My New ViewSonic N2750W HDTV Monitor

im really wanting one of these...seems pretty nice. honestly, what do those of that that own this or seen it in action find bad about it?

What chair is that and where'd you buy it? Armed chairs mess with my gaming, I need that chair.

Also, what wallpaper is that?

how you can have so little cables running to and from everything in those pics is simply amazing to me !

simply stunning, good work !

tristan792 said:
im really wanting one of these...seems pretty nice. honestly, what do those of that that own this or seen it in action find bad about it?

There tends to be some noticeable blur on this unit. I only ever notice it when im playing ps2. You can see the area around whatever the screen is focused on (Your character, vehicle, etc) blur some when moving it around. Its not a dealbreaker, though, especially if you can get your n2750w cheap ( i got mine at fry's for under 600$). Also, the remote is absolute crap. And so are the OSD and display options (color, etc); its barebones. But, you get what you pay for. None of the viewsonic codes work with this tv, so the only way you can get a 3rd party remote to work is to get a learning remote and program yourself. No backlight control. Pretty good picture. Inputs are all in awkward positions. Speakers do not sound good unless you have SRS turned on (Which I don't because i live in an apt in an old house and its waaay too loud with SRS on) and when SRS _IS_ on, if its at a low volume you can hear some speaker hum. Only one Progressive Component input.

All in all, lots of negatives. But asides from the speaker and lack of inputs, the rest are nothing. This panel is so inexpensive that they don't matter. I want to pick up a 2nd one to put in the bedroom/office so i can watch my tv shows and anime ive downloaded as opposed to keep toting my laptop into the den and hooking it up like that.

EnJoY120 said:
What chair is that and where'd you buy it? Armed chairs mess with my gaming, I need that chair.

Also, what wallpaper is that?

That chair looks expensive. Ive seen a chair like that in crate and barrel (Freaking addicted to that store, no im not gay lol) for about 299 when i bought my desk system from there (seems like all my furniture is from there lol, hooray for floor sample sales!).

Id kill for a herman miller aeron. Or any Herman Miller.

I have some experience with this and as a cheap hdtv solution it is great but if you try to use this as the main monitor I would get something like the dell 2405 for resolution purposes.... Great price but the native res on the vga side just didn't work well with my eyes for a screen this large... but xbox 360 and native widescreen pc apps look great!!That being said I'm hunting to get a bargin on the 32 inch model for my room to be solely a hdtv.... just anyone picking this up this thread has alot of good info to consider

Commander0Zero said:
I have some experience with this and as a cheap hdtv solution it is great but if you try to use this as the main monitor I would get something like the dell 2405 for resolution purposes.... Great price but the native res on the vga side just didn't work well with my eyes for a screen this large... but xbox 360 and native widescreen pc apps look great!!That being said I'm hunting to get a bargin on the 32 inch model for my room to be solely a hdtv.... just anyone picking this up this thread has alot of good info to consider

Yes, i would never consider this as a primary montior, and the people who do are crazy IMO. Computer-wise, Its only good as a 2nd display for watching media content or gaming. It does rock as an HDTV, though. Looks nearly as good as my buddy's aquos at 1/3 the price.

Guess im crazy then ^^. Im seriously considering it as a primary display. Here is my reasoning. I would run it at 1080i, so there would be plenty of desktop space and the icons and text wouldnt be too large. However, my primary reason is that i could run games at the native resolution, without resorting to sli. After a good deal of research, my other option, the 2405fpw, would basically require SLI to run any game at a decent framerate, one 7800gt wouldnt cut it.

Counterarguements welcome :)

I think I have answered all the questions via PM :).

Monitor

This monitor has been nothing but a treat for me. Sure there are some minor inconveniences. I would have to agree with the awkward input placement (reminds me of the Sony XBR HDTV). Viewsonic could have done a better job adding a better wire management system.

I think this monitor would make an okay primary monitor (wouldn't be a bad thing at all, I run my primary monitor @ 1920 x 1200 and 1280 x 960 is a WELCOMED resolution). Sure we all would want to run higher resolutions, but this monitor is TV first then everything else second :). I don't see this as a problem at all, you can't ask too much. This thing already does so much more :D. The price alone makes this display worth every price you pay for it.

Like many, I too will probably buy another 2750W or the bigger 3250W especially when the prices drop some more (I've read that they are going to be releasing newer models which will drop older models in price :) ).

Chair:

I bought the chair @ Staples. I'm glad I didn't pay $299 as CFULL mentioned but I am still pretty dissatisfied for paying $89.99. If you are thinking of purchasing this chair, pay close attention at the lack of padding. This chair will hurt your tailbone no doubt.

The armless aspect does not interfere with anything. I don't even miss it. In fact, I feel more liberated without it. I am free to move my whole body without being bothered with arm chairs. The only thing I would change is to add more padding and maybe a head/ neck rest.

My Wire Management:

Thanks for the compliment NERDTANK. I worked extremely hard and ran the wires along the desk's body lines. It really isn't hard at all, I just used a bunch of zip ties and went to work.

Thanks for all the comments guys!

Anyone take screenshots of it while gaming (360, PC or PS2/Xbox/GC).

My main concern is that with older, none-HD systems (and revolution) it will look like ass (like most LCD HDtvs do, when running 640x480).

Anyway, let me know as I want to pick this display up soon.

peace,
OriginalOCer

FreshPrinceOfBellAir said:
If you check the viewsonic site they have the new 32" out. Hopefully we can see some good deals soon. There's a good deal at Fry's Outpost now on the 27"

Wow! That's a very good deal. It's only a matter of time til the 32 inch ones go down in prices too. If it went down to $700 for the N3250W, you can very well bet that pictures would be coming :)!

That 3260w looks beautiful and simple :D !

Does anyone who owns this display (the N2750w) have pics of it running a PS2, GC or Xbox in 480p? I've looked around and can't find anything. I just want to see what it looks like running in 4:3 and 1:1...

peace,
OriginalOCer

I play my Xbox on my N2750W, and it looks great. It runs in 480p, I use component inputs running from the Xbox HD pack. No ghosting, gorgeous image. I'll probably be taking some pictures tonight as text quality has been questioned by another poster, so perhaps I can pop in my copy of Forza motorsport and get some images for you while I'm at it. With the Xbox set to widescreen and using the HD pack, the entire screen is used and my Xbox hasn't looked better!

I'll see what I can get posted here tonight.... I'm off of work @ 5pm eastern, but I may be swinging by the bar (woot!) - We'll see... I would expect that I'd have pictures up before 10pm tonight. Stay tuned :-P

NoZ, that'd be awesome (both going to the bar, and posting pics running various definition games).

thanks in advance.

Peace,
OriginalOCer

Sorry, I got a little drunk tonight and ended up recording myself playing guitar a bunch (that I will soon post under my YouTube name)

I'll go snag the camera now and get the pics up... sorry I'm runnin a couple hours late guys!

- John -

Ok, I have a pic of ESPN basketball on ESPN (satellite TV, connected via S-Video), a couple text pics and a few Xbox pics while messing with Forza Motorsport.

bball3bz.jpg

text10tm.jpg

text22hc.jpg

xbox28fs.jpg

xbox36my.jpg

xbox41ki.jpg

So there you have it - hope it meets you liking. This is honestly a very nice unit, if you are looking for an extremely capable HDTV that won't break the bank, this is the one for you. If you have some money to burn, go buy a DLP cause they are prolly better. This is one of the best purchases I've ever made, so I'd reccomend it highly.

We just got our parents the 32 for like 800-900ish(charge $50 extra for "high demands") from costco this sat. I find that with the 360 it looks REALLY good then again im comparing it to the 2405...

Good Job NoZoL :). I was going to hook up my PS2 but I already have it set up to my older TV and didn't want to bother with it, especially since I had already tied all the wires nicely together. Thanks for going to all the trouble bro!

Anyway, I have another addition to add. I bought this today @ Circuit City:

$109.99 - $30 Mail In Rebate = $79.99

Link:
http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Logi...17006/catOid/-13017/rpem/ccd/productDetail.do

LogitechdiNovo1.JPG

LogitechdiNovo2.JPG

My Dog hurtedtedted himself :D(nothing big, just bit his arse, more like his thigh and put a wound on it :( ).

LogitechdiNovo3.JPG

LogitechdiNovo4.JPG

Why couldn't it be black :( ?
LogitechdiNovo5.JPG

Logitech diNovo Media Pad:

This thing is badarse. You can activate Windows Media Player, control the volume up, down, mute, it shows the temperature, time, date, and it's a calculator !
LogitechdiNovoMediaPad-1.JPG

Oh and I just remembered, I recieved my Viewsonic N2750w's $50 Rebate yesterday :)!

Coolness O'Doyle!

We use that same keyboard/mouse combo in the hospital where I work, they put it in all of the conference rooms and big shot boardrooms. I think you'll like it a lot, it is very smooth, very nice.

I'm going to watch the Red Wings kick the Anaheim Mighty Ducks asses tonight @ the Joe Louis Arena, so I won't be on later - Good work though! Take it easy!

Great pics NoZol, thanks

Honestly, that text looks excellent to me, very sharp, although its hard to tell how big it is.

I hate to ask, but could you count how many icons can fit on the screen on a standard desktop, for example, my 17inch at 1280x1024 can fit 13 vertically, and 17 longways. Since XP has a static icon size, ive found this is a good way to measure screen real estate.

If you could do that, itd be great, if not, i completely understand

I got the display yesterday, and I've run into a bit of problem that's really bugging me; When I use Component I find the image is very dark, but only when I look at it straight-on level (which is weird, because usually its the brightest when you're level with the display). If I go 6-inches above the screen and look down its WAY brighter, but head on I can't see any of the details (like the rims in PGR3 are all black, instead of individual spokes)...

Does anyone else have a similar problem?

When I use the VGA cable everything looks gorgeous, but I didn't want to have to rely on the VGA for the image to be as good as it should be with Component.

What are your settings when using component (tint, color, brightness, contrast, etc.).

Any input would be good. I'm wondering if it's just me, or if its actually my display (in which cause I would swap them). ALSO, when running 16:9 at 720, it doesn't look nearly as good as 720p at 1:1... but 1:1 reduces the screen size... anyone have a work around for that?

peace,
OriginalOCer

Hmmm, ive been doing some reading, and am looking at the comparable Syntax Olevia display, which can be had as low as 400 bucks, it has much higher contrast, and although resolution at 1260x768 is slightly lower, it might not make that much of a difference.

has anyone seen both, or am i missing something about why the viewsonic is better (besides the fact that it looks so much prettier :) )

OriginalOCer, I have the same problem with PGR3 being dark head on. When I had it on the 32 it was darker then I though(set on defualt). Even on the 2405 it was dark. All my other games seem fine from what I can tell...

Nice keyboard, may I ask why you didn't get the dinovo version? I think the only difference is the color and mouse.

OriginalOcer, have you tried connecting another component device to see if it is dark as well? I would suggest connecting a DVD player and seeing if it is just the 360 or PGR3 that is the problem. Just my suggestion.

CharlieBrown78, mine is wall-mounted, check page 2 of this thread.

jbrukardt, I'll see if I can find that out for you, maybe tonight.

Also, the Olivia is probably like this one listed on Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000233YDK/103-8362194-8674233?v=glance&n=172282

If it is, it does not have as high of a contrast ratio. The Viewsonic has a 900:1
Also, the Viewsonic has a 8ms response - Check the stats against it.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16889107001#DetailSpecs

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Amazon lists the Viewsonic as 600:1 contrast, and 16ms response time

Thats a pretty big descrepancy from the original specs

Yeah, its definitely not a 16ms response. I'd trust the manufacturer over crappy ass Amazon.

Anyone able to show a pic of this monitor at 13xx x 7xx with the desktop having a string of icons on it, so i can estimate screen real estate by the number of icons that fits lengthwise and heightwise?

OriginalOCer said:
Any input would be good. I'm wondering if it's just me, or if its actually my display (in which cause I would swap them). ALSO, when running 16:9 at 720, it doesn't look nearly as good as 720p at 1:1... but 1:1 reduces the screen size... anyone have a work around for that?

How much does it reduce the screen size?

I hate to bother the owners, but the only thing holding me back from my purchase is an estimation of screen real estate based on how many icons will fit on the screen at 13xx by 7xx. Best i can tell from the partially filled screen is that its 10 (vertical) icons, but i cant tell horizontal, which is the important part :)

Someone please help me, so i can have no reason not to purchase this beautiful monitor

Sorry for not getting back to you yet on this bud, I'll see if I can figure this out for you. My best guess right now would be about 10-14 Vertical and 23-28 Horizontal.

I'll try to find out for sure though tonight!

Excellent, thats workable for me

Ill be placing my order (for about $630 bucks) for one this week

Awesome man - you'll enjoy it immensely, I'm sure!

I paid about $720 for mine about a month ago, there are some nice rebates out there now.
Since it is a fairly expensive item, I'd get a protection plan. I bought a 3-yr onsite repair servicenet plan through Newegg for about $90 or so.

I'd rather pay more and shop at the Egg. Frys is some iffy stuff in my mind - seems like sometimes they don't wanna send rebates, plus the nearest Frys to where I live is in Chicago, hours and hours away.

Oh well. We'll see if I ever have to use this 3-yr warranty (I had to use one on a 53" rear-projection HDTV I have when the convergence circuit took a poo. Well worth the cash.)

NoZoL said:
I'd rather pay more and shop at the Egg. Frys is some iffy stuff in my mind - seems like sometimes they don't wanna send rebates, plus the nearest Frys to where I live is in Chicago, hours and hours away.

Oh well. We'll see if I ever have to use this 3-yr warranty (I had to use one on a 53" rear-projection HDTV I have when the convergence circuit took a poo. Well worth the cash.)

You ever been to a fry's? That place absolutely rocks. Plus, this was 583 OUT THE DOOR. NO REBATES.

Eh, nothing against B&M Fry's, like I said, I live too far away to make it worth it. I have heard some horror stories regarding Fry's online. I just bought a 400GB drive from Fry's Outpost for $199 - $50MIR ($149 for 400GB not bad) Hopefully the stories end up wrong.

Not trying to knock your purchase, good deal dude - Just saying, I stick with the egg.
Preferred Customer = 6 Months same as cash, 0% APR.

Well, yeah, for mail order, yeah I understand. The online part of fry's is totally separate from the b&m operations. It used to be Outpost.com, which was one of the dot com boom sites like buy.com that seemingly sprung up overnight and that failed nearly as quickly.

Here's my 2750w; still working on the living room. I don't spend much time in there, so Ive neglected furnishing it in the 9 mos i've lived here.

livingroom.jpg

Back