My take of Ghostbusters for PC

Kangg

Ad Blocker - Banned
Picked it up after work tonight and installed it without issue, tested it to make sure it worked, then tweaked settings......

All I have to say, at least for me this is an Excellent, FUN and gorgeous game. The voice acting is pretty damn good. Dan Akroyd, Bill Murray, Harold Ramis, Ernie Hudson, Annie Potts, what sounds like Doyle Murray ( Bill's brother in real life) and the creepy guy from the movie that caused em problems (can't remember his name) all lent their voice talents to the game.

So far I've only made it through the first two "levels". The special effects are kick ass, and I have found myself laughing out loud because it is genuinely funny like the movies were. The music and sound are also good. It actually kinda plays like a movie with how the story progresses. It's nothing ground breaking, it's not the best game ever made, but.....

This game is the most fun I have had in a game in a LONG, LONG time. :D
It's just a fun, excellent game and worth every penny in my opinion.

I give it a BIG 2 thumbs up !!!!!!

The specular aliasing is distracting to me, and the fact that regular AA doesn't work either. Other than that, it is fun, but honestly I think the voice acting could have been better.

What kind of video options are available in the settings? Im hoping theres some detail level settings for models and textures.

Also do you know what kind of file system it uses for the game files or are they easy to access? Some of the sounds could do with a bit of a boost in volume if the 360 versions anything to go by.

What kind of video options are available in the settings? Im hoping theres some detail level settings for models and textures.

Also do you know what kind of file system it uses for the game files or are they easy to access? Some of the sounds could do with a bit of a boost in volume if the 360 versions anything to go by.

gboptions.jpg

That's it.

The voice acting was not movie quality, but better than most PC games.
I also thought they did a pretty damn good job of making the characters look like their real life counterparts.

The video options are

Brightness
Texture Detail On or Off
Shadow Detail On or Off
Soft Particles On or Off
Persistent Debris On or Off
Shadow Maps On or Off
Mirror Detail High or Low
Book Detail High or Low
Lock Display at 30 HZ refresh
Lock Display at 60 HZ Refresh

That's it plus volume on sound effects, voice and music.
I did go into my nVidia control panel and cranked up all the settings and the game is smooth and did look better than it did without tweaking.

I just think it's a fun, enjoyable game.

Just got it as well, and share the same opinion.

Sucks multi-player isn't in the PC version, but as a single player game it's worth the $29.99.

The specular aliasing is distracting to me, and the fact that regular AA doesn't work either. Other than that, it is fun, but honestly I think the voice acting could have been better.

I caved and ended up buying the retail. what the OP said pretty much describes the game. its really fun. There is AA options in the settings.ini file. You can change them from 1 to whatever. 2 looks pretty good but takes a hit on my system at least.

antiAliasMultipleX=1
antiAliasMultipleY=1

is the line.

I caved and ended up buying the retail. what the OP said pretty much describes the game. its really fun. There is AA options in the settings.ini file. You can change them from 1 to whatever. 2 looks pretty good but takes a hit on my system at least.

antiAliasMultipleX=1
antiAliasMultipleY=1

is the line.

Thanks, it works:

gb_aa.png

Setting both options to 2 looks like 2X MSAA. I'll experiment further..

---------------

OK, I could have sworn they already killed him, but it is fun to see the big guy:

staypuft.jpg

Last edited:
damn.. I knew there was something else I was supposed to get at Fry's today. me = faiL

does it do 5.1/surround? or just generic directsound/openal? cause I know the game has great audio sfx, it would be a waste for them not to have surround.

does it do 5.1/surround? or just generic directsound/openal? cause I know the game has great audio sfx, it would be a waste for them not to have surround.

I don't know. I don't have surround speakers on my PC.

aliasing looks terrible

Yeah, the game needs AA. I had it disabled for a check I was doing, just didn't re-enable it.

Loved the original movie, but why do I not have any interest in this game? Sounds like maybe they did it right, though...

Any other 80s comedies being turned into games? I wouldn't mind playing as Axel Foley or Martin Riggs.

Even Goonies might be cool. But by now that's only going to happen if they do another movie. Which would only work if they're going to be doing it based on the Goonies' kids, or even grandkids...

antiAliasMultipleX=1
antiAliasMultipleY=1

is the line.

Okay, I must be blind because I'll be damned if I can find a system .ini anywhere on my machine for Ghostbusters. where is it hiding ?

Okay, I must be blind because I'll be damned if I can find a system .ini anywhere on my machine for Ghostbusters. where is it hiding ?

Maybe because you should be looking for a settings.ini not system.ini? *according to the user you quoted*

So what was the story I was seeing some of you have in another thread with install issues and such? Was that the DRM having fits on your or what?

damn this looks good... I was wondering if I should get the PC or Wii version... the Wii has awesome controls but the PC version looks way nicer @ hires.. I'll prolly end up getting the PC version..

So, just to make it official: is it good (MP brouhaha aside)? I'm all set to give Steam my money here...

I am having a good time with the game, sometimes the mouse turning seems a bit wonky, but I may just need to tweak my sensitivity settings.

The game looks good enough that it isn't a big deal to me, and the music/voice/effect are really pretty good.

So far just playing through the first section I feel like I am getting enough for what I payed.

I still wish it were first person...and had multiplayer. After Left 4 Dead couldn't ATARI have had the imagination to make some really compelling multiplayer or co-op trying to survive ghosts or zombies or some sort of slime attack? I could imagine 32 players working together to fight off Stay Puft or something.

Loved the original movie, but why do I not have any interest in this game? Sounds like maybe they did it right, though...

Any other 80s comedies being turned into games? I wouldn't mind playing as Axel Foley or Martin Riggs.

Even Goonies might be cool. But by now that's only going to happen if they do another movie. Which would only work if they're going to be doing it based on the Goonies' kids, or even grandkids...

Only if there is a Truffle Shuffle emote

BTW, ghostbusters fans, the blu-ray is out as of yesterday and here's a coupon code for $5 off at amazon.

SONYPIC5

worked for me yesterday but ymmv.

I picked it up and am enjoying the story line. I'm mostly happy to see the story and familiars more so than any high expectations of the fun of busting ghosts. That being said its pretty satisfying blasting things with a particle accelerator.

Any one figure out how to remap buttons? i want my right click to walk forward etc...

For the content and voice acting from the original people who played ghostbusters in the movies as well as a good storyline. This game was well worth the $30 I paid for it even though it didn't have multiplayer. Bringing back the childhood memories of ghostbusters was more than enough reason to buy the game. I love Dr. Velkman's witty remarks, just like the good old times.

How are you playing it on a PC...with a keyboard and mouse, or a gamepad, such as the 360 controller? My wife and I rented it last night for our 360, and I've enjoyed it quite a bit, aside from the fact I'm not very good at aiming with a gamepad.

How are you playing it on a PC...with a keyboard and mouse, or a gamepad, such as the 360 controller? My wife and I rented it last night for our 360, and I've enjoyed it quite a bit, aside from the fact I'm not very good at aiming with a gamepad.

It takes a little getting use to with the mouse and keyboard, the controls are like FPS games but you see your character in the 3rd person. Controls are kinda like that old game that no one liked called Oni.

I am having a good time with the game, sometimes the mouse turning seems a bit wonky, but I may just need to tweak my sensitivity settings.

I'm getting the same thing. It feels like a weird kind of dead zone when you move slowly, and then bam, you're reticule jumps half way across the screen if you go a little faster. it's like some sort of mouse acceleration. It's actually worse moving vertically than horizontally. I'll have to see what I can tweak as well.

Other than that, it runs pretty awesome on the rig and it's damn fun too. Totally worth the purchase. Steam really got me yesterday, i grabbed this and the Oblivion pack.

I'm getting the same thing. It feels like a weird kind of dead zone when you move slowly, and then bam, you're reticule jumps half way across the screen if you go a little faster. it's like some sort of mouse acceleration. It's actually worse moving vertically than horizontally. I'll have to see what I can tweak as well.

Same problem here. I didn't try to fix it too much, just learning to deal with it, but it definately feels like some kind of mouse accel.

Anyoe know if its easy to access the game files, audio files etc?

Anyoe know if its easy to access the game files, audio files etc?

The content viles have a .POD extension, and the data header contains the following:

Code:
POD5§∟⌡╟

That's about all I know.

I still wish it were first person...

It has no first-person mode?

If yes, that's an instant no sell for me, unfortunately...

Never could stand playing GoW that way, and I'm not about to get used to it now...

It has no first-person mode?

If yes, that's an instant no sell for me, unfortunately...

Never could stand playing GoW that way, and I'm not about to get used to it now...

what a dumb reason.

Back