Name some current games with awesome story lines for PC

Maximus825 said:
Halo's story may have been "generic" but it was told in such a way that it was captivating and made you want to keep on going. Also, you have the Halo novels that have great stories to them.

I've never played Halo (don't have an Xbox) but this is how i feel so far about the Half Life 1 and 2 story. A generic teleportation-experiment-goes-wrong-bringing-an-alien-invasion story, but the presentation and the fact that you're so involved in it makes up for the (so far) blah story.

I dont know much about games in the past few years, everyone does have their own interests in different stories. I havnt played a whole lot of games in the last few years for lack of originality, and that most of em just looked alike, another shooter, another 3d fighter, another RTS, another MMORPG. But then i refuse to pay to play for an online someone else will delete if im idle too long. Id rather buy my games once, cause my interest in them shifts often, maybe play a game for a day and then not again for 2 months.

I know its not exactly recent, but i think System Shock 2 had one of the best stories of any game i have ever played. Atleast it kept my interest enough to finish it, and i rarely even come close with most games. Played and beat that last year, i can say its starting to show its age now though.

Ratha

Area 51 had a pretty good story line, too bad the game was so short.

Some other games not mentioned here that were pretty good on the story front..

Beyond Good and Evil (A bit silly at first, but a VERY entertaining game)
Freelancer - It is a mystery games, plain and simple.

As said before Return to Krondor <- find it somewhere great storytelling.

Morrowind, and to parts of the games quirkiness aside Vampire Bloodlines

Ratha said:
I dont know much about games in the past few years, everyone does have their own interests in different stories. I havnt played a whole lot of games in the last few years for lack of originality, and that most of em just looked alike, another shooter, another 3d fighter, another RTS, another MMORPG. But then i refuse to pay to play for an online someone else will delete if im idle too long. Id rather buy my games once, cause my interest in them shifts often, maybe play a game for a day and then not again for 2 months.

I know its not exactly recent, but i think System Shock 2 had one of the best stories of any game i have ever played. Atleast it kept my interest enough to finish it, and i rarely even come close with most games. Played and beat that last year, i can say its starting to show its age now though.

Ratha

w3rd

Seems most of the more current games have insipid or lame storylines.

Best for me would be the Kotor series.

If we go into older stuff as well, then the Elder Scrolls series, Starcraft, Warcraft.

One of the better storylines was AvP2, with the way all 3 games were interwoven together. Stuff that made no sense when it happened in one campaign would be cleared up in one of the others...and was usually caused by you.

Back