n00b Q: Does the Eisbaer have enough pressure for a 360x60mm rad?

I'm about 95% sure the answer is a resounding yes, but figured I'd run it by [H] first.

Through a combination of shipping delays, impatience, and impulse buying, I have ended up with an extra 360x60mm radiator. I'm thinking that this might look good as a replacement for my H100i - but I don't have space inside the case for another pump & res.

Would the Eisbaer be able to efficiently move coolant through the big radiator mounted 6-8" above it? Looks like it's rated at 33", but I don't have any idea what losses are like through the tubing, fittings, and radiator.

Unless I'm mistaken, the Eisbaer houses a DC-LT pump in a custom top integrated with the block.

The DC-LT is pretty lightweight in terms of custom loop cooling, but that doesn't mean it's weak in terms of what's actually required for a PC cooling loop. DDCs and D5s are ridiculously overpowered for what we use them for, after all.

I think you'll be fine. If the thing is rated at 33" of head and your rad is less than a foot overhead, you'll be able to prime the loop - which is arguably the only time when a pump's rated head matters - and it'll be smooth sailing from there.

Thanks. That's what I was hoping to hear.

I'm thinking I will prime the loop outside of the case. I seem to have developed a fetish for QDCs, so that makes it pretty easy.

Back