My XBox one has me....

ManofGod

[H]F Junkie
...hooked on console gaming again. :D This is so much so that I purchased another Xbox 360 after 2 and 1/2 years of not having one. Now I have a high end gaming machine, Xbox one, Xbox 360 and Xbox original. :D

Any suggestions on good games for the 360? I have a lot of games on my Gaming rig so I would appreciate some exclusives. (I have purchased Gears of War 2 because it was cheap. Also, I picked up Oblivion since the copy I have on my rig does not support my Xbox game controller I have rig.) Having the best of all the generations to me is great.

If I had the time, a PS1, 2, 3 and 4 would be cool. However, I do not have the time for that and also do competitive distance running as well. Oh, the 360 is the slim model with a 250GB hard drive. Gaming options are great to have and games are cheap even on the 360.

Not sure what games you have played but here are the games I really liked on the 360 that aren't on the PC.

Gears of War series
Halo series
Red Dead Remption
GTA 5

The games I liked on the 360 that are also on the PC.

Assassin's Creed
Mass Effect
Batman
GTA 4
Skyrim
Fallout 3 and New Vegas
Transformers War for Cybertron and Fall of Cybertron
Sleeping Dogs

Cool, thanks. :) The GTA series does not interest me but, does the Halo series have a single player game in it? Also, I think I will do all the Gears of War series. I have all 3 of the Batman games on my PC but have not played them much. Would it be worth buying them used from Gamefly for the 360?

What is the Transformers games like please? Thanks. (Gamefly and Amazon have lots of used games.) Gamestop also has lots of used games but I do not want to buy anything just because.

Cool, thanks. :) The GTA series does not interest me but, does the Halo series have a single player game in it? Also, I think I will do all the Gears of War series. I have all 3 of the Batman games on my PC but have not played them much. Would it be worth buying them used from Gamefly for the 360?

What is the Transformers games like please? Thanks. (Gamefly and Amazon have lots of used games.) Gamestop also has lots of used games but I do not want to buy anything just because.

Yes Halo does have single player, its actually the only I play on Halo. For me Halo 4 is probably my favorite but 3 and Reach are still good. I personally couldn't get into ODST because for me playing Halo is about being Master Cheif. If you have batman on the PC there is no point on getting on the 360. They are the same game, with the PC being able to have better visuals.

Transformers is 3rd person shooter, like Gears of War.

Here's another vote for the recent Transformers games. I own them on PC and they are a blast.

Aside from recommending the endless train of AAA titles that aren't very different from each other, check out Dishwasher: Vampire Smile. It is a downloadable game, cheap, really original, and sweet baby Jesus is it over the top.

Definitely one of my favorite 360 games. Never played anything like it.

I am selling mine off, just realized that I have only played 20 hours on it. Not worth sitting here to collect dust.

Here's another vote for the recent Transformers games. I own them on PC and they are a blast.

Looks like I am going to purchased Transformers: War for Cybertron. However, I am considering going the digital download method since the cost is the same as used. ($19.99) What do you guys think? I just want the digital download so I do not have to do the disk shuffle dance.

I am selling mine off, just realized that I have only played 20 hours on it. Not worth sitting here to collect dust.

That is what I did with mine about 2 and 1/2 years ago. However, I am having renewed interest and with my Sony 50 inch TV, it should be fun. :D

Well, $4.99 for Halo 3. :) If I enjoy that, I am going to get Halo 1 and 2.

If you get halo 1 get combat evolved anniversary edition. If you have never played halo 1 its the best way to play it.

Yes I agree and theres rumor that a Halo 2 combat anniversary will be comming out later this year on the xbox one.

If you haven't played through the Mass Effect series then stop what you're doing and start there.

If you haven't played through the Mass Effect series then stop what you're doing and start there.

I can't, I am working. :D I have the Mass Effect 1 and 2 on my computer though, I just never got around to playing them much yet.

I can't, I am working. :D I have the Mass Effect 1 and 2 on my computer though, I just never got around to playing them much yet.
Mass Effect plays so much better on PC. Not knocking the console versions, just my opinion after playing the series on PS3, 360, and PC ;). I did enjoy multiplayer in ME3 the most on Xbox 360, though. Playing with randoms on PC was sometimes rough in comparison :p.

Mass Effect plays so much better on PC. Not knocking the console versions, just my opinion after playing the series on PS3, 360, and PC ;). I did enjoy multiplayer in ME3 the most on Xbox 360, though. Playing with randoms on PC was sometimes rough in comparison :p.

I haven't played ME2 or 3 on PC but ME1 plays like shit compared to 360. Seemed like they didn't even try with the port. So ME2 is quite a bit better?

I haven't played ME2 or 3 on PC but ME1 plays like shit compared to 360. Seemed like they didn't even try with the port. So ME2 is quite a bit better?

Not sure what you're talking about, ME1 is fine on PC. The combat in general is just a bit "clunky"(I liked it, although ME2 and ME3 were better. Although I still preferred the inventory in ME1, more complex and fun IMO).

ME2 has much better combat, so I would say yes. The games are overall fun as long as you don't think too deeply into the story. I enjoyed the story, but I also didn't really look for plot holes.

Anyways, I would definitely suggest GTA V and Red Dead Redemption. Also, if you like wrestling games, those are pretty fun on the Xbox 360.

Well, I receive my 360 today. I think I will start with the Gears of War 2 and go from there. GTA does not interest me but, what is Red Dead all about?

Well, I receive my 360 today. I think I will start with the Gears of War 2 and go from there. GTA does not interest me but, what is Red Dead all about?

Red Dead is GTA in the wild west. Im not a really a fan of the west, but I absolutely loved this game. If you're not a fan of GTA I don't know if this would be a game you would like.

Well, I just bought Max Payne 3 for 4.99 and Midnight Club LA Edition for 3.74. :D I knew the theory that console gamers buy their games for $60 was a bunch of........

Last edited:
Red Dead Redemption is a great game, similar style to gta but not really the same, so much fun and you can get hours and hours out of it.

Halo Reach I really enjoyed more than the other Halo's.

AssCreed Brotherhood was fun as well.

I'll always prefer console gaming over PC gaming. The level of relaxation and true 'fun' you obtain from a console is way better than on a PC.

I'll always prefer console gaming over PC gaming. The level of relaxation and true 'fun' you obtain from a console is way better than on a PC.
  1. Plug a controller into PC
  2. Launch a game
  3. Sit back in couch/recliner/bed
  4. ???
  5. Profit
I even lie down in bed when playing with keyboard+mouse. Only time I sit up in a chair is when I use my steering wheel. No reason to feel like you're at work when playing a game.

1. Plug a controller into PC
  2. Launch a game
  3. Sit back in couch/recliner/bed
  4. ???
  5. Profit
I even lie down in bed when playing with keyboard+mouse. Only time I sit up in a chair is when I use my steering wheel. No reason to feel like you're at work when playing a game.

I happen to agree with the level of relaxation console can offer over a PC. You do not agree, fine, but please do not make my thread into a BS PC vs console thread.

I happen to agree with the level of relaxation console can offer over a PC. You do not agree, fine, but please do not make my thread into a BS PC vs console thread.

Actually Clemo did, but since you agree with him, you ignored it and attacked someone else.

Well, I also picked up an extended 2 year warranty cheap on my 360 just in case. On my PC hardware, I build it and can replace parts when I need to. On the consoles, it is cheaper and easier just to have the warranty and piece of mind. (This is the only extended warranty I would say is worth it, most are not worth the paper they are written on.

Red Dead Redemption, I know people who hate GTA but still love this game. It's worth a try.

Shadow Complex, a great Metroidvania game on the marketplace.

Deadly Premonition, not everyone's cup of coffee but if you like quirky games you my love this. It’s as close to “Twin Peaks” the game we’ll ever see.

Not trying to pit PC vs. console. I am simply pointing out that the amount of relaxation to be had can be the same on both PC and console, since the person I was quoting was making generalizations.
Now if he had said,
The level of relaxation and true "fun" I experience while playing on a console is far better than when on a PC.
...then I would not have taken issue (grammar and sentence structure included :p).

Red Dead Redemption
Viva Pinata(s)
Shadow Complex
Bayonetta
Vanquish
Castle Crashers
Halo series
Forza series
Fable 2
Tales of Vesperia
Lost Odyssey

I love running competitively but that takes a lot of time. Gaming takes time as well but I do not have the time I once did to do it. Oh well, my 360 will be around for a while and once I finish the main quest of Oblivion on it, I am going to play Gears of War 2 fully through.

All the suggestions are great, thanks. :D

Back