NASA Announces Largest Collection of Planets Ever Discovered

HardOCP News

[H] News
Just because NASA has doubled the number of confirmed planets previously known to exist doesn't mean there is alien life out there. BUT....aliens are out there.

Analysis was performed on the Kepler space telescope’s July 2015 planet candidate catalog, which identified 4,302 potential planets. For 1,284 of the candidates, the probability of being a planet is greater than 99 percent – the minimum required to earn the status of “planet.” An additional 1,327 candidates are more likely than not to be actual planets, but they do not meet the 99 percent threshold and will require additional study. The remaining 707 are more likely to be some other astrophysical phenomena. This analysis also validated 984 candidates previously verified by other techniques.

When can I buy a ticket to another habitable planet? This one has too many people on it.

I presume that if we decide to actually head toward another inhabitable planet, it will be a space-faring colony that will travel for hundreds or thousands of years under painfully slow acceleration and no one alive at launch will reach the new planet. But at least you won't be on Earth anymore.

I presume that if we decide to actually head toward another inhabitable planet, it will be a space-faring colony that will travel for hundreds or thousands of years under painfully slow acceleration and no one alive at launch will reach the new planet. But at least you won't be on Earth anymore.

But that would mean 100% chance of getting laid:)

i'd take that trip in a heart beat.

What a marvel to think that we have only scratched the surface of all of Gods wonderful creations.

Back