Nanoparticle Experiment: Humans Could Get X-Men "Super Vision" to See in the Dark

Megalith

24-bit/48kHz
Staff member
Chinese and US scientists have performed a successful experiment giving mice the ability to see infrared light after injecting them with nanoparticles, and they suggest human vision could be modified in the same way, allowing people to detect a wider spectrum of colors. “Current infrared technology allows the user to see heat emitted from animals, but its effectiveness is hampered by bulky batteries and interference from visible light.”

Lead researcher Dr Tian Xue said the applications include military use and could be adapted to treat people who are colour blind and can’t detect red. “We believe this technology will also work in human eyes, not only for generating super vision but also for therapeutic solutions in human red colour vision deficits,” said Dr Xue. “This is an exciting subject because the technology we made possible here could eventually enable human beings to see beyond our natural capabilities."

know-your-meme-dog-bath-nope.jpg

Chinese and US scientists have performed a successful experiment giving mice the ability to see infrared light after injecting them with nanoparticles, and they suggest human vision could be modified in the same way, allowing people to detect a wider spectrum of colors. “Current infrared technology allows the user to see heat emitted from animals, but its effectiveness is hampered by bulky batteries and interference from visible light.”

Lead researcher Dr Tian Xue said the applications include military use and could be adapted to treat people who are colour blind and can’t detect red. “We believe this technology will also work in human eyes, not only for generating super vision but also for therapeutic solutions in human red colour vision deficits,” said Dr Xue. “This is an exciting subject because the technology we made possible here could eventually enable human beings to see beyond our natural capabilities."

Nano particles in the eye huh?

tenor (3).gif

Wait, you guys don't already have vision that lets you see at night?

Wait, you guys don't already have vision that lets you see at night?
No human does in that wavelength. It would basically turn your eyes temporarily into a pair of FLIR devices, you would see heat.

Reactions: N4CR
like this
So now i can get my eyeballs tattooed and get thermal sight,,,, where do i sign up.

I want something that will allow me to only see through women's clothing but there would also have to be built-in detection that automatically filters out unattractive women.

Guys some clarification is needed here. They are not talking about FLIR version as in far infrared. This would not be possible to be focused by our lenses in our eyes. What they are most likely talking about is near infrared like what is used in the remote controls. As such in order to see in the dark a near infrared light source would still be required.

Which of the X-men have super vision?
None that I know of. There's a minor character more recently that is called Eye Boy and has eyes all over him that he can see through with slight enhancement, but it's not super vision.

I'm waiting for tech to regrow or add more cones to the eye, much like the tests with regrowing damaged cilla in the ears of rats, which stopped tinnitus.
25% of European women have a fourth cone (and some guys) which perceives yellow or gold colours - Tetrachromats. I believe I am as I have for many years had a very heightened colour perception which I make great use of in my field of work. Adding another cone for NIR would be amazing for those who do a lot of work in the dark.

Back