My thoughts on 21:9 For PC usage.

suiken_2mieu

2[H]4U
Well for the last 2 days, I've setup a temporary setup of a 30 " and 20" in LP configuration.

Total Resolution: 3760*1600

That happens to be very close to 21:9 Aspect Ratio

3760:1600 = 2.35 (Roughly 21 : 8.92)
21 : 9 = 2.33~

At basically 50" it is huge sitting on the desk, but i makes for basically 3 monitors. I used hydragrid to help with pc work. I works nicely, I only really miss having a monitor dedicated to music, which i could if i didn't have 2 browser windows up at all times. For gaming though, it's fantastic.

I've played Halo 2 and UT2004 (the only games I have installed right now I can really configure for this) and it wide enough for just enough extra FOV but still really crisp. I can see having monitors in this aspect ratio as long as there is enough vertical resolution. It's good for both work and play imho opinion. It's also good for movies.

Are you gaming and watching movies spanning both monitors, with an off-center divide, or gaming on one with an aux monitor for other stuff?

I'm gaming over both with a nice Bezel off center.
[_1_][2]
Looks like that.

My brain ignores the bezel just like it does with my other setup.

Movie are another issue, Because of M$ and the stupid way they handle monitors, movies get cut when they cross to the other monitors.

Back