Weaksauce
It's not an impressive system.

X4 860k
F2A68HM-H
2x4gigs 1600Mhz RAM
nVidia GT610
OCZ 150 Trion 240g SSD
Hitachi 1TB Sata2 Mechanical drive

This system would boot up in about 15 seconds with Win7 Pro 64 running on it. Fast, agile. Quick to load any & all programs. Great for streaming video/music etc, over a gigabit Cat6 network. Plugged into my 55" HDTV was great for viewing movies/TV/sports

Now with WIn10 Pro 64bit. Locks up randomly w/out doing much but trying to open the start menu. Could be in the middle of doing just about anything, & it locks up. Can't do anything w/out it stopping for 2-10 minutes. I did the upgrade, then did a fresh install. The upgrade ran ok. Had some minor issues, some programs just wouldn't start at all. So figured I do a fresh install. I see in some of the new builds they haven't released as of yet. That they are working on basic GUI bugs. Like file windows not opening correctly & not showing correct info in folder. These are basic issues that should have been seen/fixed in the testing phase. So in essence we are BETA testing this pile of shit for them to fix as they go.
This system BSODs now & has all sorts of issues. Random reboots/random lock ups random issues that I have to work thru daily on this shit stain of an OS.
I'm not looking for any help or advice. Mainly just a heads up/warning/rant. I only wanted to do this now cause of the free upgrade path ending later this month. So I figured I'd start on the simplest system I own, & it failed miserably. I'm sure lots of ppl will come in & post less than useless information on how great it works for them & how it was a dream to install/setup. That's nice. No one really gives a shit, just so you know ahead of time.

Windows 10 = the new Vista

Did you run the compatibility check tool before upgrade? Sounds like you should have.

X4 860k
F2A68HM-H
2x4gigs 1600Mhz RAM
nVidia GT610
OCZ 150 Trion 240g SSD

This system would boot up in about 15 seconds with Win7 Pro 64 running on it. Fast, agile. Quick to load any & all programs. Great for streaming video/music etc, over a gigabit Cat6 network. Plugged into my 55" HDTV was great for viewing movies/TV/sports

Now with WIn10 Pro 64bit. Locks up randomly w/out doing much but trying to open the start menu. Could be in the middle of doing just about anything, & it locks up. Can't do anything w/out it stopping for 2-10 minutes. I did the upgrade, then did a fresh install. The upgrade ran ok. Had some minor issues, some programs just wouldn't start at all. So figured I do a fresh install. I see in some of the new builds they haven't released as of yet. That they are working on basic GUI bugs. Like file windows not opening correctly & not showing correct info in folder. These are basic issues that should have been seen/fixed in the testing phase. So in essence we are BETA testing this pile of shit for them to fix as they go.
This system BSODs now & has all sorts of issues. Random reboots/random lock ups random issues that I have to work thru daily on this shit stain of an OS.
I'm not looking for any help or advice. Mainly just a heads up/warning/rant. I only wanted to do this now cause of the free upgrade path ending later this month. So I figured I'd start on the simplest system I own, & it failed miserably. I'm sure lots of ppl will come in & post less than useless information on how great it works for them & how it was a dream to install/setup. That's nice. No one really gives a shit, just so you know ahead of time.

I suppose no one cares about your rant either then. Sorry but, just because something was working before does not mean there is nothing wrong, hardware wise, now. But, you do not want help so, whatever.

But the all-too-important question remains: Why the fuck did you ruin a perfectly functional Windows 7 installation? Windows 10 offers you zero improvements over what you had and now will have to work at having once again, so... why?

OP forgot to turn buckets up to 11.
I turned buckets to 11 on my i7-920 after an in-place upgrade from 7 to 10, and it runs like a charm.

X4 860k
F2A68HM-H
2x4gigs 1600Mhz RAM
nVidia GT610
OCZ 150 Trion 240g SSD

Is the system OC'd?

X4 860k
F2A68HM-H...

You could try...

..nevermind, GFY

Installed Windows 10 Enterprise Current Branch (not LTSB) on my new build in the sig over the weekend. The smoothest build and install I've ever done. Windows 10 installed and fully updated in like 15 minutes on this thing. Only tricky part is some of the more esoteric features, like the H100i v2 and AX 1200i needing drivers and the motherboard with the lighting features, had to use the included DVD to get all of the missing drivers and apps installed, first time I used an included disc with a product in a long time.

In any case, if a system is doing what one wants it to do with Windows 7 or 8.1 then have at it. No way I'd put those on this kind of hardware especially considering how well it's working with 10.

That's nice, no one gives a shit about your inability to install an easy OS on an unimpressive system in a [H] forum.

you gave enough of a shit to post .... it's ok to be emotional ...

I just had to lol @ all the ppl responding to something I'm not gonna read ...

That's nice, no one gives a shit about your inability to install an easy OS on an unimpressive system in a [H] forum.

you gave enough of a shit to post .... it's ok to be emotional ...

Yes, because occassionally I peruse posts where ppl have problems and ask for advice and then give some. But you are just being a tool and obviously don't seem very informed and even morse, wish to stay ignorant.

I just had to lol @ all the ppl responding to something I'm not gonna read ...

Funny since you obviously read it when you responded to my post... Maybe you shouldn't get so emotional about it. Since you were obviously emotional enough to make a shit post about how you are too inept to install and coiffure an OS on a machine, letting it get the best of you.

My Windows 10 upgrade thinks it's a DeLorean. Same Windows 7 install on 2 totally different machines hits 88% then gets stuck. After hitting the Reset button it rolls back to Windows 7 and needs to be re-activated.

I didn't know about the CRT one but I did make several purchases of Samsung CRTs during the necessary time frame for Nevada, but it looks like filing a claim is now past the deadline so, no more free cash for moi. ;)

My Windows 10 upgrade thinks it's a DeLorean. Same Windows 7 install on 2 totally different machines hits 88% then gets stuck. After hitting the Reset button it rolls back to Windows 7 and needs to be re-activated.
So you're basically seeing some serious shit? :D

I didn't know about the CRT one but I did make several purchases of Samsung CRTs during the necessary time frame for Nevada, but it looks like filing a claim is now past the deadline so, no more free cash for moi. ;)
Me thinks you replied to the wrong thread.

So you're basically seeing some serious shit? :D

not sure what the issue is, both machines are dual xeons with 128GB of ram, so not sure if it's the ram or the dual cpus.

Me thinks you replied to the wrong thread.

Wow, that's weird, 'cause I damned well know I was in that other thread about the DRAM settlement and I made that post in that thread, no idea how the hell it got posted in this one. :)

not sure what the issue is, both machines are dual xeons with 128GB of ram, so not sure if it's the ram or the dual cpus.
Aw come on, you quoted Back to the Future but you didn't get the reference?

:)

Back