My recent GPU experiences with AMD as a long time nVIDIA user...

I dumped nVidia back in 2009. Had been a Team Green since the turn of the century almost but at the time (2009) nVidia was going through a (as both Green and Red have) 'mid-range regurgitation' spree and just re-labelling cards from the previous gen.

So I went to a 5770 and been Team Red ever since. I might change back but it will be a few years from now.

I dumped nVidia back in 2009. Had been a Team Green since the turn of the century almost but at the time (2009) nVidia was going through a (as both Green and Red have) 'mid-range regurgitation' spree and just re-labelling cards from the previous gen.

So I went to a 5770 and been Team Red ever since. I might change back but it will be a few years from now.
I remember the constant regurgitations of G92, later the 55nm shrink - G92B for years... I stuck with a GeForce 8800 GT, later GTS 512 through all of that period. I didn't upgrade until GT200 hit, with a GTX 260 c216...

I bet you don't own currently an AMD GPU don't you? the adrenaline software is miles ahead of what nvidia currently offers and I do own both.
Not who you were asking but I have an RX470 (Flashed to a 570) in my son's PC and I hate the Adrenaline software. I prefer the Windows 95 era NV control panel by a mile . But then I still think the Office ribbon sucks ass...

The RX470 has been a great card. It had a few driver issues during it's early days but it's rock solid now. Hard to believe that I got it for like $125 brand new at BB soon after release and it's still chugging away doing just fine even at 1440p. I wish we'd see some more attempts at that sort of value.

I have been using nVidia since the late 90's and just picked up a XFX 6600 from Best Buy for $239 to replace my son's GTX780 (don't laugh). He is playing at 1080p and the reviews I read seemed to be very positive at that resolution. I am really looking forward to giving an AMD video card a shot for the first time.

I been given the Sapphire Pulse RX 6600 Lite a workout in World of Tanks at 4K High settings, Adrenaline driver keeps track of your games and tells me I am getting 92fps avg for WoT on the 5600x/b550/pcie 4/ Sam enabled at those settings. it's hooked up to a 43" Hisense TV and the AMD drivers work fine and I have 1440p and 1080p to use if needed.

Good for you OP. I understand completely. I'm done playing the tired ass GPU game as well. The last few years have dropped my opinion of ngreedia right into the toilet(to put it kindly). I recently bought a 6800xt, my first AMD card since a 1900xtx and I couldn't be more impressed. It's a sweet card and cost a fraction of what I had originally thought I was in for with a 3080ti. I can safely say I'm done chasing. Rather, I will simply wait until the end of the cycle to buy from here on out.
6800xt is a beast-highly recommend

Read this short article and note the very last paragraph:

https://pokde.net/system/pc/gpu/amd-radeon-rx-7900-110c

There's no 'solution' - except trying to rma your card.... it's a defect? AMD apparently rejects RMAs based on this complaint. Hmmmmm.....

If you must go with AMD - don't get a reference card - go with an AIB partner card - and pick a good cooler. I hope a youtuber like GN or de8auer dissemble one of those and check the cooler contact (plus testing to compare).

This is the work that I have been doing on my system and fixing my issues with recording a video using the built in Re Live and getting smooth playback, it's better to see how player sees it.

Windows 11 / 22 .11 .2 driver and RX 6600

AMD is in the process of recalling - what they call 'affected' MBA design cards (i.e. reference). GL to those who bought these - better check to see if you need to send your card in?

Back