NAKED LGA775 prescott

ryuji

2[H]4U
24414c69448d96.jpg

24414c69c04300.jpg

24414c6aa0ea84.jpg

prescott.. meet northwood
24414c6ce9f995.jpg

wont be de-topping the 570 but the 506 makes a good desk pice next to the northwood... the cpus still functional too... my friend de-topped his 3.2e the same way... the same 3.2e i used to have :p

I'm confused. Did you just use the razorblade method?

prescotts are attached to the ihs using solder... that needs to be melted after you pop the seal.. no i didnt use a razor blade.. i used a thin plastic card

Oh, I always thought they were just like Northwoods and AMD's. Just a simple coat of thermal paste, and then sealed up.

Good work.

ryuji said:
prescotts are attached to the ihs using solder... that needs to be melted after you pop the seal.. no i didnt use a razor blade.. i used a thin plastic card
So basically you're saying it's a lot riskier to do?

xtasyindecay said:
What is the black sh*t on the surface in the first pic?

burnt shit.
the lighter that he used found all the imperfections that weren't metal and burned the hell out of them :D

Shameless Liar said:
So basically you're saying it's a lot riskier to do?

Lot easier IMO, just heat the ihs and get the solder to the flux point and gently pry it off :D

ryuji said:
wont be de-topping the 570 but the 506 makes a good desk pice next to the northwood... the cpus still functional too... my friend de-topped his 3.2e the same way... the same 3.2e i used to have :p

who ended up with that?

ScHpAnKy said:
burnt shit.
the lighter that he used found all the imperfections that weren't metal and burned the hell out of them :D
actualy no... i used the t-pass to break the seal.. the black shit you see all around the core is just silicone sealant(note the black ring around both cpus and the ihs on the prescott and you will understand)

ScHpAnKy said:
who ended up with that?
meltedduron

just to be clear, because i'm not sure that i believed it the first time i read it, the prescott still works having melted off the solder?

DFI Daishi said:
just to be clear, because i'm not sure that i believed it the first time i read it, the prescott still works having melted off the solder?
my buddy did it to his 3.2e as well.. it still works... i didnt burn the substate so theres no reason why it shouldnt work... bitchbreaker de-topped his presler as well

Back