my NVME storage is a little hot

Kato1144

Limp Gawd
i have a Corsair Force MP500 M.2 2280 480GB NVME SSD on a Gigabyte GA-AX370 Gaming 5, it is under my GTX 1070 so there is no way to get direct air cooling on it, unfortunately hardware monitor is reporting the idle temp of 70-80 oC and to me anyway that seems a little high for idle, not sure if i should be worried or is this normal operating temps for a high speed NVME

Corsair says that your drive throttles at 80C, which obviously hurts performance. See THIS. No way to add a little heatsink?

At minimum blow a 120mm fan toward it.

I would get a well reviewed PCIE-E M.2 mounting card, they dont cost much and are much better at keeping it cool.

I currently have a 50mm fan blowing directly on the NVME it now is ilde at 50-60 oC, I ordered a 25mm fan to get more airflow on the NVME as the 50mm is more the half way blocked by the VID card, getting a mounting card is a idea but i kinda like having the NVME on board,

Is the side panel close enough to just bridge the gap with a thermal pad?
- You can get thicker sheet of the stuff and use the entire panel as a heatsink.

Can you move the gfx card to a different slot? Even if it's only x8, it will be fine.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Ordered some sub 1/4" copper heat sinks and some thin adhesive thermal pads, if the heat sinks are to tall I will try some copper shims if I can find some

Back