My PCP&C 410W Silencer died again

Astral Abyss

2[H]4U
This is the 2nd time it died on me. The first time it died I sent it in for RMA repair and it came back working again. (It was fixed, not replaced). I use it to power a modest system that it should be able to handle with no problem:

Epox 9NDA3+ (NF3)
3200+ Winchester @ 2.4GHz
1GB RAM
ATI 9800pro
80GB WD hard drive
NEC DVD-RW
Audigy 2 ZS
4x 80mm fans

What would happen is that it would have trouble powering on. For instance, I'd hit the power button and it would start to power on and then immediately shut off. This is what it did before I sent it in for repair the first time as well. I double checked to make sure nothing was shorting (like unused connectors) but it wasn't. I replaced it with an Antec NeoPower 480 from my main system and got a NeoHE 550 for my main and I'm back up and running again.

That was the 4th PCP&C I've bought over the years and they were all great, but this 410W Silencer is a piece of crap. It's still under warranty but even if I do get it repaired I'm not sure I'd put it back into my computers. It's not reliable enough.

Anyone know who makes these Silencers for PCP&C?

The newest Silencers are all Seasonic. The 410W seems like an older model and could possibly come from a different OEM.

Back