Nano making me miffed

Ety

Limp Gawd
I just got my White 4gb Nano and I love it. But when I use the USB cable it came with, it says Firewire isn't supported, press the center button. It will keep coming up and freezes after I unplug it (I ejected it first) and I have to reset it. Any suggestions?

All I know to tell you is to hold down the center and menu buttons to reboot the IPod. Maybe that will do something? That is an interesting problem that I have never heard about.

if you bought it from an apple store, take it back and exchange it for a new one. Otherwise call apple and explain what's going on and they should make it right.

iceman3083 said:
From what i heard the nano doesnt support firewire at all, just usb 2.0

the nano uses a standard dock connector... which means it supports USB 1.1, 2.0 and Firewire 400

Negatory my friend. There is no Firewire support with the nano whatsoever. Jobs pretty much insinuated that it only works with USB 2.0, at least he did when talking about the minimum specifications. From what I've read on Anandtech, a few people have used it with usb 1.1. Again, definetly no firewire, which is why many of the old Mac crazies are whining sitting around with their older beauts that still only support firewire.

yeah, sorry about that... definitely got conflicting reports from my roommate who just bought one... i apologize... i blame it on his affinity for the ganga

kidicarus74 said:
yeah, sorry about that... definitely got conflicting reports from my roommate who just bought one... i apologize... i blame it on his affinity for the ganga

Well you know what they say about people that make the switch :)

It was the cable I used another one I had and its fine. :D Thanks everyone

Back