NASA Documents China’s Pollution Problem from Space

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
Viewing China’s smog problem from space is probably the only safe way to witness how the Chinese have let the problem grow to dangerous proportions. NASA has been taking shots from space and comparing them as demonstrated by the GIF on the website comparing two consecutive days with the wind being the deciding factor on the amount of smog over the country. China is having growing pains as it enters into an industrialized society and changes are needed quickly.

The PM10 density was 560 micrograms per cubic meter of air. In the US, concentrations of 150 micrograms per cubic meter of air are considered beyond the limit. But the PM2.5 concentration is even worse

Maybe we should/can export the EPA so that they can kill jobs over there in the name of providing a safe enviroment for thier children. They need to do something.

Maybe we should/can export the EPA so that they can kill jobs over there in the name of providing a safe enviroment for thier children. They need to do something.

Congratulations. This is the most moronic statement I have ever heard.

This whole 'pollution' thing is clearly a progressive load of bull designed to kill large companies that have nothing but the best interest of individual citizens, and people, in mind. Duh.

It's sad... when a country is so self righteous... it does not even want to save itself from its own destruction.

"Did you know you can see the great wall of child from space"
"Really wow imma be an astronaut when i grow up and see that for myself"
"Da fuk is this i can't see the wall at all"

It's sad... when a country is so self righteous... it does not even want to save itself from its own destruction.

Do you know the first place that comes to mind whenever someone mentions the work 'smog'?

Lets be like China because jobs that pay so much that people are willing to commit mass suicide are worth not being to breath.

China may survive due to it's size. Want to see a hard lesson in economics versus environment? Take a look at Poland. By the time they pull themselves into the 20th century, let alone the 21st, they will have destroyed half their country and rendered it unfit for human habitation.

That is pretty nasty. It reminds me of the Beijing Olympics in 2008 and how some American athletes covered their mouths to not breathe in the nasty air and some touchy Chinese got offended by that. :rolleyes:

Back