My pictures of the Cooler Master 690 (the new $50 uber-case!)

@Barracuda: Thats cool. The 120mm fans are just above the RAM sticks. They must stay pretty cool with all the air that flows past them (but then...its warm air at that).

With the upper side panel 120mm installed as an intake, the whole CPU/RAM/NB area gets bathed in cool air, and the rear and top 120's acting as exhausts pulls any warmed air out very quickly. All exhaust air I've felt on this case even while ingame has been completely cool to the touch (other than the video card exhaust, and even that is cooler than it was in the previous case). The upper side 120 is aimed approx directly at the the first of the passive NB heatsinks and the CPU. Of course, that 120 is so huge that it spreads the air over a wide area.

I do need to go check if I installed the 80x80x15 on the backside of the mobo tray the right way. I wanted it as an exhaust, but in my half awake state this morning when I was taking the last photos I'm not sure if the 'paper test' I did was flawed or I had the fan flipped. I think it would work better pulling the warm air off the back and pushing it out than pushing cool air right up against the motherboard that is only a few mm's away.

With the upper side panel 120mm installed as an intake, the whole CPU/RAM/NB area gets bathed in cool air, and the rear and top 120's acting as exhausts pulls any warmed air out very quickly. All exhaust air I've felt on this case even while ingame has been completely cool to the touch (other than the video card exhaust, and even that is cooler than it was in the previous case). The upper side 120 is aimed approx directly at the the first of the passive NB heatsinks and the CPU. Of course, that 120 is so huge that it spreads the air over a wide area.

I do need to go check if I installed the 80x80x15 on the backside of the mobo tray the right way. I wanted it as an exhaust, but in my half awake state this morning when I was taking the last photos I'm not sure if the 'paper test' I did was flawed or I had the fan flipped. I think it would work better pulling the warm air off the back and pushing it out than pushing cool air right up against the motherboard that is only a few mm's away.
Thats awesome.
I think your mobo will be ok, there probably won't be much of a difference. I bet the ppl with GB boards and the crazy-cool stuff on the back will appreciate this feature (if they haven't removed it to get a better HSF)

This case is exactly what I was looking for.

I must've stole Barracuda's pics:

My SOHO 1040 had just been demoted to Server duties, since I got the SonataIII:

But with a healthy QuadCore under the GeminII, the Sonata wasn't cuttin' it:

(These are idle temperatures - I couldn't load up anything without shooting right past 70*C and heading for 80*s.)

With the new set-up (without using the two available 120m on the door):

(The load is with TAT, Orthos and RTHDRIBL running - my X1950GT never broke 45*C. :))

I have waaaay too many cables with the two CoolDrive6s in there:

I don't know what I'm gonna do if I end up going CrossFire for UT3....

-bZj

I just bought one of these cases, so far I love it!

I just have a question...what are the rubber thingies on the back for? There's two of them next to the expansion slots and I just have no idea why they're there :p.

I just bought one of these cases, so far I love it!

I just have a question...what are the rubber thingies on the back for? There's two of them next to the expansion slots and I just have no idea why they're there :p.
Or for running a USB cable out. :) I ran out of internal USB hookups for my CoolDrive6s.

-bZj

Will you have to remove both sidepanels to swap harddrives? That hdd orientation looks a bit awkward.

Will you have to remove both sidepanels to swap harddrives? That hdd orientation looks a bit awkward.

Probably not, unless you put your connectors on the far side, which would be useless in a case without a window. :) Might want to wait until someone who actually owns the case can tell you for sure.

I'm still just overly impressed with this case at the price point.

hey grim, I'm bumping into you everywhere around here.

I'm impressed too. I'm going to wait until the 1st to see if any new rebates come out and if not I'll spend the $80 on it.

I'll have a full set of pictures when I swap my guts over too.

I have my HDD connections at the rear of the cage, and don't have to open the right side panel to work on them, but it helps with cable hiding. Similar to the Sonata I vacated, you can just stuff the cabling into the cage as you slide the HDD tray in, if you like.

But, if you notice in my picture above, I did put screws into my ODDs, since I didn't like the 'play' in them with the 'toolless' mechanism CM uses - this requires the right side removal.

-bZj

Probably not, unless you put your connectors on the far side, which would be useless in a case without a window. :) Might want to wait until someone who actually owns the case can tell you for sure.

I'm still just overly impressed with this case at the price point.

Yeah, you probably do; I'm intalling XP on the 690 right now, after RMAing a DOA Seagate earlier this week.

Although, w/ slack in the cables, you could probably just pull it out in it's cage.

I took the plunge. Mine should be here Friday. :)

Thanks guys for your pictures. Once I saw that there was a hole on the top side of the modo tray like the one on the bottom I ordered it.

Hope my PSU cables are long enough
*crosses fingers*

Well you guys did it. I'm ordering on tonight as soon as I get home. Pics as soon as I get it built.

Is there a mesh filter behind the front metal mesh like the Termaltake Matrix VX??? If so I'm buying this case today! lol

Mine shows it will be here on Monday now. Stupid UPS held it for an entire day in Buffalo. I was hoping to play swaparoo this weekend.

Mine shows it will be here on Monday now. Stupid UPS held it for an entire day in Buffalo. I was hoping to play swaparoo this weekend.

heh, that happened to me a few times during shipping. one of my friends said that they probably halt the box and use it as a foot rest n the UPS warehouse, just so it'll waste time and get there the day of their 'estimated delivery'.

it happens too often. I think he's right.

just got this case, like it so far, but the front panel is hanging off on one side. the plastic retention clip is permanently squeezed.. RMA time?

Here's my 3rd build this year; yes it's the CM690, an E6400, Ballistix Ram, a cheaper Thermaltake Purepower, and of coarse, the ultra cheap but fantastic board IP35-E.

Very easy 1st day overclock to 3.2! Nice case, board and chip (38c idle, 45-49 load).

1455806136_e2ab1fb9de_o.jpg

Is it possible to fit LC radiator of 3x120mm fans underneath the top panel or will the mobo make it impossible?

i broke down and bought one of these from ncix.com, considering the "huge sale". bloody thing still cost me 80$ AR.

it always looks so good with that big green "49.99*" beside the product.

*after 20$ rebate

so, in essence:

$ 69.99 retail price
$ 24.99 (!!!!!!) welfare level shipping
$ 6.64 gst
----------------------------
$101.62

final cost after rebate : $81.62

how they can legally dance into advertising this as being "49.99" in big green numbers is beyond me. :rolleyes:

but, i still bought one. it's not like any of the local shops regularly stock this thing and with ncix, it should be here just after turkey day. it's worth $80 to me, I just wish they'd cut the crap and just advertise THE price after all the retarded math that they should do for me is completed. :D

The rubber fan mounts? I didn't get them

I get the sticky tape cable tie though but I'm not using it.

Ahh ic that what it is :)
how come both of us didn't get it ?? i'm calling CoolerMaster this week.

We'll see what they'll say.

I got the white cable tie with mine but i didn't get the fan mounts.

With all those rebates flying in they had to cut our supply of rubber fan mounts. :D

Received my 690 this evening... same as the rest, no rubber fan mounts. I sent them an email, see what they say. Anyone else hear anything back from them about this?

I just got mine today also. Yeah I didn't get the plastic push pins either.

Is there a list of PSUs that fit the case as far as cabling goes? This is my first case with a bottom mounted PSU.

Umm....they are cheap rubber fan mounts...and IMO a royal pain to use. And if was taken from a review site...they might have gotten a "premium" package or something.

Quick question for you owner's of the case. I'm helping a friend out with a new build and picked one of these up for it.

The front panel leads are nicely marked with their functions - BUT I do not see polarity marked for any of them? It is not referenced in the Manual either. Each has a white wire I assume they are all the same, but is it - or +. The IP35-E Mobo in the build labels the polarity for each of the LED's, does it even matter or are we just completing a circuit.

The colored is usually the positive, the white is negative. You can try them either way if you need to, it will only work one way.

Quick question for you owner's of the case. I'm helping a friend out with a new build and picked one of these up for it.

The front panel leads are nicely marked with their functions - BUT I do not see polarity marked for any of them? It is not referenced in the Manual either. Each has a white wire I assume they are all the same, but is it - or +. The IP35-E Mobo in the build labels the polarity for each of the LED's, does it even matter or are we just completing a circuit.

I'm told, with led's, if it's connected right, it works, if not, it won't; no harm done.

Back