National Day of Unplugging March 5th 6th

New cell phones have an intense vibration. My buddy is coming over later, so I need it for then.

Sorry! You'll have to take this crusade without me.

how is it a "National Day" but then spans 2 days?

and what nation? the website indicates that it is more of an international thing.

EDIT: and I was unplugged for a week when the power went out in Texas.

I never understand the people who find technology stressful and feel the need to unplug to "relax".

I'm the opposite. Everything else is stressful. Technology is how I relax.

And I do not enjoy going out into nature either.

The beach, hiking, camping, fishing, hunting, these are all examples of things that if I ever do them again, it will be way too soon.

The less I have to deal with blood sucking insects, sun burns, gross sticky creams to prevent sunburns, mud, fucking sand everywhere and complete and utter boredom, the better.

I am much happier right here where I am in the clean, climate controlled indoors, plugged in.

Hundreds of thousands of years of evolution and technical advancement have culminated in this perfect state of being. If I had a choice, why would I ever choose to leave?

I never understand the people who find technology stressful and feel the need to unplug to "relax".

The beach, hiking, camping, fishing, hunting, these are all examples of things that if I ever do them again, it will be way too soon.

The less I have to deal with blood sucking insects, sun burns, gross sticky creams to prevent sunburns, mud, fucking sand everywhere and complete and utter boredom, the better.

I am much happier right here where I am in the clean, climate controlled indoors, plugged in.

Hundreds of thousands of years of evolution and technical advancement have culminated in this perfect state of being. If I had a choice, why would I ever choose to leave?
I understand. But get some sun, your body & mind will thank you.

To all of you naysayers:

Screenshot_20210305_111519.png

Uh, Greta? How did you post that?

Greta: How dare you!

I agree. Everyone shoudl have their own way to relax. I love traveling or driving in general if my back allows it on road trip or vacation spot here and there. The most I relax is when I am chilling alone and relaxing on my damn couch unbothered browsing the net and binge watching some TV. IDK just really relaxed that way. But yea sure I unplug sometimes.

Last edited:
yea, no. it's a work day and it's cold outside. Also, funny posting it on a tech forum on the day you are supposed to be unplugged :p

People use technology differently then you dom shocking I know. When unplugging from tech to kids these days means getting off social media and shit.

lol, love the Sun, running, grim on feet (barefoot), sand feels great, so does rain -> hate cell phones, necessary evil (in my eyes). Wish more were like you to give me more outside to myself :D. Just to show there is no right or wrong way to look at things. One size never fits all except a level of freedom that people have.

I actually forgot my phone today. So that works out.

We're actually going to start doing "Pioneer Weekend" at our place. One weekend a month, spend the two days with no major electronics. Cell phones and computers are shut off. Spend the day around The Homestead doing stuff. Maybe some Legos when we get back inside.

Man, total opposite here. I live to be outside. I'm stuck behind this desk for 40 hours a week. I need out, badly. I want to be outside, in the woods, away from people. Every year I spend a couple weeks on the motorcycle and a tent. Last year I spent three days in the woods in a tent and the motorcycle. No cell service. No people. Its also where I live. No neighbors. All forest. About a mile from any road. Base of a mountain. Hunting can get boring, yea. And the beach is pure misery. But give me a stream, flat ground for a tent, and a campfire I'm golden. Pure bliss.

A day? Meh. I do this several times a year. Usually 4 to 8 days at a stretch. Turn off cell, leave PCs behind, and attend festivals to play live music with friends around a big fire in the mountains. Moonshine mandatory.
It sounds like we lead similar lifestyles in similar locations.

How about I do what I was already going to do. Keep my phone at home and go bass busting at the local honey hole. Got a brand new rod I cant waiit to see what she can do.

It's funny how they invent one day to do something, who cares about the other 364? We pretend to be good for one day and our conscience is clear. No thanks. My conscience is fine, I don't need virtue signal day no 64.
Ikr? I use to work with a guy that would just prey his sins away every Sunday at church and continue doing the sins every week.

Back