My PC (With Pics, 56K OK)

Luke2004

n00b
some more pics as the thread from last tiem got deleted (twas the big thread with loadsa pics)

CPU Fan, Wiring (need round IDE cables), my Radeon 9000pro 128Mb

Need ddr ram though, also that pissin PSU connector is in such a dodgy place on the mobo

Yes the case was a pre mod as it is my first time doing this

Athlon XP2000+
PC Chips Synatx KT266 Mobo
384Mb SDRAM (DDR is on order)
80Gb 7200Rpm HD (Top One)
40Gb 7200Rpm HD(Bottom)
128Mb ATI Radeon 9000Pro
1 Cold Cathode hidden behind the groove at the front
4 LED Fans 2 back 2 front)

post-13-1081602126.jpg

post-13-1081602291.jpg

post-13-1081602403.jpg

yes i noticed my camera doent like being close to things or it goes blurry! ahhh well

Im gonna do those cable 2mrw! im thinking of turning my HD's around and takin the wires around the back so you cant see them

Originally posted by Luke2004
Im gonna do those cable 2mrw! im thinking of turning my HD's around and takin the wires around the back so you cant see them

yeah i'd do that. It would clean up the wiring very nicely. Other than that, i like it. Good work.

thanks man! ill strip it 2mrw and re wire it all! just took it apart and swapped some fans around as some move more air than others! would it be easy to make a 120mm or 80mm fan hole on the top? also i need to make a hold for my CCFL switch

oh and in the US how much is 2 x 256Mb DDR PC2100 cost for half decent make? over here its around £60 as the price has just gone up and i heard it would be better to run 2 x 256 than 1 stick of 512

ok i just ordered 2 small CCFL's to put in the bottom of my case front and back, i will cut 2 hols just smaller than the ccfl to give my case an underglow effect

ok i redid the ide cables so they go behind the the other side of the case hows it look?

post-13-1082055836.jpg

Ribbon cables are better than round cables. You can hide them a lot easier than the round cables. As long as you know origami.

Does your camera have a Macro mode? Should look like a little flower. If it does, turn it on for those close up shots.

hellzassasin said:
one word of adice. round cables. www.svc.com

.99 cent round cables, both ide and floppy.

http://www.svc.com/cables-floppy-round-cables.html
^most under 1.50

http://www.svc.com/cables-ata-100-133-round-cables.html
ide (harddrive and cd/dvd/cdr) cables, most under 2 bux
ribbon cables stil have its purpose of hiding by lying flat...

i wouldnt buy a rounded cable, i just make them by myself by seperating the wires in the ide cable and then taping it together with electrical tape or zip tying it

wayne said:
ribbon cables stil have its purpose of hiding by lying flat...

i wouldnt buy a rounded cable, i just make them by myself by seperating the wires in the ide cable and then taping it together with electrical tape or zip tying it

Ahh men. That cable rounding tactic was my first 'mod' thingy ever.

edit : i didnt mean ahh men. i meant amen. shhhh

i think u need to get those cd roms stealthed.

maybe some better cathodes.

do a little paitn work or sumthing.

and you will have a kick ass case.

I LOVE THE SHAPE OF THAT WINDOW

Luke2004 said:
oh and in the US how much is 2 x 256Mb DDR PC2100 cost for half decent make? over here its around £60 as the price has just gone up and i heard it would be better to run 2 x 256 than 1 stick of 512
i get it cheap after MIR at b&m stores like bb and cc

Back