My realization of how much a drug WoW actually is.

Jeeze, you guys make it sound as if its the source of all evil in the world. If you would rather hang in and play WoW, what does it say about your social situation? Maybe all you recovering WoWies have it all reversed and sticking to your lethargic, uninspiring real lives is the real dope ;)

I LOL'd at work!!:D Actually, the thing is that some may equate WoW with all that is unholy and evil in this world!:D And for some that is true, but for most it is just the realization of a "drug-like" addiction to the game that changes your prospective. As many others have said, moderation is key here. Just like theDreamer said, if you have taken an entry level pysch class you will understand that the body, and mind for that matter, can become addicted to non-substantive things. Sex is something that is not necessarily a "substantive" thing yet there are Sexaholics Anonymous groups. Just like there are stories of WoWer Anonymous groups out there in major cities, I believe that SF and Sac have some of the large groups. But that could all be rumor.

most people who still play wow are huge losers. You can tell they are huge losers because when you call them huge losers they get pist off and try to prove they aren't a loser which further proves that they are losers.

But like many others I like WOW not because it's fun to play but because it keeps losers off the streets and stuck in there room where they belong. Go shut up and cry to your guild members you wow addicts.

most people who still play wow are huge losers. You can tell they are huge losers because when you call them huge losers they get pist off and try to prove they aren't a loser which further proves that they are losers.

But like many others I like WOW not because it's fun to play but because it keeps losers off the streets and stuck in there room where they belong. Go shut up and cry to your guild members you wow addicts.

BUWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!! ***wipes eyes from crying from laughing so hard***:D

Why are the WoW addicts even taking a break to pretend their isn't a problem?

Shouldn't they be raiding by now and ignoring us?

Thank you for that. Insult and accuse and run (probably to a raid).

Where the fuck am i running to? This is the internet, i diddnt run anywhere.

Your interweb penis must be huge if you think i have to run away from someone on a message board.

I've never been addicted to any game.

I spent way too much time playing video games and got bad grades because of it in college, but that was just me being lazy.

The only addictions are chemical addictions, everything else is just an excuse for poor behavior.

Where the fuck am i running to? This is the internet, i diddnt run anywhere.

Your interweb penis must be huge if you think i have to run away from someone on a message board.

Try to use that intellect of yours and realize I wasn't being literal. You ran away from your post. All you're good for is invectives.

And by bringing up e-peen so readily, angrily, it seems it's an issue constantly on your mind. This could only lead one to assume yours is very tiny or very big. However, if it were very big, you wouldn't be such an angry individual.

Next time you feel like a needless flamethrower, why not back up your useless post by refuting what's been said? That is, instead of saying it's bullshit, tell us why.

This should probably be locked now because you have "tough" internet geeks who don't play wow trying to fight the internet geeks who play wow. If you are posting in this thread to call someone names and say their life sucks, then you are what you call them: a loser. If you weren't you wouldn't have read this thread, and decided to get all hot and bothered and post something about someone else you don't even know on the internet.

If a person deserves to be called a name, honestly, they deserve the right to wear the name.

Yes, both sides would be wrong, but that doesn't mean that the person who was called the name isn't the name.

If you play this so much, you are an addict.

HAHAH! You looser!

If a person deserves to be called a name, honestly, they deserve the right to wear the name.

Yes, both sides would be wrong, but that doesn't mean that the person who was called the name isn't the name.

If you play this so much, you are an addict.

This is why racism is still around, and I guess all stereotypes are true too? Intelligent thinking right there. :rolleyes:

I've never been addicted to any game.

I spent way too much time playing video games and got bad grades because of it in college, but that was just me being lazy.

The only addictions are chemical addictions, everything else is just an excuse for poor behavior.

If someone is doing something they want to stop, and is having a difficult time stopping, that can be called an addiction, it doesn't have to be chemical.

Dictionary.com first definition said:
the state of being enslaved to a habit or practice or to something that is psychologically or physically habit-forming, as narcotics, to such an extent that its cessation causes severe trauma.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/addiction

This is why racism is still around, and I guess all stereotypes are true too? Intelligent thinking right there. :rolleyes:

WOW... Comparing an addiction to racism I see..

People who are getting hate speech to do not deserve to be called the name.

If you do something that does deserve to be called a name, then you deserve to wear it.

If you sleep around alot, you deserve to be called a whore.

If your play this game more then 5 hours a day, you are an addict.

Further denials only make you look like an idiot.

I used to be addicted to a couple MMOs -- Ultima Online and Anarchy. I even used to play it at work, but I won't go into how long or how often :( Needless to say, it was bad.

After doing some research into *why* MMOs are so addicting, I've come to the conclusion that MMOs cater to a man's innate desire for two things: Personal Acheivement and Significance.

Some men attempt to satisfy the need for acheivement and significance through climbing the corporate ladder, others through buying fast cars, others through building things.

It sounds stupid, but it really boils down to Tom Hanks in the movie Cast Away -- "Look at me, I have created FIRE"

He overcame an obstacal through personal acheivement (personal acheivement through creating fire) and he wants to show everyone that he did this seemingly impossible task ("look at me.." satisifies his need for significance)

And well, if a woman is addicted to an MMO, then I don't know what the hell is wrong with her... :p

I used to be addicted to a couple MMOs -- Ultima Online and Anarchy. I even used to play it at work, but I won't go into how long or how often :( Needless to say, it was bad.

After doing some research into *why* MMOs are so addicting, I've come to the conclusion that MMOs cater to a man's innate desire for two things: Personal Acheivement and Significance.

Some men attempt to satisfy the need for acheivement and significance through climbing the corporate ladder, others through buying fast cars, others through building things.

It sounds stupid, but it really boils down to Tom Hanks in the movie Cast Away -- "Look at me, I have created FIRE"

He overcame an obstacal through personal acheivement (personal acheivement through creating fire) and he wants to show everyone that he did this seemingly impossible task ("look at me.." satisifies his need for significance)

And well, if a woman is addicted to an MMO, then I don't know what the hell is wrong with her... :p

Probably one of the best posts I have seen in this thread, constructive, intelligent.....Where can I send your cookie!!!!:D You definitely deserve one!

that quoted post raises a very good question....being that I am currently addicted to Second Life, and i am a woman.......but in Second Life, I am a CEO millionaire of a huge land firm, Queen of my own roleplaying sim (in game MMO), I have a husband in game, a side boyfriend in game that my husband knows about, and a kid on the way in game......

Yeah....I think I am compensating for something I am missing in real life......*sighs heavily*

that quoted post raises a very good question....being that I am currently addicted to Second Life, and i am a woman.......but in Second Life, I am a CEO millionaire of a huge land firm, Queen of my own roleplaying sim (in game MMO), I have a husband in game, a side boyfriend in game that my husband knows about, and a kid on the way in game......

Yeah....I think I am compensating for something I am missing in real life......*sighs heavily*

Sssshhhh...... don't say that to loud or you will have that same situation in real life only with geeks!!!:D

you sound like you need a girl mate.

Monthly WoW fee is cheaper, and provides hours more entertainment then 15 minute intervals AND doesn't go on 3 day PMS riots every month. You just need to deal with a few hours of down time on Tuesdays usually. :p

actually the husband and the boy toy get along great. i get to wear out the boy toy and the husband pays the bills.....why do I put up with real life having it that good in game?

... And now the thread is officially dead.

Watch everyone who agreed AND disagreed with WoW being an addiction start being nice about online games now that a woman is speaking.

Goodness knows, this is all men can think about, right? :\

oh dont get nice about it because of me. i admit i have an addiction and that is the first step to recovery. i shut myself in my house on the weekends eating cold pizza and warm sprite with about 20 hours of game play a day. the sun burns when i finally open my door monday morning to go to work.

i have friends all over the world that call me out of the game to check on me and stuff but as soon as i come home from work, in less than 15 minutes, i am in front of my computer in game, coding the combat system for my in game MMO, and doing whatever else I need to do.

If Second Life didn't send me a check every month to pay my real bills with, I doubt I would be this concerned with it. I have gotten used to the extra income for sure though.

... And now the thread is officially dead.

Watch everyone who agreed AND disagreed with WoW being an addiction start being nice about online games now that a woman is speaking.

Goodness knows, this is all men can think about, right? :\

Really dumb post. If the thread dies, it's your fault. I couldn't care less if there's a female roaming around. I'm sure there are a lot more than we think, especially since we use the male pronouns automatically. I have my own girl. Don't need to impress any in an online forum.

oh dont get nice about it because of me. i admit i have an addiction and that is the first step to recovery. i shut myself in my house on the weekends eating cold pizza and warm sprite with about 20 hours of game play a day. the sun burns when i finally open my door monday morning to go to work.

i have friends all over the world that call me out of the game to check on me and stuff but as soon as i come home from work, in less than 15 minutes, i am in front of my computer in game, coding the combat system for my in game MMO, and doing whatever else I need to do.

If Second Life didn't send me a check every month to pay my real bills with, I doubt I would be this concerned with it. I have gotten used to the extra income for sure though.

SecondLife pays you real Money? WTF?:confused:

I think you've plugged your stuff enough now.

You know, you do nothing but talk shit non-stop. You worry about other peoples "addictions" yet you yourself im sure spend hours upon hours lurking message boards.

Let he who is without sin cast the first stone, assmunch.

Wow, this thread is amazing. I can honestly say I don't play WOW and have no plans to do so.

What I would encourage each of you "addicts" to do is this:

1. Make a list of things you would like to in your real life.

2. Prioritize them

3. Start doing them.

I've slowed on the gaming considerably and starting taking Taekwondo and Aikido simultaneously. Always wanted to do the martial arts and hey, I'm doing it, I'm active and have dropped 43 lbs to boot (227 down to 182 this morning, I'm 5'10"). Blood pressure down from 140ish/85ish to 110/70. Definitely real benefits to getting out and doing things rather than spending so much time on the PC.

I want to spend more time with my family and friends and am so glad I do that. It is priceless time.

Do I still play? Sure, I play an occasional round of Red Alert or Madden with friends but no where near what I used to do.

Personally, I feel a lot better and am getting ALOT more sleep:)

Good luck

You know, you do nothing but talk shit non-stop. You worry about other peoples "addictions" yet you yourself im sure spend hours upon hours lurking message boards.

Let he who is without sin cast the first stone, assmunch.

Haha. I'm at work, by the way.

Do you ever have an actual post about the thread, or is it always throwing insults at people?

Haha. I'm at work, by the way.

Do you ever have an actual post about the thread, or is it always throwing insults at people?

More of the ladder. My piece has already been said, which you so pointedly interjected with some stupid shit.

Back