my refurbed 2490wuxi is set up

bbranigin

Weaksauce
It looks like new - no dead pixels and no noise as some have reported. It is absolutely gorgeous. I don't have a camera here but I will post pictures when I have it all back up to the dorm.

Black is black which was my critical criteria for the new monitor.

I didn't know the default monitor-stand could be pivoted - wish I didn't spent 120+30 shipping on my ergotron stand

you got it from techforless? What cable does it come with? More feedback please... I am looking to buy one from them....

Why does everyone feel the need to start a new thread (especially for the 2490) when they receive their new monitor? :confused::confused:

Why does everyone feel the need to start a new thread (especially for the 2490) when they receive their new monitor? :confused::confused:

because its probably the most exciting of upgrades other than maybe a completely new rig.

because its probably the most exciting of upgrades other than maybe a completely new rig.

Does it still warrant its own thread? Can't it be included with the 99 other NEC 2490 threads?

Does it still warrant its own thread? Can't it be included with the 99 other NEC 2490 threads?

according to the latest studies, all [H] members feel the need to start new threads. So no, they cant.

heheh
mine came with a vga cord and a power cord - and yes I got it from techforless

according to the latest studies, all [H] members feel the need to start new threads. So no, they cant.

Link, please. I'm now thinking about starting new threads every time I boot my computer or install new ram.

the internets is serious business!

Anyways - I'm renting a dslr from the library on Monday and will try my best to get some decent shots.

One little troublesome thing - my monitor isn't at the right angle in portrait mode. Anyone know how to adjust this?

the internets is serious business!

Anyways - I'm renting a dslr from the library on Monday and will try my best to get some decent shots.

One little troublesome thing - my monitor isn't at the right angle in portrait mode. Anyone know how to adjust this?
You can rent dslr cameras from ur library?

It looks like new - no dead pixels and no noise as some have reported. It is absolutely gorgeous. I don't have a camera here but I will post pictures when I have it all back up to the dorm.

Black is black which was my critical criteria for the new monitor.

I didn't know the default monitor-stand could be pivoted - wish I didn't spent 120+30 shipping on my ergotron stand

mine comes tuesday :)
it's also a refurb from techforless

don't hate

Just bought mine, 1 left now. Hopefully the input lag isn't too bad since I love Quake game and extremely fast FPS games. Of course I like other games too. :p Anyone know if I'd see a difference watching anime from my TN panel on the NEC Panel? HD anime of course.

Just bought mine, 1 left now. Hopefully the input lag isn't too bad since I love Quake game and extremely fast FPS games. Of course I like other games too. :p Anyone know if I'd see a difference watching anime from my TN panel on the NEC Panel? HD anime of course.

rofl, I tried playing Quake3 on my NEC 20wmgx2, gave up after about 15 minutes. Just doesn't work. Quake3 is much more fast paced than most other shooters like Day of Defeat or CS. A plasma is about the slowest thing you'd wanna use for that.

Been playing CS:S and haven't noticed any difference compared to my laptop's TN - granted I'm partially blind in both eyes :p

Got an update on your refurbished model bbranigin? Does the monitor look old or look like it's going to die in 3 months? Do all parts and features work correctly? (Stand, Callibrations, Polarizer, etc.) Do you notice a difference between this monitor and a TN panel as Snowdog may have stated they look quite similar? Lastly, do you think you can play Unreal Tournament and Instagib other players with fair ease with this monitor? I apologize for all the questions, I am awaiting mine.

Ordered mine on Friday and I'm very excited. This should be a nice complement to my 2007WFP and is probably the only other IPS LCD that would be what with the gamut game and all.

I'm also curious what condition these monitors are in when they arrive as I've heard very good things about NEC refurbished and their support in general. That's actually a big reason I didn't have a problem getting this refurb. Oh, that and the price. :D

And I second the need for pics. :p

I'm also curious what condition these monitors are in when they arrive as I've heard very good things about NEC refurbished and their support in general. That's actually a big reason I didn't have a problem getting this refurb. Oh, that and the price. :D

The condition varies but most have received them in good condition. NEC has good support from what I hear but these monitors only have 90-day warranty. A bit too little for a refurbished product if you ask me.

ordered mine too.... awaiting for the arrival.... techforless still has not ship mine out as of now.... pics please

Lol, it seems everyone raped techforless' supply of these. I saw over 60 in stock a couple weeks ago.

Anyway, I was seriously considering getting one, but no matter how good NEC's refurbs are, I just couldn't deal with such a short 90-day warranty, especially for something I'd be using for years.

Best of luck to everyone who got theirs - and let us know what you think of them. I'm still considering new versions of this, or the 2690v2/lp2475w.

You could buy up to a 5 year warranty, I don't know what the big deal is.

Correct, you could've bought additiional warranty, but it would not have been manufacturer warranty direct from NEC. While I've heard good things about NEC's warranty services, I've not heard anything about the third party techforless uses. That is the reason for my (and possibly others) issue with the 90-day warranty.

Sorry, bear with me as I am a university student trying to survive calculus :(

Pictures tomorrow

everything appears it good working order - I doubt anyone could see a difference between this refurb and a new one. My only issue has been that portrait mode doesn't stop at the proper angle.

I played a bit of minstagib and it was fine - but I'm partially blind in both eyes

someone said pics...I like them regardless of how many we make on the sub.

a question to those other couple of people who bought this from techforless - did you grab an extended warranty? I can still buy one but I'm not sure if the coverage is actually legit.

Yeah, I got a 2 year warranty. If it goes bad by then hopefully H-IPS monitors become a bit more polished and I'll just buy one of those.

mine just came
box is fucking huge
3x the size of my BenQ G2400
will set it up and take pics later today

hehe my box was massive - did yours come with the expanding insulation foam?

i'm picking up the camera when I go to work today and will post picks around 5:30PM pacific time

hehe my box was massive - did yours come with the expanding insulation foam?

i'm picking up the camera when I go to work today and will post picks around 5:30PM pacific time
haven't opened it yet, got a quiz in an hour, will be home after that

Back