MY sony 19" 12 ms

where did you order from ?

i think i'll get this one : Sony SDM-HS94PB Black

but i also can't find it ,they told me it will be available week 41, that is about 6-7 of October :(

I ordered the Sony SDM-HS94B Black from inwarehouse.

And why do you want Sony SDM-HS94PB Black when there is Sony`s with 16,7 in colors and with 170/170?

Is it becouse 400:1 and 400 nit (cd/m2) ?

400:1 is lover then the overall tft`s out there. But 400 nit thats good.

european version of SDM-HS94PB is also 16,7 colors and 170/170 .

it just has the new x-black panel + a metallic silver base .

Camridge said:
mentorxxx

Thats weird becouse if you look at pricerunner here they state that SDM-HS94PB only have 16,2 million colors and it is a 400:1/400 nit (cd/m2) screen. And 160/160

http://se.pricerunner.com/computing/peripherals/monitors/223431/details

yes i know ,but official european sony website says 16,77 and 170/170 ,check it ;)

however, official sony site also doesn't say anything about TCO certificates ....
so i think pricerunner has many errors on it's page or just used the US version
specs and not the european specs .

Camridge said:
I`am hoping for the best anyway :)

If i`am not happy with the screen i will send it back.

did you already order ?

if yes how many days did they tell you that you have to wait to get it ?
post some photos as soon as you get it for us :D

i hope to order mine next week ... IF they have availability ....

mentorxxx

Yes i did order the screen yesterday night.

I hope i will receive the screen under the next week.
--------------------------------------

Yes, i will take som pictures off the screen :)

nice :D

post photos and check the back of the monitor for certificates ... this way
we will also know if it's TCO'03 ;)

however, i think that i'll anyway buy it even if it's not TCO'03 :D

Got our $100 mail-in rebate back from Sony. Not bad time at all, 32-days after posting the form to them.

Peace
James

I am a LCD virgin at the moment. What is your take in image quality of LCD monitors vs a CRT monitors? Is it about the same or better in your opinion? When you toyed with your Sony LCD.

Hey Camridge, did you get the lcd yet? If so post some opinions, I'm concerned more with gaming then work related issues. Thanks!

hi there!

i want a good LCD panel, and i'm interested in these two:

sony hs74 [17", 16ms, 0.26mm, 1280*1024]
sony hs94 [19", 12ms, 0.29mm, 1280*1024]

wich one is better? my biggest doubt is that the 19" is only 1280 and 0.29mm!

can sony hs94 do 1600x1200?

unk said:
hi there!

i want a good LCD panel, and i'm interested in these two:

sony hs74 [17", 16ms, 0.26mm, 1280*1024]
sony hs94 [19", 12ms, 0.29mm, 1280*1024]

wich one is better? my biggest doubt is that the 19" is only 1280 and 0.29mm!

can sony hs94 do 1600x1200?

resolution and dot pitch are fine ,the only problem with those monitors are the
extra glare/reflectiveness that all x-black panels have ...

i saw both monitors in stores and they are like mirrors ,you see yourself in it
better than the picture displayed . However all people who got one of those say
with home "low lighting" they don't reflect so much . I think i'll buy the hs94pb soon.
I only wait to see how are they new monitors released by philips yesterday.

Wushuboy said:
hi all.. i just got this lcd but im not too sure on how to set it
what settings do you have for the following ?

User?
Phase?
Pitch?
Color?
Brightness?
Contrast?
Gamma?

Im seeing these horizontal lines going across the screen. Im guessing this is phasing but no matter what setting i set i still get it. It doesnt totally go away. Im not using a DVI cable right now cuz my vid card doesnt support it. If any of you can give a noob a hand it'd be much appreciated. thanks.

you should use DVI .

backlight : 30
contrast : 70
brightness : 50
color : 6500K
Gamma : 2
sharpness : 5

at the moment i use those settings ,could all of you post yours so that we can
compare our settings to find optimal ?

Viewing Angle V:H (degrees) 130/130 (C.R > 10) 160/160 (C.R. > 5)

I saw this specification for the Sony SDM-HS94P on the www.sony.co.uk site. Can someone explain what they mean by "C.R.>10" and "C.R.>5"?

I know these are specs., but how are the viewing angles in reality?

Nobody talks much about the viewing angles but if you are watching DVD's or playing games like Pro evolution soccer with 4 players you need good viewing angles.

if you want to play games then you need fast responce time ,
this monitor is the only 19" LCD with 12ms responce time, so
you have no options ,or you get this one or you get ghosting :)

simple as that.

the only alternative is a viewsonic that anyway is using the same panel .

Hallo!I have decided to buy this new sony LCD but I am confused for many things!
I leave in Greece FYI...
1.How many models there are available in Europe?Is SDM-HS94PB and SDM-HS94B a different model?
2.What is the angle?170 or 160?And Viewing Angle V:H (degrees) 130/130 (C.R > 10) 160/160 (C.R. > 5) what means?
3.Does it has TCO certification and if yes which year?
4.Is this the best 19 LCD in the market for gaming?
5.When did it launched for sale in Europe?
6.And lastly can you tell me which colour have you choosed cause I have seen and the black and the grey but I like them both.Does a blue version exist?
They sell it 825 euro.Is it very high?
I would like to thank you in advance and sorry if I tired you with my many questions!!!

balema278 said:
Hallo!I have decided to buy this new sony LCD but I am confused for many things!
I leave in Greece FYI...
1.How many models there are available in Europe?Is SDM-HS94PB and SDM-HS94B a different model?
2.What is the angle?170 or 160?And Viewing Angle V:H (degrees) 130/130 (C.R > 10) 160/160 (C.R. > 5) what means?
3.Does it has TCO certification and if yes which year?
4.Is this the best 19 LCD in the market for gaming?
5.When did it launched for sale in Europe?
6.And lastly can you tell me which colour have you choosed cause I have seen and the black and the grey but I like them both.Does a blue version exist?
They sell it 825 euro.Is it very high?
I would like to thank you in advance and sorry if I tired you with my many questions!!!

kai ego ellinas eimai alla meno Italia ;)

1. get SDM-HS94PB or SDM-HS94PS , stay AWAY from any other model
they are NOT 12ms !!!! ONLY the two model numbers i wrote above are 12ms
2. 170/170 for the european version (x-black),160/160 for US version (x-brite)
3. TCO 2003 (black model is 99' but it's identical ,just TCO doesn't give 2003 to any black monitor)
4.YES ,it is the best 19" LCD for gaming (there is also another one from viewsonic using
the same panel but it's hard to find in europe and also it's not as good looking as this one)
5. in US from july , in Europe 2 months ago but improved and with other model name
x-black instead of x-brite).
6.a blue also exist but it is NOT 12ms ,so STAY AWAY .

825 is a nice price for europe ,guys from US might tell you it's expensive but it's NOT
this is the price for europe. I got it DIRECTLY from Sony Gallery in Rome for 800 euro.
so 825 for a normal store is SUPERB price !!!! just make sure you get the right model
number and the european X-BLACK version !!!

mentorxxx said:
kai ego ellinas eimai alla meno Italia ;)

1. get SDM-HS94PB or SDM-HS94PS , stay AWAY from any other model
they are NOT 12ms !!!! ONLY the two model numbers i wrote above are 12ms
2. 170/170 for the european version (x-black),160/160 for US version (x-brite)
3. TCO 2003 (black model is 99' but it's identical ,just TCO doesn't give 2003 to any black monitor)
4.YES ,it is the best 19" LCD for gaming (there is also another one from viewsonic using
the same panel but it's hard to find in europe and also it's not as good looking as this one)
5. in US from july , in Europe 2 months ago but improved and with other model name
x-black instead of x-brite).
6.a blue also exist but it is NOT 12ms ,so STAY AWAY .

825 is a nice price for europe ,guys from US might tell you it's expensive but it's NOT
this is the price for europe. I got it DIRECTLY from Sony Gallery in Rome for 800 euro.
so 825 for a normal store is SUPERB price !!!! just make sure you get the right model
number and the european X-BLACK version !!!

mentorxxx THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
From what I will understand for sure that is european ?from the sticker that writes x-black?
And why in the uk site that it is in Europe it writes that it has 160 angle and not 170?
One more time thank you you were very helpful!!
kala tora to eida oti eisai ellinas!ego meno kallithea sthn athina!elpizo na pernas kala!re file einai o katallilos kairos na ti paro?exei paidikes asteneies?

balema278 said:
mentorxxx THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
From what I will understand for sure that is european ?from the sticker that writes x-black?
And why in the uk site that it is in Europe it writes that it has 160 angle and not 170?
One more time thank you you were very helpful!!
kala tora to eida oti eisai ellinas!ego meno kallithea sthn athina!elpizo na pernas kala!re file einai o katallilos kairos na ti paro?exei paidikes asteneies?

yes ,simple but true :) if it has a sticker on it saying x-black it has to be european.

The uk site might have the US version or they are just confused as all people are,
european x-black is 170/170 i have it in front of me :) also i see 170/170 in the
official European Sony catalog i got from Sony Gallery in Rome.

The monitor rulez :D get it .
Anyway you have no choise . There is no other 19" LCD with 12ms out at the moment
in europe (viewsonic model with the same panel is not available yet anyway).

So or you buy this or you buy a 16ms that will have ghosting in games etc (even if
it's minimal it is there, with this one there is NO ghosting in ANY game).

hi, i've read all posts and decided to buy one.

I'm from Russia, and here this monitor name is HS94P (X-Black LCD)
so, colors are great, but when screen is black it looks the lamps are shining in the edges of monitor. Is it normal?

where can i upload the pics to post them here??

I've seen the HS94P and there is no way it has 170/170 viewing angles. It doesn't have 160/160 either. Sony didn't make the viewing angles wider. Instead, they changed the way to measure it (contrast ratio drop 5:1 instead of usual 10:1). All those marketing tricks that manufacturers are doing to make their monitors look better than they are and thus misleading the customers make me sick.

Here are a couple of picture's of my Black Bezel HS94P I see a few people wanted to see what this one looks like in person so to speak.

hardmonitor.jpg

hardmonitor2.jpg

I found a way to pick up this monitor for 100$, so I will definatley be getting one. No more eyestrain from this CRT of mine! I can't wait :)

beaver_trx said:
hi, i've read all posts and decided to buy one.

I'm from Russia, and here this monitor name is HS94P (X-Black LCD)
so, colors are great, but when screen is black it looks the lamps are shining in the edges of monitor. Is it normal?

where can i upload the pics to post them here??

i've also noticed this.
when screen is totaly black the right and left edge are bright .also i see a little bright
in the top of the monitor. This is not an issue because the screen is not supposed
to be totaly black when using it . However it's strange .... and i was also wondering
if it's a problem with my panel ... but if you also have then it's ok :D

Look at this!!!! Is it normal???
Can you post your pictures of monitor with black screen, but make photo without flash, coz when light is fallin on panel there are no bright edges
IMG_2433.jpg

ascully said:
Here are a couple of picture's of my Black Bezel HS94P I see a few people wanted to see what this one looks like in person so to speak.

Where did you buy this black bezel Sony? Online or at a brick & mortar? Thanks for any info :) .

For those of you with this panel can you tilt the screen? From the pictures it looks like it's fixed at that one position.

I found a way to pick up this monitor for 100$, so I will definatley be getting one.

Please tell me how. I'm desperate to find a new monitor asap and for $100 even if it sucked in games i would keep it.

Compddd said:
What the hell are you talking about Roger
I'm talking about viewing angles on the HS94P. I see some people are confused about whether it's 170/170 or 160/160 so I just wanted to point out that in reality, it's neither so you shouldn't worry about the speficified number.

So does the black version has problems?

Because I went to the store to buy it and they told me they don't bring the black version cause it has problem.........please help me to decide which to buy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Compddd said:
I found a way to pick up this monitor for 100$, so I will definatley be getting one. No more eyestrain from this CRT of mine! I can't wait :)

Would you mind sharing your knowledge?

balema278 said:
So does the black version has problems?

Because I went to the store to buy it and they told me they don't bring the black version cause it has problem.........please help me to decide which to buy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No there are no problems , if you want to buy get ONLY :

1.SDM-HS94PB
or
2.SDM-HS94PS

all other models are 16ms ,those two are the only 12ms .

Back