My switch from scrypt to X11

mkrohn

2[H]4U
With no tweaking at all The 12.4Mh of scrypt that I have moved over so far is giving me 33.4Mh of X11

The temperature of the room has dropped a solid 10 degrees and with that every single rig is running significantly cooler. Average of about 7C per card. I haven't gone through with a killawatt yet but just looking at the heat numbers it should be a pretty big difference.

Any suggestions for tweaking or is it just a simple plug in and go? I wrote down all of my scrypt settings and have changed over to pimp so I'll be able to jump back over to scrypt easily if I felt the need to.

Income is down slightly from scrypt but profits should be slightly better anyway with massive drops in power and the summer beginning to kick in.

I don't think it matters too much, but I've been using the same card settings as I was with scrypt. I'm getting 1.4mhs on each of my 270s, 1mhs on the 6870, and about 600khs on the HD7770. Mining Darkcoin for now.

The two office systems are pulling about 500W combined now according to my Brand 4-1850, down from 600W. That's with one 270X, the 6870, and the 7770 over two rigs. One's powered by an 80 Plus Gold PSU, the other is running Titanium.

And yeah - temps are way down now.

i need to do this in the coming off days of mine - i love LTC but difficulty is set to hit 8000 here next week it looks like.

I remember back in teh day I could mine 2K LTC per month on a single pair of 6970s.... god why did I keep mining BTC for that last bit of small insta-profit.

would love a time machine -- take my 8Mhash of scrypt back in time and be the LTC whale :)

i need to do this in the coming off days of mine - i love LTC but difficulty is set to hit 8000 here next week it looks like.

I remember back in teh day I could mine 2K LTC per month on a single pair of 6970s.... god why did I keep mining BTC for that last bit of small insta-profit.

would love a time machine -- take my 8Mhash of scrypt back in time and be the LTC whale :)

yeah before I took some down I was a good 16Mh of scrypt. I kept blowing my power budget on more cards. I put myself on a budget plan with the power company where I only had to pay $150/mnth and now I have a $2200 bill so I've downsized a little raising funds for the power bill. I have it covered now but it was an oh shit moment for sure. Its nice seeing mining STILL being profitable

I don't think it matters too much, but I've been using the same card settings as I was with scrypt. I'm getting 1.4mhs on each of my 270s, 1mhs on the 6870, and about 600khs on the HD7770. Mining Darkcoin for now.

The two office systems are pulling about 500W combined now according to my Brand 4-1850, down from 600W. That's with one 270X, the 6870, and the 7770 over two rigs. One's powered by an 80 Plus Gold PSU, the other is running Titanium.

And yeah - temps are way down now.

Darkcoin won't last. It was massively insta-mined by the developer.

It's right in the block chain: http://explorer.darkcoin.io/chain/DarkCoin?hi=19&count=20

THE FACTS ABOUT DARK COIN

1. Released without windows QT so that only dev and pals could mine it.
  2. Instamined harder than any other coin out there 12.5% of the current minting was mined in the first day
  3. Later they decided to cut the minting by 75% to turn their 12.5% instamine with no windows QT into 50% instamine in 24hours - nice hey

Yes that is correct they mined 50% of all the coins available at this time by themselves in the first 24 hours whilst the huge majority users could not mine. Those are the facts.... doesn't matter what else the devs say... nothing can change what they have done.

It's right in the block chain: http://explorer.darkcoin.io/chain/DarkCoin?hi=19&count=20

THE FACTS ABOUT DARK COIN

1. Released without windows QT so that only dev and pals could mine it.
  2. Instamined harder than any other coin out there 12.5% of the current minting was mined in the first day
  3. Later they decided to cut the minting by 75% to turn their 12.5% instamine with no windows QT into 50% instamine in 24hours - nice hey

Yes that is correct they mined 50% of all the coins available at this time by themselves in the first 24 hours whilst the huge majority users could not mine. Those are the facts.... doesn't matter what else the devs say... nothing can change what they have done.

Wow. Thanks for posting that. Any suggestions on other X11 coins? It's getting harder and harder to find "good" developers.

[*]Released without windows QT so that only dev and pals could mine it.

You had some valid points but this part I quoted is absolutely stupid. Only the dumb people NEED a windows QT. I got in just fine and so did anybody with basic Linux experience so I don't agree with THAT point. The rest are valid and yes its a scam coin that I'm not backing.

I'm looking into badgercoin right now but don't have any educated info

That's ok - my long term plans don't really include it. It's just my x11 fine tuning coin. Only been working on x11 since Friday.

You had some valid points but this part I quoted is absolutely stupid. Only the dumb people NEED a windows QT. I got in just fine and so did anybody with basic Linux experience so I don't agree with THAT point. The rest are valid and yes its a scam coin that I'm not backing.

I found the thread on BitcoinTalk about dark where that post was copy pasted from. Now .. I'm not so sure. Both sides have valid points.

I'd hardly call DRK a scamcoin. Yes, the instamine sucks, but what are you going to do. At least it has an active dev actually contributing something to the crypto community in terms of features in an area not readily offered.

I copied the info from bitcointalk (the list and below).

I realize that it's easy enough to setup a VM and host your own linux QT (for people in this subforum), but it's a valid point. A coins launch should be to as many people as possible, not just to a handful of techies that can setup a VM and compile the code.

Also, calling people dumb because they don't know how to compile a linux QT wallet is pretty damn extreme. I might as well call anyone that can't perform a coronary with a Saphenous vein graft a stupid moron, right? What loser can't do that?!?

I realize that it's easy enough to setup a VM and host your own linux QT (for people in this subforum), but it's a valid point. A coins launch should be to as many people as possible, not just to a handful of techies that can setup a VM and compile the code.

Also, calling people dumb because they don't know how to compile a linux QT wallet is pretty damn extreme. I might as well call anyone that can't perform a coronary with a Saphenous vein graft a stupid moron, right? What loser can't do that?!?

Whether you have a VM setup or an actual linux box, compiling a wallet is two commands assuming you have the dependencies.

Whether you have a VM setup or an actual linux box, compiling a wallet is two commands assuming you have the dependencies.

Missed-the-point.jpg

It is a simple copy/paste from a simple google query with a simple change of filename being the only thinking required. If people are too lazy to be able to do that then they're pretty hopeless and don't belong in the high tech world of crypto MINING! Like it or not mining IS cutting edge technology and if you're incapable of something so basic like compiling and a few google queries you're in the wrong field.

heart surgery is a skill that takes more than a decade to acquire and the steadiest hands on the planet that not everybody has. People can acquire the compiling skill in 5 minutes.

What do you guys think the best x11 coins are to mine?

its a cointoss right now. I'm on badger right now but its only when my rigs aren't rented on betarigs. A guy renting my machines tipped me on that coin. The interest rate is interesting and its running out of time to mine so i thought I'd acquire some.

best bet right now though is just watching for X11 coin announcements and trying to hop in early and crossing your fingers.

its a cointoss right now. I'm on badger right now but its only when my rigs aren't rented on betarigs. A guy renting my machines tipped me on that coin. The interest rate is interesting and its running out of time to mine so i thought I'd acquire some.

best bet right now though is just watching for X11 coin announcements and trying to hop in early and crossing your fingers.

So are you actually making a profit gpu mining x11? I'm still debating getting into mining and I pay 10cents kwh. I'm guessing the value of x11 will go up once all the gpu miners switch over from scrypt.

Yeah. I have been considering it and I added it up I still make more on scrypt right now. Probably once the big ASICs hit scrypt, it will move more people over. I will welcome the less power costs and less heat for sure :)

I still don't really see the benefit that x11 has over scrypt, it seems to only benefit the gpu miners.
Users of a cryptocurrency don't really care how it's mined, as long as it's usable.

If you're worried about your gpus being left in the dust due to scrypt asics, why not put them to use on boinc and get rewarded using gridcoin?

I still don't really see the benefit that x11 has over scrypt, it seems to only benefit the gpu miners.
Users of a cryptocurrency don't really care how it's mined, as long as it's usable.

If you're worried about your gpus being left in the dust due to scrypt asics, why not put them to use on boinc and get rewarded using gridcoin?

Users of crypto SHOULD care... while ASICs stabilize the network in terms of security, it also tends to centralize it.

If you guys need an X11 pool, rejectmining.com has a steady stream of Hiro being found all day every day.

From my current calculations my "income" is down about 20% vs what I would be making on scrypt by comparing just betarigs numbers for "market rate" for hashes.

Income being only down 20% while "expense" is well under half since power is the only "expense" in my book. Technically another expense is the expected lifetime of the parts which is much improved. With the weather warming up expenses compound based on heat. Overall the 20% reduction in income could still be a massive boost to profitability. If I get extremely luck the income gap will be narrowed based on coin holdings but lets not get into that since its extremely luck based.

My overall profit should have just gone up about 30% without factoring in cooling savings and the way more debatable things.

I am still confused which x11 pool and coin you guys are mining. I will be switching over soon as our daily temperatures will from 90F to over 100F.

Users of crypto SHOULD care... while ASICs stabilize the network in terms of security, it also tends to centralize it.
So do pools, there should be a massive coordinated attempt to move towards p2pool instead of these massive pools that threaten the decentralized nature of cryptocurrencies.

Which miner (Windows) are you guys using for X11? Figure might as well swap from scrypt BC mining to X11. Using sgminer kalroth atm which I don't think supports x11.

If you guys need an X11 pool, rejectmining.com has a steady stream of Hiro being found all day every day.

How is Hiro, is it established with a good developer? The name came up in those scam coin threads, some accused it indirectly of being a scam as well.

Obviously, you've got to do your due diligence on this type of info as people try to manipulate the markets / spread rumors.

I'm still on badger between rentals of my boxes. I'm interested in seeing how the proof of stake on it pans out.

How is Hiro, is it established with a good developer? The name came up in those scam coin threads, some accused it indirectly of being a scam as well.

Obviously, you've got to do your due diligence on this type of info as people try to manipulate the markets / spread rumors.

Hiro is one of the few x11 coins that doesn't go to POS. That's the only reason why we're mining it.

We've added Logicoin. It seems to have better profits currently.

I just made the switch over the X11, didn't take more than an hour to get my four rigs up and running smoothly and I saw a huge power savings and reduction in temp. I'm quite pleased. I haven't taken the killawatt meter out yet to test all of them but two of them dropped by 300 watts and 200 watts :)

We're mining x11 coin on rejectmining.com now. It's a brand new coin, get in while diff is low!

I'm pushing 2.4MH/s with my overclocked 290, mining on rejectmining.com for X11coin. Now, how do I convert this into money?

I'm pushing 2.4MH/s with my overclocked 290, mining on rejectmining.com for X11coin. Now, how do I convert this into money?

gotta get it over to BTC then your favorite exchange like coinbase or wherever. or if you don't need the CASH I use gyft for buying amazon cards mostly

And how would I get it over to BTC? Are there exchanges for XC?

XC is VERY much a speculation coin. From what I can see, there aren't currently any exchanges and there is VERY little support for it. If you're looking to mine and cash out, XC is about the last coin you want to be mining.

Back