My simple review of the Eizo FS2434

Sniper101

n00b
Hi all,

So after long contemplating i finally decided to purchase the Eizo FS2434 i was about to buy the Dell u2414h but seeing it has a 8ms i went with the Eizo which is 5ms and directed towards gamers.

The screen pretty much came "auto" calibrated (better then i expected) all i did was lowering the brightness since it was to bright for me and lowered it to 24 (from 100 to 24). I increased the colour a little bit and the result is stunning clear sharp and vivid colours blacks are truly black and all of the other colours are deep. If i want to read long articles or ebooks i can switch to a form of reading option which makes it easier on the eyes to read since it has this old yellow dark look.

Pictures, photos comes to live comming from a dell W2009 1680 x 1050 20inch this new screen was a major step up i love it!

Now for the gaming i only tested it with Mass Effect 3 multiplayer and all i can say is wauw such clarity and vividly colours and sharpness crispy image and i couldnt notice any ghosting while i do admit its not Battlefield 4 multiplayer (player vs player) i do sensed it was quicker more responsive then my old screen. Finally i played some Crysis 3 (single player) again no noticable ghosting or input lag for both games i enabled "overdrive" i did not test it with overdrive disabled.

I couldnt notice any flicker rate this was a major thing that i wanted due to my eyes, checked with my phone camera to record and there was no flicker at all i do think as stated by Eizo it uses an hybrid form of regulation ie above 20 points of brightness NO pwm is used below 20 it will use a extreme high pwm rate which is hardly noticable.

I had this screen today obviously time will tell if the screen is trully what i am looking for.
But first impressions are great....

I also like the thin bezel design and the overal look of the screen i find beautifull imo. I hooked it up to two pc's one with hdmi and the other with dvi the second hdmi will be reserved for the PS4 with the remote you can switch from hdmi 1 or 2 or dvi. I did not test the speaker but i believe the are cr@p but what counts is the audio out or headphone jacket since im using headphones all the time if used with a console.

I understand im not an expert regarding screens but i hope this simple review helps those who are looking for a sharp, vivid colour and gaming screen doing not only gaming but watching movies and browsing.

Is the inner bezel dark gray or black? Would you classify the coating as grainy or sparkly when looking at whites and bright colors? All of the other 23-24" matte IPS use grainy matte coatings. They Eizo should be slightly better than the U2414H, but they will be very similar pixel response time wise regardless of the specifications. Lastly, where did you buy it?

Last edited:
Is the inner bezel dark gray or black? Would you classify the coating as grainy or sparkly when looking at whites and bright colors? All of the other 23-24" matte IPS use grainy matte coatings. They Eizo should be slightly better than the U2414H, but they will be very similar pixel response time wise regardless of the specifications. Lastly, where did you buy it?

Il try to respond well inner bezel or the screen itself if you like is from what i understand matt just like my old Dell W2009 monitor there is no reflection or glass type...the outer thin bezel is matt black as with the entire casing with red. The second question about colours is hard to answer since i know there are countless of ways to look at whites and other colours depending on the type of screen used grainy or glossy but the way i see it the colours are vivid including the whites which are whiter then my old screen thats for sure. I couldnt notice any grainy or pixilated images when looking at it its smooth.

The shop i bought it is in Europe the Netherlands:

https://www.alternate.nl/EIZO/23-8-Monitor-FS2434-BK/html/product/1145944?tk=7&lk=12869

Its already available in numerous european sites as stated by eizo available in august.

I propably didnt answer your questions adequatly but i did my best specialy about grainy or matt or glossy type of screens all my screens i used are all matt with no reflections. And looking at the screen when off its dark dark grey.

Hope it helped.

Unfortunately another one of those monitors we'll never see in the States.

sounds like a very promising new ips monitor. very low input lag, low g2g, no pwm and not even the typical ips glow, according to posts on another board!

Ok a little bit more feedback.

So i played Mass Effect 3 multiplayer for 2 hours. Note here i used to play extensively on my older monitor the Dell W2009 (1680 x 1050) so im used to its latency ie input lag etc etc to make a comparison.

So after switching to the Eizo Foris FS2434 there was one rather big difference namely its response time which was 100% way quicker movement was more fluid ie changing angles pointing gun from left to right mouse movement as well as keyboard to all directions was simply faster with no ghosting or any lag i had to adjust to its quicker responce for some time this to me is a conformation that its a good screen for fps games granted ME3 is not a die hard fps game but i get the gist of it. A side note its a real pleasure watching the game now its like a whole new game for me such vivid deep colours and sharpness. Lastly im always going for headshots without scope ie the Crusader shotgun sniper weapon and had no problem as with a real sniper gun ie the Javelin all passed without a hickup.

sounds like a very promising new ips monitor. very low input lag, low g2g, no pwm and not even the typical ips glow, according to posts on another board!

It does uses pwm BUT extreme high frequency pwm but only below 20 points of brightness if im not mistaken its a hybrid (as stated by Eizo them selves) form of direct current ie above 20 points of brightness and below its extreme high frequency pwm thats not noticable but i wont take the chance so mine is at 21 points of brightness.

So yeah it doesnt use PWM above 20 brightness i believe since other eizo screens have the same attribute ie above 20 no pwm but it would be nice for an indepth review to actually confirm that whether at what point it does not use pwm. Eizo only stated "hybrid" meaning DC and PWM but at what level is unknown to me.

Can it overclock over 60hz? :)

Just 72hz and I would pretty much insta buy it.

Last edited:
EDIT: removed my questions as BenQ monitors seem like a better fit for my needs.

Last edited:
Back