NASA's Curiosity Rover to Land on Mars This Weekend

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
A very long trip through the solar system is about to end in what NASA hopes to be a triumphant landing on the red planet in the wee hours of Monday morning. The package being delivered to Mars is a compact car-sized rover packed full of technical equipment to analyze the Martian terrain and search for signs of life, past or present. The event will be covered live on television and Internet beginning at 12am Eastern.

what a waste of Billions of Dollars when we need to fix OUR Country and help our own ppl out with NO jobs and GREAT Depression were in to see if they might have been something out there which hasnt been proved since time began. God made it all thats a FACT and man cant except it. GOD Help you ALL

what a waste of Billions of Dollars when we need to fix OUR Country and help our own ppl out with NO jobs and GREAT Depression were in to see if they might have been something out there which hasnt been proved since time began. God made it all thats a FACT and man cant except it. GOD Help you ALL

lulz, quoted for lulz

Defiantly Lulz. How about the billions wasted on the Iraq war? 32 billion and counting. How about Afghanistan. Bin laden and WMD's weren't in either country. 600,000 deaths and counting for a knee jerk reaction. How about all the money spent on the Olympics over the past 3 decades ? Any of them furthering humanity understanding of the universe?

Honestly America needs to invest more money into free higher education for its citizens by the sounds of your post. Even with a spell checker in your browser you still manage to mangle the English language beyond all repair. The sooner the USA starts to make love and not war, then its economy will pick up, people will have jobs. and the international community might actually like what your country stands for.

I really really really hope the rover makes it. The landing method is jut so complex compared to the air bag method of the previous rovers that there is no margin for error. Whether it finds what its looking for, it's still a feat to be in awe of.
I hope for good news tomorrow morning.

Wow, you are one of the reasons why people hate religion and belief in God.
I don't ever remember reading in the Bible where God stated that man needs to stay on Earth and act like a tool, kind of like how you are acting now. :rolleyes:
You know what, why don't you just stay under your rock and let humanity continue to grow and thrive via the science and brains that God gave us.

A few hundred years from now, we might be mining Mars for precious minerals and ores that may no longer be abundant on our planet.
Also, what about discovering Hell portals? Didn't you play DOOM 3? Think of the possibilities!!! :D

Wow...

Creationism aside.. (if it was meant to be sarcastic I understand, a /facepalm would help though).

Think I'll stay up to watch the stream for this one...

618px-Trollface_HD.png

Troll rating 6/10.

Decent approach with religion and anti-intellectual sentiment. However you lost some points with the "great depression" hyperbole.

Overall a very realistic American caricature, next time maybe spice it up with something about how the free market will make this type of waste into a profitable industry.

Are we placing bet on the success and failure of this probe's landing?

What was it, 50/50 chance?

:D

Overall success rate is shy of 50%, but landing rovers is much better @ 80%.

Anyway, I'll be on pins & needles this evening!

complaining about wasteful american government technological feats while on the internet.
or
someone who believes "GOD" is not smart enough to make the entire universe and mankind from an omnipotently coordinated awe inspiring explosion 14 billion years ago to have everything fall into place through gravity, and eventually evolution.

Nasa TV

Satellite
TVRO----- AMC-18C at 105° west, C-band transponder 3C (3760 MHz, Vertical polarization), using DVB-S[1]
DirecTV----- 346
Dish Network----- 286

Internet television
Ustream nasahdtv
Digital media receiver Roku

I've seen those "why are we spending money on this when we have xyz problem here" comments on almost every curiosity video I've seen. WTF?

as for fightingfi's comment, that reads like a lame attempt at trolling, such a bad combination of troll topics in one....

I'd rather we spent MORE on space programs and less on military ventures into other countries. Heck, we ought to bring our military out of the 1980's for that matter. I would rather seem them well equipped than sent out with old technology.
Think about how different our country would be had we not been fooled into wars, and instead spent that on revamping our education systems and our infrastructure? We are getting our asses kicked and have too few to fight too many in our cyber war. We are at the point where its not if you get hacked, but when you get hacked (and how you recover).

Fuck the problems here, it's too late... We need to get started terraforming Mars before it's too late!

Hopefully, this will help create some jobs, jobs that are worth creating, jobs that are worth doing.

complaining about wasteful american government technological feats while on the internet.
or
someone who believes "GOD" is not smart enough to make the entire universe and mankind from an omnipotently coordinated awe inspiring explosion 14 billion years ago to have everything fall into place through gravity, and eventually evolution.

Just because GOD did create it all (No evolution) does not mean we cannot explore it. I find the rover pretty exciting as well.

Well, thats funny since the satanic interdimensional UFO's of Zeus's son are supposed to invade us on the 12th, but was supposed to be August 4th except the 4th plans were changed because of the Denver shootings being part of the cia mental control experiment (since the shooters guns where paid for by government grants and his father was working for the CIA doing experiments in psychiatric mind control). Anyway, the invasion was supposedly delayed. The story is the Earths frequencies are now low enough to jump from the 5th dimension to the 3rd dimension, at the closing of the Olympic games, goes along with the 'UFO' that was filmed in the background of the opening ceremony fireworks video's and is known about by the illuminatti leaders who are planning a surrender of the worlds countries with the disclosure. The UFO's will be asking for human assistance to set the world right.

^
Who really made all this shit up anyway? (not me, search youtube and you will see it)

Ok, it's cool we are sending something else to Mars, I hope we get a lot of good pictures from it, maybe some proof that it can/has supportted life in the past, etc...

Well, thats funny since the satanic interdimensional UFO's of Zeus's son are supposed to invade us on the 12th, but was supposed to be August 4th except the 4th plans were changed because of the Denver shootings being part of the cia mental control experiment (since the shooters guns where paid for by government grants and his father was working for the CIA doing experiments in psychiatric mind control). Anyway, the invasion was supposedly delayed. The story is the Earths frequencies are now low enough to jump from the 5th dimension to the 3rd dimension, at the closing of the Olympic games, goes along with the 'UFO' that was filmed in the background of the opening ceremony fireworks video's and is known about by the illuminatti leaders who are planning a surrender of the worlds countries with the disclosure. The UFO's will be asking for human assistance to set the world right. ...

You just made my head explode :confused:.

Well, thats funny since the satanic interdimensional UFO's of Zeus's son are supposed to invade us on the 12th, but was supposed to be August 4th except the 4th plans were changed because of the Denver shootings being part of the cia mental control experiment (since the shooters guns where paid for by government grants and his father was working for the CIA doing experiments in psychiatric mind control). Anyway, the invasion was supposedly delayed. The story is the Earths frequencies are now low enough to jump from the 5th dimension to the 3rd dimension, at the closing of the Olympic games, goes along with the 'UFO' that was filmed in the background of the opening ceremony fireworks video's and is known about by the illuminatti leaders who are planning a surrender of the worlds countries with the disclosure. The UFO's will be asking for human assistance to set the world right.

^
Who really made all this shit up anyway? (not me, search youtube and you will see it)

Ok, it's cool we are sending something else to Mars, I hope we get a lot of good pictures from it, maybe some proof that it can/has supportted life in the past, etc...
You're fuckin' high!

I don't have too much objection to this. But, sending people to Mars in the future will just be zillions of dollars to make geeks drool.

As for life, only one of two things will result: 1) No life or, 2) BS about something that's not evidence of life but some people claim is evidence of life. "Look, we found this carbon-based molecules. It could only have been made by ancient life!"

Just because GOD did create it all (No evolution) does not mean we cannot explore it. I find the rover pretty exciting as well.
This.

The landing is going to be an exciting thing and I'm looking forward to its findings as well.
Would be cool if we found some ancient/extra-terrestrial technology that might eventually benefit mankind.

I don't have too much objection to this. But, sending people to Mars in the future will just be zillions of dollars to make geeks drool.

As for life, only one of two things will result: 1) No life or, 2) BS about something that's not evidence of life but some people claim is evidence of life. "Look, we found this carbon-based molecules. It could only have been made by ancient life!"

It doesn't have to cost zillions of dollars. Mismanagement costs zillions of dollars. NASA could easily have a successful manned space program with the money they already have (source: The Case for Mars).

Back