My pictures of the Cooler Master 690 (the new $50 uber-case!)

I'm headed to Fry's during lunch to check this case out for myself. I've been looking to replace my old Antec SX1040 since building my new machine a few weeks ago. The Antec will become the house file server while my new gaming rig is getting some flashier skin. My list is down to the Cooler Master 690, the CM 534 and the Gigabyte Poseidon with the 690 at the top of that list.

This thing looks very nice, I may have to ditch my Masstige... Thanks for the additional images, OP.

Just ordered mine. Newegg killed their Free 3-day shipping as of some time early this morning so I ended up getting it from ZipZoomFly. Going to take longer to get to me, but free shipping puts me at $49.99 for the case after rebate. I did grab a Lite-On SATA DVD burner and 320GB WD HDD from NewEgg to finish off the new computer build. Most of my old hardware is going back into the Antec for server use.

This thing looks very nice, I may have to ditch my Masstige... Thanks for the additional images, OP.

I have both a Masstige and the Cooler Master 690 and I like them both. However I prefer the Masstige hands down. In my opinion the masstige is roomier and has more vertical work space than the 690. Additionally the lack of a window was a downer for me.I really like the 690 and for the price I got it at, I cant complain. However as a Masstige owner and 690 owner the Masstige is the better of the two.

I can post some comparison pics of the two if anyone wants

Whats with the grill on the motherboard tray, is there a fan on the other side? I could see how pulling from under the MB would help with cooling as I am sure alot of heat builds up under there and cooks the MB components from below.

Damn I hate imageshack, freaking pop unders!

i got this case just waiting for mobo to arrive to assemble everything
just hope the tooless works , never used a cooler master case but i hope they are better than the tooless crap on rosewill cases

Whats with the grill on the motherboard tray, is there a fan on the other side? I could see how pulling from under the MB would help with cooling as I am sure alot of heat builds up under there and cooks the MB components from below.

Damn I hate imageshack, freaking pop unders!

Yes, the fan shown from the rear of the motherboard tray is what puts air through that grill on the tray :).

I've never had pop-ups or pop-unders with imageshack... :confused: .

very nice case! also got one from egg.
off topic: how do you do the thumbnails???? im trying to figure this out a few days now:mad:
can you pls help me out:D

I have both a Masstige and the Cooler Master 690 and I like them both. However I prefer the Masstige hands down. In my opinion the masstige is roomier and has more vertical work space than the 690. Additionally the lack of a window was a downer for me.I really like the 690 and for the price I got it at, I cant complain. However as a Masstige owner and 690 owner the Masstige is the better of the two.

I can post some comparison pics of the two if anyone wants

I'd really appreciate it if you could post a few images.

I like my masstige also, it's got enough room in it for me to internally mount my MCR220 and all the other watercooling bits if use the two hard drive bays below the MB. I guess my only real gripe comes from trying to hide cables (which may be partially due to my mobo). I'm looking to upgrade most of my components soon which may remove any reservations about the Aerocool I'm having. Still, the 690 is a sweet looking case.

buying it for my next build :D lovely, we need cases as cheap as this for us who dont have the amount of money

it's the exact case i've been trying to find in canada... ncix has them but they're out of stock and cost 80$cdn... wtf!

not even accounting for the ridiculous 25$ they want to charge to ship the thing.

wow, thats an impressive case for $60
I might have to get one soon-ish :D

How many fans come with this case. It looks to me like you get three 120s is that correct. I've been wanting a new case and this just leaped to the top of my list.

Also my I request a picture with all the panels on and the system running or something to that effect

How many fans come with this case. It looks to me like you get three 120s is that correct. I've been wanting a new case and this just leaped to the top of my list.

Also my I request a picture with all the panels on and the system running or something to that effect

I have 6 120x25's in it, and 1 80x15. Two in the top, one on the bottom, one on the rear, one on the door, and one in the front bottom (blows through the hard drives). I also have an 80x15mm fan behind the motherboard tray that pulls air through from under it to help cool it off. The case comes with 3 120mm fans, one for the front that blows on the HDD's, the one on the door, and the one on the rear. So, to outfit it how I have it, you need to buy four fans: Three 120x25mm's, and one 80x15mm (not 80x25, this is a thin fan :) ).

Basically, the bottom intake on the floor of the case, the fan behind the motherboard tray, and the two top blowhole fans, are not included. It comes with the other three :).

I will be putting my parts in it this weekend, and can show you pictures of it running/fully assembled then :). I'll update the thread soon.

if you guys wanna see the case w/ stuff in it heres mine.
hope the OP doesnt mind. if you do just lmk and ill take it out:D

xasemod005.jpg

My case arrives from ZipZoomFly on Thursday, my new drives from NewEgg on Tuesday, and I hope my fans arrive some time before Friday as well as I can get to installing!

Thanks for posting the photo with a rig installed in this case. Which fan bus is that in the case? I'm debating about getting a fan bus or just plugging all the fans into the mobo and letting that be that.

nice case for $50.. I wonder how much these will sell for here where I life.. :rolleyes:

Price at newegg has now jumped to over $80 with shipping. which really sucks cause at $50 this case rocked, now its just an average case at that price point.

/edit Just looked at your profile, you live in poland, no idea where you would even get one of these, sorry.

it's only my personal opinion but even at $80 (after today, the MIR expires), I'd still take this over a P180 at that similar price.

Same here...it's lighter and runs cooler than the P180 I have upstairs housing my old build.

Ok, maybe it is better than average at $80, I haven't seen one personally so I cant say for sure. newegg puzzles me sometimes, thery use to have the Antec 900 for $150 (before shipping) when other places had it for $120. I got my 900 from Best Buy and it was still cheaper there than what Newegg had it for at the same time. Now I will pay a little more at Newegg for something because newegg has always been very reliable and fair when it comes to returns, but charging 20% more than everyone else is not a little bit more.

I have it assembled, and will post pics of it with an 8800GTS 640 installed tonight... my GTX is coming in tomorrow, so I'll post pics of it with that too then.

I just picked this up - kind of on a whim - from Fry's. $69.99 - $20 MIR = $50+tax (but no shipping!). When I picked up a SonataIII and a X3210, my temps just got too high, so I need some more flow!

I hope to swap the system over this weekend.

-bZj

This thing looks to be an awesome bang for the buck, thanks for hte shots. Is there a fan filter on that bottom fan? It looks like there is, I hope so cause that would be some ridiculous dust...

Mine arrived this afternoon. I started taking some photos, but still need to take a few of the final build and I'll post all of them tomorrow evening. The combination of this new case and getting rid of all ribben cables really cleaned up the wiring quite nicely. My ASUS M2N32-Deluxe fit in perfectly, though I did have to remove the wire management clip things to put the board in and then put them back in. I'm running 5 120mm fans and a 80x80x15 fan and CPU temps have dropped 2-3 degrees celcius at idle over my old case (antec SX1040).

I'll let the photos do the talking on this one:

tn_P9202507.JPG

Empy case fresh out of the box

tn_P9202509.JPG

Side-by-side with my SX1040. the Antec is sitting further back, height difference is more than it appears.

tn_P9212510.JPG

All the hardware moved over and powered back up.

tn_P9212511.JPG

The SX1040 had less than half an inch clearance to the keyboard/mouse tray. Here I have 2+ inches.

tn_P9212517.JPG

Not the best cable management job on [H] but best job I cared to do this evening. I'll likely go back in and work on the SATA cables a bit more later.

ASUS M2N32-Deluxe, AMD X2 4800+ Brisbane, MSI 8600GTS, 2GB Corsair XMS2 800, 250 & 320 GB SATA drives, etc etc.

The old Antec SX1040 was put back together with most of my old hardware for its new job as a file/print/game server. AMD 2800+ on an Epox nForce2 board, gig of ram, 120, 200 and 200 GB drives, and my old nVidia Geforce2 GTS 64mb vid card for those rare times I need direct video in instead of remote desktop.

@Barracuda: Thats cool. The 120mm fans are just above the RAM sticks. They must stay pretty cool with all the air that flows past them (but then...its warm air at that).

Back