My wireless keep dropping signals...

Phazedplasma

Limp Gawd
I have the linksys WRT54G, and my lapbot is sitting 5 feet away from it. I keep losing connections :(

Firmware Version: v3.03.1

I have WPA setup with the PSK using TKIP and i'm filtering by my lapbots mac.

Its getting real annoying

Got a cordless phone / baby monitor / wireless audio or video repeater in the house? They're all 2.4Ghz and will walk all over router signals (except for .11A).

o sorry i'm losing the connection, my AIM just cuts out and the red x comes over my wireless icon in my tray, then it'll reconnect

make sure ur hardwired to the router then. open up IE or Firefox, type 192.168.1.1 in the address bar and login into ur router. Now click the administration tab and look for the words firmware upgrade towards the menu bar (HORIZONTAL). Then its pretty self explanatory.

I had the same problem a while back.. I disabled IEEE 802.1x authentication on the wireless cards "authentication" tab. Now it stays connected instead of dropping and reconnecting all the time. If your 5 feet away.. you should have a great connection.. it's something else. Have you tried without WPA?

did you try disabling authentication? Start turning off all your options in the router first. basic troubleshooting. disable wpa, disable mac filtering, etc. then turn one on at a time until it disconnects you. but try and disable authentication first... I am telling you the same thing happened to me before.. it would stay connected for a while... then disconnect all of a sudden.. then try and reconnect...

Back