My phone factory reset itself ....

Discussion in 'Smart Phones and Devices' started by Digital Viper-X-, Mar 17, 2019.

1. Digital Viper-X-

Digital Viper-X- [H]ardForum Junkie

I pulled up to the border crossing lane, at the camera / cray wtf ever it is, I had Waze open on my s9+, the thing flashed and I pulled the car up to the border agents booth... I notice my screen changing, now I see the big android logo with the word "erasing" below it.... WTF? (Acrually said wtf as the dude looked at me all weird).

I pulled over after getting through , the welcome screen is up, I start going through the steps, and it says, " unauthorized attempt to reset the phone to factory setting "

Fun... any idea what the hell could cause this?
    Galaxy s9+ with latest updates installed

2. Ocellaris

Ocellaris Ginger @le, an alcoholic's best friend.

Government knew you had a trunk full of black tar heroin.

3. N4CR

N4CR 2[H]4U

BlackBerry app has this as a feature to avoid unauthorised access so perhaps something else you run has similar?

4. CHANG3D

CHANG3D [H]ardness Supreme

After so many unauthorized access attempts, the phone automatically resets itself. The NSA was trying to hack you. Too bad, they probably still grabbed 75% of all the data on your phone because it's an android... XD

5. Digital Viper-X-

They got a whole lotta memes :)

6. Digital Viper-X-

I have nothing like that installed, I think the firmware has an option like that.(after 15 attempts it will wipe itself, but I had this disabled)

Last edited: Mar 17, 2019
  7. T4rd

T4rd [H]ardForum Junkie

Only thing I could think of is someone else had access to your account on Android Device Manager (apparently called Find Device now) and hit the Erase Device option.

Screenshot_20190318-004002.png

I think most Android phones have that installed by default. I don't remember installing it on my wife's Note 9 and yet I can manage it on there as you can see in my screenshot.

8. Digital Viper-X-

My account has 2fa, and requires an SMS to my phone to login, I don't have any other devices logged into my account :)

I do have bluestacks, but someone would have had to break into my house, or manage to hack into my computer and snag my bluestacks instance.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2019