MyMovies + iPad

Adam

[H]ard|Gawd
Im not sure if anybody else knew this, I did not. But MyMovies now has an iPad app, that allows you to play movies from the iPad. I've been using Media Browser for years, but have clients with MyMovies. Well I just switched to MyMovies, they've come a long way since they first came out, much better design in MyMovies 4. I like the seperate TV Series area now, that's really handy. Anyway give it a try. Here are some screen shots of me using it (currently importing my database still):

401425_2603315997591_1095570040_32236112_885075168_n.jpg

407894_2603315077568_1095570040_32236111_1313520740_n.jpg

402314_2603314157545_1095570040_32236110_1770367621_n.jpg

Have the free version. I do think MyMovies is great...but it seems as if a lot of folks here haven't been keeping up with it.

I've not played any movies on my iPad because I apparently don't have any hosts in my house. That's one think that's not really working for me...it seems to want a password protected machine to be the server. I don't like to password protect my PCs....please correct me if I'm wrong, though, cause I would like to see how this works (not that I really want to watch movies on my iPad when I have the big screens---but still...doing it is cool, as long as it's free).

Well my machines are all passworded... but it doesnt work like that.
I installed mymovies4 on my HTPC (media browser is still installed but my movies deletes its meta data, it doesnt like media browser)... so i had it import my collection via folders. With media browser running i added the host.

Now it wont AUTO FIND the host unless you have itunes installed, so manually add it (ya just need to name it and an IP address)... thats it really

LOL yeah the thing was on empty, was like 3am when i was playing with it :) I have troubles getting it to sync my library, took me a few tries and now it has all 271 of my movies.

There is a remote on it which is neat

Looks interesting, although I'm using Plex on iOS with the Plex Media Server and am having no issues streaming both locally and remotely on 3G :)

Well, I ended up getting the pro version as I like being able to scroll my library on my iPad for find something to watch. Being able to control all my HTPCs using this app is nice. My only problem is my wifi downstairs is spotty, so the app doesn't work well there. Works like a charm upstairs. Gotta solve that weak wifi problem downstairs. I'll probably get the Android version too for my other tablet.

OP - thanks for the post. I guess I never really bothered to figure out what this app was for...I initially thought it was to play movies on your tablet, which I'm not really that hot about plus I have other ways to do that (using AirVideo).

I originally thought it was just to look at your library, till i did a google search for something and saw an integrator using it, looked on their site, read the fine details and sure enough, it can start playback on the media center.

They really should put that in bold type at the top of their page, its a huge feature

I run MyMovies on my two HTPC's and use the iPAD application as well to compliment both systems. People should keep in mind that you need to keep your iDevices constantly synchronized if you implement any changes on your systems in order to have the updates reflected on your mobile devices. Another application that I use that my wife absolutely loves is Remote Potato:

http://www.remotepotato.com/

Aside from accessing your movies it gives you full functionality of other aspects of your mediapc if your running Windows 7.

I wish the MM iPad app would play movies to WMC Extenders and not just the main HTPC - I'd use it a lot more then.

i use plex for this, works phenomenally, beauty is i use it on all my mobile devices both android and iOS, as well as laptops, and i also have family 100 miles away have their media-center running plex linked to my library. streams perfect anything they want to watch

tried MM a few years ago, i found the meta scraper to be terrible, currently i am using a combo of MCM-Ember and cover all my bases.

Back