My pictures of the Cooler Master 690 (the new $50 uber-case!)

a short somewhere, perhaps?

hey you were right,and it almost took out my mobo,I was playing a intense game od COD 4 today when suddenly my pc shut off and smoke came out from the top,immediately I thought my 2900xt took out my power supply(corsair vx 550). Disconnected various hardware memory hard drive etc....and restarted to try to find the source of the problem.last thing I disconnected was the HD Audio connection that connects into the mobo,restarted and boom instantly booted up.Everything is working fine now but Im still confused what this HD Audio connection is for. I know for sure I hooked it up wrong.

The only nagging question I have is how to enable the topside audio connectors.

On my GA DS3L I have connected the AC97 topside connector to the appropriate connector on the MB but I can't get sound out of it.

Anyone have a clue?

-Funk

So what did you have the HD connector hooked up to to create this "cooker" and smoke maching.

i had it connected in the right pins but the wrong position,also i had the ac97 connected at the same time so either one caused this problem.

I just got mine done. Jumped on the ZipZoomFly deal for $39.99. Overall idle temps dropped by at least 10c compared to my Ultra Aluminus case. I haven't had any time to check load temps yet. I am very pleased with this case. I love the classic, sleek look of it. I had to shimmy up the floor mounted fan because it would rub against the filter. That 8-pin running up to the top chaps my ass but the cable wasn't long enough to go around back. I did the best I could for my patience level.:p

S5033186.JPG

Edit: Can we delete our posts? I see the edit/delete option but can't figure out how to delete. I posted in the 690 gallery and didn't want a double post...unless that's alright.

^^I think you're alright. :)

I just ordered mine on Friday. $75-$30 rebate from ClubIT. I'm going to spend a lot of time on the wiring, I'll be sure to get some pics up when I'm done.

I ordered this case about a week back at the tail end of the $20 rebate at ZZF. I went to check my order today to see what was taking so long and... status: "canceled."

The price has jumped at ZZF, too, to $70. I said f-it, and went to newegg to check prices, and right now there is a $40 rebate w/ original price at $70 + free ship. $29.99 shipped ATM!!!

Lucky me :)

Go go go!

^^Anyone in need of an alright case would be nuts not to jump on that. I didn't spend a ton of time on the wiring, but here are my results:

690imagel.jpg

I ordered this case about a week back at the tail end of the $20 rebate at ZZF. I went to check my order today to see what was taking so long and... status: "canceled."

The price has jumped at ZZF, too, to $70. I said f-it, and went to newegg to check prices, and right now there is a $40 rebate w/ original price at $70 + free ship. $29.99 shipped ATM!!!

Lucky me :)

Go go go!

sweet, i just hopped on this. 35 w/ tax. I can stomach that. Even had free shipping, which surprised me since its newegg.

any word on the Transparent Acrylic Side Window Panel (RA-690-KWN1-GP) being sold anywhere anytime soon

690panel.jpg

should change the title to My pictures of the Cooler Master 690 (the new $29.99 uber-case!)

Really is the case to get even more so now with Newegg's pricepoint

Just finished this for a customer. Having two Optical Drives along with a Multi-Card Reader makes it really look a lot more sloppy than it would normally be. I removed the side fan and put it on the top because side fans are for the most part useless with proper airflow setup. I also zip tied a fan to the outside of the Optical Bay and it blows massive amounts of air right through.

main3as0.jpg

main2qc6.jpg

main1ap3.jpg

rearsidezu2.jpg

Remove the unused HDD trays so more air can circulate better in your cases and you can maybe stash some cables there?

Here's mine. Tuniq tower and 8800 Ultra fit in with no problems. All the tooless features worked well for me.

The Tagan 700 is not modular and has a lot of extra cables that clutter up the innards somewhat, but everything is still running very cool. I have six 120mm fans installed, plus one 120mm inside the Tuniq.

I do have one complaint. After thie pics were taken, I added a second hard drive. This second one is IDE. (I also replaced the pictured IDE DVD drive with a SATA drive.) Anyway, I found that the IDE drive would not fit into it's slot all the way with the data and power cords plugged in. The metal lip around the rear of the drive bay obstructed both cords. It was an easy fix after a little bit of work with a file, but I found it strange that a standard IDE could not be properly intalled without modding the case.

Bottom line is, I'm loving this thing. Intel 6750, and Abit IP35-E, two gigs DDR-800 at 4-4-4-4-12. CPU overclocked to 3.2ghz with no problems. System running cool and stable.

build02.jpg

build03.jpg

I am looking for a 80x15mm quiet fan for this case. What do you suggest? And, does it help?

Here's mine. Tuniq tower and 8800 Ultra fit in with no problems. All the tooless features worked well for me.

The Tagan 700 is not modular and has a lot of extra cables that clutter up the innards somewhat, but everything is still running very cool. I have six 120mm fans installed, plus one 120mm inside the Tuniq.

I do have one complaint. After thie pics were taken, I added a second hard drive. This second one is IDE. (I also replaced the pictured IDE DVD drive with a SATA drive.) Anyway, I found that the IDE drive would not fit into it's slot all the way with the data and power cords plugged in. The metal lip around the rear of the drive bay obstructed both cords. It was an easy fix after a little bit of work with a file, but I found it strange that a standard IDE could not be properly intalled without modding the case.

Bottom line is, I'm loving this thing. Intel 6750, and Abit IP35-E, two gigs DDR-800 at 4-4-4-4-12. CPU overclocked to 3.2ghz with no problems. System running cool and stable.
What monitor is that? Looks like a mod some guy did on here, his was awesome, did you do the same thing?

The monitor is a 24" Westinghouse. Great monitor, and I got a killer deal on it at Newegg.

I am looking for a 80x15mm quiet fan for this case. What do you suggest? And, does it help?

I picked up a 80x15 fan for my rig, but never bothered to install it. My Tuniq keeps my cpu so cool, that there just isn't any reason to put the fan in behind the motherboard.

Just have to send in the rebate now! (hope it comes) Over all I like the case but my temps have not improved since my Antec Plus View II they have actually have gotten worse :eek: . and I think I managed the cables well I ran the main ATX 24 Pin through the back along with most of the other power cables and tied them up (The ATX 12V was not long enough so that is ran across the MB )

Which way should the fans blow? the front and side fans blow in and the back fan blows out and I know heat rises so would adding two top fans blowing out help?

I picked up a 80x15 fan for my rig, but never bothered to install it. My Tuniq keeps my cpu so cool, that there just isn't any reason to put the fan in behind the motherboard.

At idle, it may not make a difference. But, I am guessing at high load, it would help.

Which way should the fans blow? the front and side fans blow in and the back fan blows out and I know heat rises so would adding two top fans blowing out help?

I am bothered by the upper mesh. I am afraid dust will enter from there. Even though fans at the top may not help, to block the dust, I am planning to add fans.

Which spots can hold a 140mm fan? From this thread, I'm guessing side, both tops, and rear fan mount can...how about the bottom or front?

I don't think the rear or bottom can hold a 140mm, too lazy to check the front but I would guess it can't either

I just order one of these today. ZZF still has them for $39.99 plus a $30 mail in rebate. After shipping, less rebate, it'll be $18! Can't beat that! :cool:

very nice case just put mine together. cable management was pretty decent even though my s12-500 is very messy. From my previous case it brought my cpu temps 20 degrees celsius :D have the ultima 90 (120mm scythe) in push pull with the back fan. I have to say this case is very impressive. even the blue led fan in the front is very subdued behind the mesh. I was scared it was gonna be obnoxious. For me the fans are decently quiet for stock ones. I'll probably replace them in a couple weeks.

Looking forward to finally being able to overclock my q6600 :D

Am I the only one that tried to install an EIDE hard drive in this thing? The power and cable hookup doesn't allow the drive to lock into place. I was annoyed so I just ran out and bought an SATA drive :(

Am I the only one that tried to install an EIDE hard drive in this thing? The power and cable hookup doesn't allow the drive to lock into place. I was annoyed so I just ran out and bought an SATA drive :(

A little filing does the trick.

Yep, as I said a few posts earlier, I had to do some file work to get my IDE drive to fit in. I guess Cooler Master assumed that nobody would be using IDE any more...

It's not really a big deal. It only takes a couple of minutes with a round file to fix the problem.

^^My Maxtor drive went in just fine, no filing required.

I know which fan slots hold 140MM fans but I am going to stick with 120MM fans for now (Is That a good idea?) Since 140MM fans are hard to come by and are expensive. I will probably buy the Yate-Loon Fans the Medium Speed model but I tried out a couple of other fans I had in my parts bin and the whole top and side panel vibrates loudly with just one fan. Any way to fix that problem?

Is it just mine, or does the side panel that hold the 2 fans seem a bit flimsy?

No it's not just you it is a bit flimsy probably because of all of those holes and thin sheet metal

Now, be easy on me. This was with NO MODDING at all to speak of. Well, I removed the metal mesh off the top of the case successfully in one piece in case I ever want to re-install it. I also broke out that crappy plastic design that resides under the mesh too.

wc3%20002.JPG

ROFL. Funny eh? Works though.

wc3%20004.JPG

Messy, yes.. but I don't have a window and I threw it together really fast so w/e. Maybe I'll re-do the wiring this weekend after I stop by Home Depot for some zipties.

wc3%20008.JPG

Pretty clean looking I suppose.

wc3%20007.JPG

I'm sure you've all seen that.

wc3%20011.JPG

And finally, a pretty cool pic I snapped. I have to apologize for the pictures. I was really lazy and just put the camera on Auto. As you can see, the ISO was pretty high which resulted in some graininess on the blacks but w/e.

Specs of the watercooling are:

D-Tek Fuzion w/a Backplate that came with a Zalman CNPS8000
MCR-220 (Push-Pull) -- 2x yates pulling, 2x lian li fans pushing
AquaXtreme 50z pump
T-line + DD plug
Distilled w/a hint of Pentosin G11 + PT nuke
7/16" Masterkleer
MX-2 Thermal Paste

Back