Napster

D4RK1C3

Gawd
So i just finished doing the installation of my new headunit in my camaro. I noticed that it will play wma files so i figured it gives me a good reason to install the free trial of napster. So I installed it about 9 oclock today and im already at 1 gig of music dl'd from napster for their free trial. I wonder if they know that they are giving away so much.

i dont think you'll be able to play those in your car cd player...i think napster has some sort of protection if i'm correct..can anyone verify this?...also i heard the songs "Expire"...like disappear or become not playable after a certain amount of time...again...just what i hear.. hopefully someone here knows the real scoop.

It burned properly, but i will test it when i get off work and give you an update 2marrow

correctamundo i did not work, guess its back to the drawing board. Hum just another reason to install a computer into my car.

D4RK1C3 said:
correctamundo i did not work, guess its back to the drawing board. Hum just another reason to install a computer into my car.

It would be a lot easier if you had a head unit with an auxillary in and got a compatible portable mp3 player that supports M$'s Janus DRM. ;)

Just look for the Napster To Go logo on compatible players.

You can convert the napster wma files to mp3 or any other format with a program called virtuosa

StickyLoad said:
You can convert the napster wma files to mp3 or any other format with a program called virtuosa

Tried that.. Doesnt Work... Is there a Special version or something or has the DRM Keys been updated?

I'm sure the music will go away once the trial ends, and/or you don't start paying.

It de-activates the songs, You have to Subscribe to get them re-activated.

Nice thing is you can keep them on your HD and listen to them or put them on your Napster Compatible Portable.. But you cant burn them or really move them...

DRM really does what it sets out to do well.

just run them through the winamp decoder, then burn and re-rip them ;)

i dont see napster surviving. if i was paying for a subscription service, id rather pay for XM. seems a lot more convenient.

i dont see napster surviving. but then again, what do i know :) if i was paying for a subscription service, id rather pay for XM. seems a lot more convenient.

Garage81 said:

i dont see napster surviving. but then again, what do i know :) if i was paying for a subscription service, id rather pay for XM. seems a lot more convenient.

You cant any longer, They changed the DRM keys for Winamp, Old Versions will not read DRM WMAs any more, and the new version wont work with the Output Stacker.

Garage81 said:
shit, did they really?

i didnt know that.

Sure Did, A couple of Days Ago..
Since AOL owns Winamp, They were afraid of a lawsuite

Back