My Ratpadz is SHOT!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stang Man

2[H]4U
I've had this thing for a few months, and it's chewed up all my mouse feet. There's no grooves left barely, smooth, SLOW. it feels like i drag my mouse across the thing. It collects every little piece of dust and cakes up in the left over grooves.

plus, the logo is wearing.

is this how it's supposed to be?

Originally posted by Stang Man
is this how it's supposed to be?

Yep.

Ratpadz are terrible for this reason, they eat the shit out of your mouse feet. You're going to have to buy new feet :rolleyes:

I'v had my rapadz gs for quite a while now. My mouse feet are still in perfect condition. Maybe you press down to hard?

if you get new mouse feet put teflon tape on it, because it has been saving my feet on my MX700.

My GS destroyed my feet as well =(

I miss the old Ratpadz, but all the ones I have here got too smooth in the middle. The GS just doesnt have the same feel as the orginals.

So it looks like either the mice kill the pad or vice versa...

What feet are ya all using and where can i get some?

it's common knowledge the ratpad sucks ass and has no longevity.

then the fanboy in you just buys a new one after yours wears out in 3 months.

Originally posted by NIGHTMARE2
it's common knowledge the ratpad sucks ass and has no longevity.

then the fanboy in you just buys a new one after yours wears out in 3 months.

WTF are you talking about?
Ive got an origanal rat and a first production run GS the origanal still works perfect and the GS is still as good as new. I pledge both pads continously and i use teflon tape on the feet.
so what the hell are you talking about after 3 months?

My GS totally blows unless I clean it every day. It is totally worn out, and yes... I use teflon tape!

i boiught an icemat and it seems to stay pretty much how i like it, its glass.....

I had an original ratpadz, used it for a long while, then I got a Wacom Tablet and trackball so put the pad away. I just got a MS wirless mous though and pulled the ratpad back out. Still in good conidition, doesn't eat the padz off this mouse or my old one. The logo is wearing thing on it, but oh well.

I had one of the glass pads before the ratpad, the one with the mouse cord bungee thing. I liked that for a while, but always needed to be wiped down for dirt, the feet on the mouse would collect it real fast.

I put pledge on the ratpadz every few weeks, works like a charm.

I've had my ratpad for almost two years now and have not had a single problem with it or my mouse feet, so personally I have no clue what you all a crying about.

my GS has just flattened out grooves and slow for my mx700 (didnt eat up the feet)

using original ratpadz is 2x as old but not a slight indicition of it being smoothed out

i have teflon pads on mine and doesnt really help and annoying using pledge every so often

using my computer desk just fine now and ultra smooth actually... i might resort to buying fuNC though

Ive got one of the original ones with the ratpadz.com white logo. I bought this thing almost 4 years ago and im still using it, however it is dieing and is killing my mx500. Its also turning white from the black plastic on top wearing off.

Any textured hard plastic mouse pad is going to eat nylon mouse feet - that's what teflon tape is for.

yeah mines is starting to suck now its all soft/smooth and really slow and my feet are almost gone :x

That is what the Ratpadz is know for...Eating up mouse feet...

Probably should go to fUnc...

Originally posted by Maxxx-
i love my everglide

not gonna touch that one... not a good word to use around here. My original is fine after over a year of hard gaming, so are my mouse feet. You're pressing too hard...

I absolutetly LOVE my GS. I've had it since they came out and it's been awesome - haven't noticed any mouse feet problems or anything like that.

Originally posted by psychosonik
not gonna touch that one... not a good work to use around here.

All drama aside, its a half decent mousepad, almost the same as the original ratpadz.

i also have a gs i no longer use..my MX700 feet are fine,the padz smooothed out to a drag tho..ah well,it was only 10cad on sale..

BRING BACK THE ORIGINAL!...i wanna try it (no ebay links please)

been using a destruct mat for 8mo. ..perfect for three mice...HUGE

Originally posted by Stang Man
damn, so what now? a new Pad??

How about a tampon?

Sorry, couldn't resist. :p

Anyway, I use a cheap crap mousepad with gel wrist rest. It seems to work fine as long as I have a Blue LED in my optical mouse. The red LED didn't track very well on it.

Originally posted by Metallica_Band
Oh I bet Kyle just loves this thread and the ppl in it :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Heh. I might buy a Rat Padz someday. I don't have any money right now...

Originally posted by RandomTrend
i also have a gs i no longer use..my MX700 feet are fine,the padz smooothed out to a drag tho..ah well,it was only 10cad on sale..

BRING BACK THE ORIGINAL!...i wanna try it (no ebay links please)

been using a destruct mat for 8mo. ..perfect for three mice...HUGE

Ill give you my original for 5 bucks.

I remember when everglide was a banned word. And when people used to get banned for saying the ratpadz sucked.

my mouse feet are fine, my pad is a bit smooth in the middle, but the mouse still moves nice and evenly across the surface.

i've had mine for right about a year now

Originally posted by corrosive23
I remember when everglide was a banned word. And when people used to get banned for saying the ratpadz sucked.

OMFG!!! You said the E word!!! And you said typed something bad about Kyle's beloved Ratpadz!!! I'm telling on j00!!! Ban him Kyle!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: :p ---> J/K

Originally posted by Metallica_Band
OMFG!!! You said the E word!!! And you said typed something bad about Kyle's beloved Ratpadz!!! I'm telling on j00!!! Ban him Kyle!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: :p ---> J/K
If he bans anyone it would probably be you for how childish your post was.

I've always wanted to get a ratpadz, but I just never wanted to spend the money on it. I don't even use a mousepad right now. Desk surface works just fine.

excuse my ultra newbieage, but whats so bad about sayin everglide?? oh well THANX
C'YA ?:-D

and i dont have a mouse pad either... desk works fine for me too

I'd use my desk, but my mouse is minus a foot pad. I'd scratch the hell out of my desk... Not that my desk actually deserves any better, but oh well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back