Mythos the Beta (Diablo Fans)

this is not an invite request thread people. Go to the irc channel and ask for them there or sign up on the site and wait. Or you can beg on their forums.

As for the dark look try zone 2 dungeons.

When its done they should slap a 25$ price tag on it, no monthly fee. That would keep them going after Smellgate London

Mythos sent out 2 beta invites to celebrate the new year. I have two invites available, please PM me.

I'll be damned! This is just like D2 only better :D

Thanks for invite :D

Any newbies want someone to play with my name in game is RedShirtTOS. Feel free to pm me I am currently level 19. Love this game.

When its done they should slap a 25$ price tag on it, no monthly fee. That would keep them going after Smellgate London

Seriuosly, if FS is smart they'll wrap this game up in the next 6 months, slap a $29 price tag on it, no monthly fees and continue to support it on the backend.

Its a sleeper, and if they do things right could become HUGE once retail.

I've got 2 friends that want in if someone could help me out?

Anybody got any spare invites?

I'm slowly losing interest in this game because it's taking them forever to get the damn thing finished :(

Anybody got any spare invites?

I'm slowly losing interest in this game because it's taking them forever to get the damn thing finished :(

If you want an invite then follow these instructions. It's easy and takes less than 5 minutes. I've done it with 3 different emails for friends.

Step 1) Go to this link. It's the only way I know how to get to the irc.forthegamers.org if you have a different link to the irc then use that but you have to be connected to irc.forthegamers.org!!

Step 2) Press Connect.

Step 3) If you follow my link you will be connected to tbadventures.com chat, to get to the mythos chat place type this: /join #mythos

Step 4) Once you are connected to #mythos to get your Invite Private Message (double click there name in the right hand column) G-15 or Sulfuric.

Step 5) Tell them that you would like an Invite to Mythos please, and then tell them your email address.

Step 6) It might take a few minutes but eventually they will reply with a "there you go", say thank you!

Step 7) Check your Email, follow the steps to active your account.

Step 8) Download Mythos; and enjoy!

Credit goes to -Austin, a member at MMORPG.com forums!

man i got back into world of warcraft and havent touched mythos in like 2 weeks....oh no!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

irc.forthegamers.org goes to a page saying under construction

its an IRC server not a webserver and now when u go on it, it says they are not allowed to give out invites via IRC... =(

If anyone has an extra invite would u be willing to give one to me? PM me please, thank you

Eragon Dragonslayer thanks for waking me up. Its in the name.

why if this game is so good don't they make it into something to make money.
Then again if they do, it will probably be bought by EA and suck big time ...lol

Eragon Dragonslayer thanks for waking me up. Its in the name.

why if this game is so good don't they make it into something to make money.
Then again if they do, it will probably be bought by EA and suck big time ...lol

WHAT?! STFU dont give them any ideas i like FREE and i hope it stays that way...lol

Been beta testing it for the last 2 or 3 days now. Initial impressions are decent enough, but it still leaves something to be desired.

I've noticed that the environments are randomly generated, and all of them use the same textures and layouts. It gets very repetitive very quickly, although most MMO games do. There wasn't enough variety in the environments to make me stick around.

Also, it was the same thing over and over, which is more of a personal thing than anything. I think I'm gonna stick with FPS and other less demanding games. I'm sick of getting a quest, travel to the dungeon entrance (through a randomly generated environment), go in dungeon, clear the floor, move up to final floor, kill the boss, grab the loot, then warp out and turn it in.

I must say though, that the skill selection is pretty astonishing and it is refreshing to have a little more variety in where your build goes. Also the achievements makes it nice, since everybody has access to those at certain points. There's still a lot of bugs to be worked out though. I noticed that sometimes when I kill a mob, I keep stabbing it over and over again and it wont lose health at all. I have to move away, turn around, then attack him again and he finally starts to die. Also, a fairly good item dropped off a mob, but it got stuck in the walls somehow and I couldn't pick it up. Oh well.

I still think it is better than HG:L though...

I've noticed that the environments are randomly generated, and all of them use the same textures and layouts. It gets very repetitive very quickly, although most MMO games do. There wasn't enough variety in the environments to make me stick around.

Being a huge Diablo 2 fan, this is the first thing I noticed and didn't really like. That and I didn't like how the quests were made out. Warp here, kill this, collect this, come back, talk to someone. I like the fact in D2 that the maps were randomly generated, but there was some common goal, and the storyline from the game tied one thing to the next. But I have to say, even though it's a beta there is time to change that, but from the looks of things that would be a huge overhaul.

All in all though I still think this is an awesome game, and will be when it is released. I got hooked for awhile playing Titan Quest but it just doesn't have that feel that the Diablo series had, which, even though not the same look as D2, Mythos does it very well. I'm sure there are a lot of new things to come and a lot of things that will change but right now I think this will definitely be a winner.

Keep in mind though guys that this game started as a test game for Flagship to test their HGL servers. It caught on in the office and more people started working on it after hours. It got so big that Flagship released the beta and I believe are one day planning on releasing it.

The smart move would be, add a lot more content (zones, textures, classes, races) and release the game for $29. It would guarantee a MASSIVE following and likely fill the Diablo void until Blizzard eventually announces Diablo 3.

they are never going to release a retail copy they are already working on premium items that will cost money that you can purchase. There will soon be a full crafting system implemented as well.

Well that would work if they gave invites out on the irc any more but they dont jeeez

Wow I can't believe I never took a hard look at this game but after reading this thread and looking at some screenies I'm impressed! It's rare you see any company make a game and not charge for it while hosting it on their servers etc. I was less then impressed with the direction Hellgate took but this looks to be right up my alley.

If any invites are still available I'd love to have one as it sounds like they have reached their max for now and are not handing anymore out. Thanks in advance!

Go to the website and fill in your email address. I did this about a month ago, and yesterday and invite showed up in my inbox. Gonna give it a run later today after work.

Tossed my Email in there yesterday... hopefully I won't have to wait a month though. If anyone has a spare invite, throw it my way and I will do the same if I ever get my invite.

I'm digging through the thread trying to find the IRC room details on asking for an invite. Could someone that knows what page it's on just give me a quick direction on it?

UPDATE: Found the link to the instructions. Unfortunately their IRC Channel has a big disclaimer stating that there are NO MORE INVITES, and apparently "no one normal has more invites either" (whatever that means). Oh well, really wanted to test run this game. According to devs in the IRC channel they have closed Beta to further invites for the time being. Apparently too many went out, they are worried about server load.

personally I did the same.. it looks too much like WoW for me.. the dungeon parts are ok, but it seemed more cartoonish then diablo.. I was hoping for something more "gritty". oh well.

Indeed, so I'll still have to wait for D3, but this might take me out of my Diablo Depression til D3 comes out.

Back