My Xbox One X - just shuts off during loading Division 2

mgty23

[H]ard|Gawd
Hello. My question is. Today I turn on Division 2 after console being idle overnight , and when i was on loading 14% its shuts off. So i turn back on again console. Is my XBox One X faulty? I have plugged to wall directly,to power cord. There was not power outage.

It just shuts down,like pressing power button to off. And not any overheating message. Working fine again.

The same advice we gave about not leaving your PC on all the time also applies to your game consoles. If you don't want to shut it all the way down then at least run it in "Instant On" mode. In this mode when you turn the console "off" it instead puts the console in an S1 sleep state instead of S5 standby.

I’ve noticed two times now that if I leave the game idle for about a half hour or so the entire Xbox one x turns off. It’s definitely not something in the Xbox settings, is the only game that does that while being idle.
Has this happened to anyone else? Second time it shut off when loading game on 14%.

It just shuts down,like pressing power button to off. And not any overheating message. Working fine again.

Also after shutdown there was not any error message,or any overheating message.

I am scary of psu is fine?

Does the Xbox one HAVE an overheating message? Most computers (which this basically is), just shut down.

If it's actually making the ding sound and flashing likes it's properly turning off, I haven't a clue. A power issue would just shut off.

After your recurrent PC issues and now with the Xbox I am even more confident that you have electrical issues in your domicile. You need to get that checked out.

Yeah but somebody said that console shutdowns cant be caused by game. And its hardware issue. So why only in Division 2 i had both shutdowns? Is my hardware console breaked?

Yeah but somebody said that console shutdowns cant be caused by game. And its hardware issue. So why only in Division 2 i had both shutdowns? Is my hardware console breaked?
Games can crash the system just like on a pc.

Hello.Can game / crash ,cause console to shutdown? I ask because.
When i left Division 2 idle for a long time, entire xbox turns off.
Second time,during starting game,on loading progress 14% console shutdown/turns off.
Then i pressed power button to run again console.

It happened two times. On gameplay never had shutdown. Also tested other games and not single issue:JEDI FALLEN ORDER, METRO EXODUS, DOOM ETERNAL,GEARS OF WAR 5.

So its possible that game just crashed console or something? Or it was hardware issue?

It is possible it was the game, or something else, leaving the console on for a long time without using it might have caused parts of it to go to sleep or try to and caused the crash, could have been a power issue.

If it no longer happens I would not worry about it, if it becomes a more frequest issue it might be worth investigating further.

I remember that after few days ,game crashed on 20% loading progress. But game crashed to dashboard,instead of console shutting down. So next time it crashed to dashboard without shutting down console. So i think it was related on both times to game then?

Last edited:
I'm not sure why or how but my Xbox is doing the same thing so it might be the new DLC or the game's map was updated and it now can't handle it.

Back