My new toy just arrived v2

Mcseiam

Supreme [H]ardness
My new toy just arrived! Silver Aqua-Computer block..

Thought I would post some pics of my new toy that just arrived courtesy of the folks at SNT-systems:

This is a special order Aqua-computer Cuplex Revision 1.3 with the silver base option. It has 10mm barbed fittings rather than the standard plug and cool connections and it is a BEAUTIFUL waterblock! I will not be using this block right away as I have a test or two to run using the Cuplex Evo Revision 1.1. As soon as I have some numbers I will let you know...

Here are some pictures in the meantime:

boxtop.gif

boxside.gif

topclose.gif

top.gif

khxreflect.gif

Laugh all you want at my choice of deodorant but look at the reflection, I mean 'cmon people :)
oldspicereflect.gif

and yes this is a repost from the old forums but I didnt feel like editing the text too much..

So, when are you going to have the numbers.... lol.

I'm gazing in awe and wonder for the second time.

Exactly how are you testing it?

And what makes it special other than being silver (omg bling bling)? It looks like a pretty standard "maze" style block to me. In other words, why would someone chose to run this other a silver cascade, assuming they are similarily priced?

they aren't similarly priced... it's German engineering....check out snt-system.com for more of the specs and such.

stumpy said:
they aren't similarly priced... it's German engineering....check out snt-system.com for more of the specs and such.

What exactly is "engineered" on that block?

The Cascade was created based off computer simulations and extensive testing. That is engineering.

Milling a squiggly 8mm? channel across a piece of silver is not engineering. Also, I did not see the silver block on SNT's site.

Giblet Plus! said:
Exactly how are you testing it?

And what makes it special other than being silver (omg bling bling)? It looks like a pretty standard "maze" style block to me. In other words, why would someone chose to run this other a silver cascade, assuming they are similarily priced?

well, silver does conduct heat better and thus is less of a 'bling bling' than it is an 'omg this cools better'....

I am testing them as would any hardware review site - along with a few other mods on this board I run www.ocfaq.com and will have a review there

I have no opinion of the maze blocks but the overall system options that AC provides are superior to any of the other block only manuafacturers in terms of integration (performance is great as well but I have no basis of comparison other than Swiftech and Koolance)

Giblet Plus! said:
What exactly is "engineered" on that block?

The Cascade was created based off computer simulations and extensive testing. That is engineering.

Milling a squiggly 8mm? channel across a piece of silver is not engineering. Also, I did not see the silver block on SNT's site.

If you read my post it is an option on one of the standard copper blocks

and this IS engineered, I highly doubt they just milled a random scribble as you state...

do YOU build waterblocks? and if so how do you engineer them? I assume not randomly...

Mcseiam said:
I am testing them as would any hardware review site

Exactly how is this? Instrumentation, equipment, variables, constants?

and $178 for that? Good lord, my whole setup can be purchased for that much.

edit - can't spell

Giblet Plus! said:
Exactly how is this? Instrumenation, equipment, variables, constants?

and $178 for that? Good lord, my whole setup can be purchased for that much.

Don't make him lock his own thread. I'm sick of this. I'm sure he is conducting the review in a similar manner that [H]ardocp or any other hardware site would do, and I'm sure he will detail everything in the review. Just be patient, he didn't post his opinions on the block yet, he just shared a couple pictures.

stumpy said:
Don't make him lock his own thread. I'm sick of this. I'm sure he is conducting the review in a similar manner that [H]ardocp or any other hardware site would do, and I'm sure he will detail everything in the review. Just be patient, he didn't post his opinions on the block yet, he just shared a couple pictures.

How is me asking him how he's going to conduct testing grounds for a thread lock? On the other forums I frequent that information would be present in the first post.

I haven't asked for his opinions on the block.

And do you speak for Mcseiam?

stumpy said:

no no no. please dont tell me its going to be a remounting kind of test. please please please. that will make the results so not correct ill cry. ive been wanting to see a REAL comparison between german and us systems for so long. also i assume the other components hell be using are american...guess ill be waiting a little longer.

its a well known fact that german systems dont perform as well as american, but ill be damned they are the most beautiful w/c systems ever. Im thinking about getting one of aqua's reses, i usually dont like reses but they have a stunningly good looking one. all metal and such.

/edit: this is what im talking about

http://snt-systems.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=21_26&products_id=97

hawt damn. expensive but in silver id cream my pants. also id have to make it accept 1/2" ID which might not be possible. damn :(

i've seen the cpu block get 2C higher temp than a WW system. all the same parts just different cpu blocks. that was one person though. i would still like to see more.

edit* that temp was from MrHappyGoLucky's thread.

I have the same problem with the security certificate. Dunno what's going on with that.

And yes, I'm looking forward to the results too, there has not been enough thorough reviews on the aqua-computer products, at least in the U.S.

stumpy said:
I have the same problem with the security certificate. Dunno what's going on with that.

And yes, I'm looking forward to the results too, there has not been enough thorough reviews on the aqua-computer products, at least in the U.S.

i just wish they sent one to pro/cooling

Looks good man. I bet you decided to go water because of this Houston weather, same reason I did;) .

kronchev said:
also i assume the other components hell be using are american...guess ill be waiting a little longer.

not true, the res, radiator and waterblocks are all aqua-computer :D

And even it the AC stuff isn't great, damn it sure looks good.

ForeverUnknown said:
i've seen the cpu block get 2C higher temp than a WW system. all the same parts just different cpu blocks. that was one person though. i would still like to see more.

edit* that temp was from MrHappyGoLucky's thread.

Yes but I also am running one more block on the loop AND the system is about 1/2 the noise level as before (was able to lower the fan RPM to under 1K for the radiator). My temp findings are based on the first 24 hours of burn in so it only will get better.

I was skeptical of getting a 3/8" inch setup but found it much easier to install since it doesn't take up so much room and the performance is about the same. These blocks don't compare to a Cathar made creation but they are high on my list!

kronchev said:
id have to make it accept 1/2" ID which might not be possible. damn :(

They do have 12mm barbs now which come very very very close to 1/2" OD. ;)

I am waiting for the Cuplex Pro in silver and I will make the jump!

Mcseiam said:
well, silver does conduct heat better and thus is less of a 'bling bling' than it is an 'omg this cools better'....
Pure silver conducts heat better than copper, but sterling (92.5% silver) ranges from marginally better than copper to much much worse (depends on what that other 7.5% is).

That's a sweet block man. I was gonna grab a silver Cascade but figured I couldn't really justify it since I have a copper one already. You shoud get some nice temps with that. :cool:

MrHappyGoLucky said:
They do have 12mm barbs now which come very very very close to 1/2" OD. ;)

I am waiting for the Cuplex Pro in silver and I will make the jump!

12mm is close but do those reses have it? ive only seen 10

kronchev said:
12mm is close but do those reses have it? ive only seen 10

The 12mm barbs are available as an option on just about anything SNT carries... I currently have my AC system running entirely on 12mm (this is on a copper AC block)

As for details on the review those will have to come latter when I am less tired

I am open for suggestions kronhev.... have any?

stumpy said:
The block is made of 99.7% pure silver according to Mcseiam. I'd say that's close enough to pure silver.

the block is 925er sterling silver...

according to the AC site:
'Now again available: Cuplex in substantial 925er the Sterling silver. Each radiator was milled from a solid silver block and polished on high polish. The series is limited again strictly and is laterally provided with an engraving, which indicates material, series and seriennummer. As the further schmuckstueck we offer now for the first time twinplex from substantial 925er the Sterling to silver'

as occasionaly happens, I was wrong ;)

Solid silver will have a much higher pressure drop...not really worth the extra money for such little gain in performance and the high pressure drop.

I want to see a review on par with Bill Adams, pHaestus, and Joe Citarella :)

Pressure drop vs flow rate is determined by the geometry of the block, not the material.

Unless yer thinkin' a solid silver block, as in no channels or passages for the water. :)

One word: ***BLING!!!***

That is just a damn fine looking pieve of hardware. $178... admittedly a little steep, but you get what you pay for.

HeThatKnows said:
Pressure drop vs flow rate is determined by the geometry of the block, not the material.

Unless yer thinkin' a solid silver block, as in no channels or passages for the water. :)

I will use the DD TDX as an example. Joe C. tested it and found that the SS version had a higher pressure drop than the copper version. No design changes, just material.

JoeC was vigorously berated by Bill Adams and pHaestus over those measurements. Eventually he went back and found the error.

HeThatKnows said:
JoeC was vigorously berated by Bill Adams and pHaestus over those measurements. Eventually he went back and found the error.

Oops, I failed to read that recant by Joe C. :(

Wow.

Its a round maze-1 made of silver. :rolleyes:

Dangerden already had that EXACT design so long ago I'm gonna cry. At least they could try and make an RBX/cascade style block out of silver.

I dont remember saying that the design is revolutionary, it is a design that works and works well.... there is nothing wrong with that

And dangerden does not offer a block in silver, THAT is what makes it unique.... if I wanted the same block that any individual with $30 and an idea to watercool could buy then I would have gone to the DD website 3 years ago when I started watercooling...

instead I went for swiftech in the beginning (a fact that I do not regret) and now have moved on to a manufacturer that blends style with performance - something that the folks at DD fail to deliver in every way

christ.....

Back