My right or their right??

Disposed

Supreme [H]ardness
I have set my speakers up based on my right and left from sitting in front of them. This is the right way isnt it?

Just saw a pic of someones setup with the same speakers i have but reversed so now im doubting myself. :p

It's to you. They should be marked R/L to designate position. If the other person's are reversed, the audio channels might be as well.

That's actually a very interesting question, I never thought about it that way.

Side note / prank material - swapping audio channels via software is a very easy way to drive an FPS player mad. The jacks will look right, as well speaker positioning. If you flip forward/back on a 5.1/7.1 system and jumble the outputs, shenanigans ensue.

Can't you just do a speaker test and it will tell you which one is right and which is left?

Can't you just do a speaker test and it will tell you which one is right and which is left?

Thats not the question though. My right or the speakers right. Im pretty sure its mine just never really put much thought into it.

But how would you know if they are referring to right or left from a facing you perspective?

:p

Its a question never asked, but automaticallly assumed that speaker left and right is from a facing the speaker perspective

It's you're right and left. The speaker plugged into the right channel should be on the same side as your right hand, the speaker plugged into the left channel should be on the same side as your left hand.

Back