Mythos the Beta (Diablo Fans)

Holy crap this game looks like FUN!!! Anyone have an idea of release date ? I signed up for the beta, hoping to get a shot at it!

This looks like al ot of fun, I just messaged one of the guys on that irc chat. Hopefully I get myself a key and i can give it a spin:D

I have a few invites available. If interested, please send me a PM with your e-mail.

one of the screen shots looks like a plate wearer chunking spells is that a paladin?
Most screens are of mages, any warriors, assassins, or amazons?

any talk on when the game will be released?

Just sent you a PM jedolley. Thanks in advance, I've been waiting to try this for ages.

one of the screen shots looks like a plate wearer chunking spells is that a paladin?
Most screens are of mages, any warriors, assassins, or amazons?

any talk on when the game will be released?

There are only 3 classes atm.

Bloodletter - Melee class, but has casting abilities like DOTs, summon demons, etc.
Gadgeteer - Range class, but has abilities to enhance range abilities, and create bombs, create mechanical pets, etc.
Pryomancer - Caster class, haven't played this at all, but assume its like a fire mage of some sort.

Damn sorry jed sent you a request before I read the last post. If anyone has any, let me know. I'd love to give this game a shot!

dont know if this has been posted, but http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm?BHCP=1,1,1&THREAD=157981&bhcp=1

follow those instructions/join thier irc channel and ask for an invite. i got one in about a minute or two after connecting. Going to check it out now.

Thank you!

More on topic, this game is fun. I honestly believe that it's more fun than Hellgate: London, but that just might be my opinion. It certainly more addictive- it's always a case of "just one more level." They obviously need to tweak and flesh out things, but it's a closed beta, so they have time.

this game is not being released in stores it was just a lil fun project to stress test hellgate londons servers but so many people are signing up that they are keeping it going...when beta is done there will be an item mall but no monthly fee.

I loved diablo, If someone has 2 Spare invites I'd appreciate a PM. My GF wanted to start new chars on WoW but I can't force her to go through with that again :eek:

This game has some potential. I just got my invite last night and I've been playing ever since.

this game is not being released in stores it was just a lil fun project to stress test hellgate londons servers but so many people are signing up that they are keeping it going...when beta is done there will be an item mall but no monthly fee.

Ahhhh forget about it then.

I hate when companies do this. It FORCES hardcore/dedicated players to buying that crap or else you'll be a nooblet with subpar gear. I HATE it

man this game is fun... ill have to hold myself to not become addicted to it

Ahhhh forget about it then.

I hate when companies do this. It FORCES hardcore/dedicated players to buying that crap or else you'll be a nooblet with subpar gear. I HATE it

I dont think they are doing an item mall. I think their plan is to have two currencys, gold and a paid for currency. There are certain items you can only buy with the paid for currency and their also will be a way exchange currencys so you wont be forced to buy it.

The game is completely free, so having an item mall is no big deal. Any kind of scratch they can get from a free game is fine by me.

Amen, if I can drop a few bucks and get some decent gear, I'll do it, better than paying 15 bucks every month and have shit gear egh ;)

Lovin the game so far. Wish I had some people to lvl with and talk to while in game.

If your ever on and near the beginning ( lvl 2ish ) let me know. My Xfire is carajean206 in game im carajean.

See ya in game

BTW I have cancelled my LOTRO account for this. Its free and fun.

ok I finally got in, but I keep getting error 8-2537... I had the same problem with Hellgate london. I really wanna give this game a shot!

my only hope for this games is to be able to mod the UI just a little bit.

i never played diablo and i dig this game

i have to say again that i LOVE this games ... its a clickfest but i dig it!

i have a question ,

can we get a bigger bag ?

well it's not going to be an exact duplicate of the typical "item mall" but you see in the inventory how there is your money and by that is a lil tiny image of what looks to be like a gold bar...you will have to purchase those with real money then buy thee "uber-iffic" stuff with that...

in other news zone 3 is nearing its finish...im getting excited! I cannot waitto get out of this desert land and go into the ice zone!

how do i get in the beta? I submitted my email on their site but haven't heard a peep.. can anyone hook up a [H] brotha? :p

I have been playing this the last few weeks I still love it even though its point and click I like being able to kill stuff within 30 secs of logging in lol I also left LOTRO for this and I am very happy.

how do i get in the beta? I submitted my email on their site but haven't heard a peep.. can anyone hook up a [H] brotha? :p

Originally Posted by $ilvano View Post
dont know if this has been posted, but http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cf...=157981&bhcp=1

follow those instructions/join thier irc channel and ask for an invite. i got one in about a minute or two after connecting. Going to check it out now.

do that my Brotha , i did it and received an invite in minutes

I have really been enjoying this as well, its fun and best of all its fast to get into. You can easily only invest 20 or so minutes to clear a dungeon if you want. I grouped with some people for the first time last weekend at level 15 or so and that was great too, took me back to diablo days, I even had the one guy taking everything way too seriously telling everyone to stick together.

That being said a little class verity would be killer. I played a fire mage whatever up until I got to the mobs with 70% resistance to fire, wanding stuff to death is not fun. I would love to see a buff/debuff class and some type of healer. Otherwise great fun.

I've been playing for a few days now and I'm surprised at how fun it is despite being a relatively simple game. My primary gripe is with the artistic direction of the game. To my eyes Mythos resembles WOW due to its colorful and cartoony graphics. Not entirely bad in and of itself, but I think Mythos should do everything it can to set itself apart from WOW.

Back