National Videogame Museum Finds A Home In Texas

HardOCP News

[H] News
The Videogame History Museum has found a home in Frisco, Texas. According to the report the museum should be ready by April.

The Frisco Community Development Corporation board in Frisco, Texas, has approved a deal that grants the nonprofit museum a 10,400 square foot space in the Frisco Discovery Center. Frisco will spend up to $800,000 for building improvements and extra parking, with $100,000 donations (that the museum matched with raised funds) from the CDC and Frisco Convention and Visitors Bureau contributed to help with startup costs.

awesome -- I live in DFW - and Frisco is only about 30 or 40 min from me, and there's an ikea in Frisco too... can't wait!

Excellent, I live in DFW.

I'll have to make a trip to see it! Thanks for the heads up :cool:

At first I thought the location was going to be Kyle's garage. The Frisco location sounds better.

Considering the impact that video games have had on history, and are still relevant today, its about time Texas had something proper! Next time my nephews come visit, we are definitely going to make the trip and show those whippersnappers some real history. :)

That's good. At least I know where I'll need to go if I over freeze myself and get stuck in suspender animation waiting for the next gen gaming system. Hopefully I can gain the trust of the sea otters.

Texas can have the video game museum. We in Chicago's getting the Star Wars museum! WOOT WOOT!

Back