My Raven RV01 Build

audirs

Limp Gawd
Hey, thought id post some pics of my "build." not really a build right now, more of a swap over from my old stacker 832 to this new case. i will eventually be modding this Raven with custom paint, and a watercooling setup with new mobo/ram. i will be stuffing a 4x120 rad in the middle where the 2 180mm fans are right now. more on that when its time though. onto some pics

side by side comparison to the stacker

DSC01469.jpg

DSC01468.jpg

cable management was not that easy. it took some good time to get the cables right so they look nice. needed to be creative in order to get everything to look good. i will be sleeving all the power cables, and they will all be well hidden once im done. i will be using all black cabling as i did for my SATA cables, so it will be very hard to see any cables at all once im done. i will run the power for the video cards along the middle bracket that is removable with the 2 thumb screws. ill get some pics up once im done sleeving to show what i mean.

IMG_20101026_174829.jpg

IMG_20101026_174844.jpg

IMG_20101026_174947.jpg

IMG_20101026_174924.jpg

i had to under volt the s-flex G's in this case to 7v to make em quiet. they were not noticeable in the stacker as there was 7 fans in that thing (not including the 2 push/pull), but this raven is silent and the s-flex's got too loud. i used a 3 pin to molex adapter that came with my ap121 fans. they allow you to plug in the 3 pin into a 12v, 7v or 5v connector to under volt without the use of a fan controller

IMG_20101026_175003.jpg

IMG_20101026_175015.jpg

swapped out the stock 180mm fan under the video cards for an AP181. the 2 fans are identical, but the ap181 has that grill that makes that 1m vortex effect.

IMG_20101026_180938.jpg

IMG_20101026_183044.jpg

IMG_20101026_183119.jpg

here are all the fans i bought for the water cooling. wanted to test out this new AP series. 4 non LED ap121s, 5 red LED AP121s and a single AP181 that will sit directly infront of the PSU once the 4x120 rad goes in

DSC01450.jpg

DSC01451.jpg

DSC01455.jpg

DSC01457.jpg

DSC01459.jpg

thanks for looking, all comments welcome

ive developed a problem migrating to this new case, and was hoping someone could give me some insight.

my front panel audio was giving major feedback, as if the connector was faulty/not grounded properly. so i troubleshot that a bunch, moved it around so its not touching any power wires (i dont think its shielded) with little to no luck. i chalked it up as a front panel audio connector issue and said ill just use a USB sound card.

so i got a virtual 7.1 usb sound card, and tried plugging it into a usb port in the IO panel area on the mobo. to my surprise i am still getting this feedback/weak ground noise from the USB card. i then took the usb card, and plugged it into my keyboard (it has its own power connection to the wall.) when i plugged it into the keyboard, i am no longer getting any feedback through my sound.

sounds like the computer its self is not grounding properly? i was not having this issue in my old stacker 832 case, and only started to happen once i went to the rv01. ive also tried plugging the PC into a different socket incase it was a ground issue with the power bar i used, but no dice.

not sure whats going on :confused:

On my Phantom Case the front audio panel gave a small warning on the cables. Said if you can use Hdigital audio use this connector, or if its analog audio use this connector. Im using the on board audio on my Asus Rampage Formula III and told it to stay in Digital. Front audio panels work without a glitch. See if there something similar to your setup.

I know this is an old thread, but i'd like to add my experience here for future inquiry. I also found noise issues when using this case. I've especially found issues involving the front/top panel io ports and noise.

Also, much noises seen when using an x-fi io font port, which shares a io pin cluster grounds on my motherboard. I have read elsewhere that removing some of the front panel pins to the motherboard helps with a grounding issue for use of the x-fi drive. I abandoned use of my X-Fi Fatal1ty IO drive for this kind of noise problem.. A number of years back. Anyone happen to have any other experience with this?

Last edited:
Back