Narrow Power Switcher

gangolfus

Gawd
This isn't directly network related, but I believe networking equipment is the solution...

I recently custom built a desk for myself. I have outfitted it with LED lighting for various purposes (keyboard light, under desk, in cabinet, etc) and would like a central control for turning the various lights on/off. My research has found rack mount power supplies that look neat and clean, the only problem is that they are too wide for my purposes. I was wondering if anyone here knew of any non-full rack width power switchers.

I'm looking at something like: http://www.amazon.com/Pyle-Pro-PDBC10-Outlet-Supply-Center/dp/B0037GPLOE, but no more than 16" wide.

I am also open to other suggestions for a clean way to switch ~6 devices on/off if anyone has any ideas!

Thanks in advance.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Yeah, this is certainly another option. My monitors are on arms so there is nothing for this to sit under. Mounting it under the desk or in one of the cabinets is possible, but I would prefer something with a few more switches. I would prefer 6-8 switches instead of 4.

Hmmm, after searching MicroCenter, TigerDirect, Newegg, Fry's, and Amazon, this appears to be the only one currently on the market.

well, if your lights use low voltage power (12v), you could always build your own custom project box with switches and layout of your choice. check out digikey, mouser or alied electronics for those parts.

Back