MySpace Worm Uses Fast-Flux to Dodge Detection

Rich Tate

Supreme [H]ardness
We have seen quite a few pieces of malware that have infected MySpace users, but the interesting thing about this one is that it actually uses technology that makes it almost impossible to catch.

"Bad guys will register badguy.com and the IP addresses that are being used as you resolve badguy.com actually change dynamically," he said. "You could do a lookup 1,000 times for the record for badguy.com, and it could resolve to 1,000 different PCs.

lotta money to be made off malware and phishing for these people to come up with genius ideas like these

I still don't udnerstand the allure of MySpace. Is it kind of like AOL back in its heyday? Never understood that either.

I still don't udnerstand the allure of MySpace. Is it kind of like AOL back in its heyday? Never understood that either.

allure is finding people and becoming an online social butterfly by adding as many people as you can as your "friend" and thinking they actually give 2 craps about you.

there are the people who use myspace for what it was made for, to stay in touch with friends or multiple friends in one place, but for the most part it is a site for girls with low self asteem to post half naked pics of themselves and have people tell them how "hot" they are, then have their parents sue myspace when the dumb arse hats give somone all their info to hook up.

Because myspace enabled me to find some old friends that I had lost contact with and had no way to track down.

Back