My Senwhatever PC-150 = dead, whats a good replacement

socK

Supreme [H]ardness
I'll go upto 80$ and if its fucking awesome, i'll go higher. Im willing to get the same ones, but is there anything better, im on a shitty radio shack one now and its killing me, every half an hour I have to plunge my ears to get the blood out.

If you liked your 150's, go for a pair of 160's or the Speed Link Medusa's.

Newegg has some OEM refurbished HD555's for $120 and to my understanding are infinitely better than the 150's and 160's. You could also try HD 465, 212, 485 or 280, all for under $100, most under your $80 budget. I'm hearing good things about the Medusa's and they come with a microphone like the 150 and 160. They're around $100, but I think it would be worth it. The Medusa's are 5.1 surround sound headphones/headset. They have their own amp, but it's dissapointing when it comes to music, but gets the job done quite well in games from what I have read.

You can find the Medusa's on eBayfor $103:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8726792184&category=80183

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I don't get how all these people's PC150s are breaking... I've had mine like 1month after the PC150 came out and they're fine. Been dropped on the floor, and survived a car accident where we rolled twice and they flew off my head and into the back of the van. Not to mention it got all dirty...

Go with the PC160s.

mine have been great. had them for a year+. had an issue with the mic, got in touch with sennhieser, they sent out another pair asap, didnt ask for the other pair back.

you can get HD555 new for 100$ forget newegg, my little bro's got a USB Logitech Mic that's really good. High quality mic people can hear him clearly from across the room. Might get somthing like that and some regular phones like the 555's, ATH-500's.

I bought the icemat siberia's and they're splendid for games and music. Though, If I had the cash I would have gotten the Hd555's.

You might want to jump up to the next class of Senn product, the Orpheus. It's a bit more money, but you probably won't break them ;)

Back