Mysterious Issue with pfSense

amrogers3

Gawd
Hey guys, got a question.

so it all started last night, streaming TV stopped intermittently and web pages wouldnt load.

Only certain webpages though. For example, I can't access hotmail.

I haven't changed any settings in pfSense. Matter of fact, haven't logged into pfSense for months. Has been running fine with no problems or issues.

I show no errors or collisions on Interface page in pfSense. All interfaces show "up" and green status. I know it is an old version of pfSense. Upgrading always seems to break something.

nTYnO5i.png

It appears trying to access hotmail.com throws some traffic anomalies, TCP Retransmission and TCP DUP ACK packets.

KDrQVAj.png

Any reason what would be causing this? I have tried to access hotmail on two separate computers with same result. I am getting ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT.

TraW7Aa.png

Could be a HW issue?? I am testing memory right now and it hasn't finished but has thrown any errors.

Any help would be most appreciated. I have no idea what or why pfSense went sideways on me. It has been working fine for years!

I have had a similar issue in the last few months. The only solution that didn't require rebooting the device was to clear the state table. Been running that box for over 3 years with no problems and only recently this popped up.

I have had a similar issue in the last few months. The only solution that didn't require rebooting the device was to clear the state table. Been running that box for over 3 years with no problems and only recently this popped up.
Good call on the state table reset. Things seem to go a lot smoother whenever that's used along with changes

Back