My New SilverStone LC20B-M HTPC

ctantra

Weaksauce
I just purchased my new Sony Bravia 46" LCD TV (KLV-46V200A) replacing my 7 years old 41" rear projection TV. I'm still waiting for my center speaker bracket to finished it up.

htpc1mw5.jpg

htpc2ds6.jpg

My HTPC is made up of the following for now:
Intel Core 2 Duo 6400
Kingston 2GB DDR-667
Gigabyte DS3
HIS Radeon X1300 Pro
Pioneer DVR-A11XLB
D-Link DWL-G520 PCI Wireless Adapter
I'm still looking for decent TV Tuner card like Hauppauge PVR-150 as it's very difficult to get it here.

Regards,
LimLim

Very nice looking Case and what an impressive setup you got there.
Bravia looks great with your furniture and those B&W 804's must sound excellent.
I was looking into an HTPC case that will fit an ATX board, but I'm afraid my furniture doesn't have the height to hold one of these things.

Trying to ID your receiver... what is that? Marantz? Pioneer?

The audio system consists of these following items:

DVD Player: Sony DVP NS575P
Receiver: Yamaha DSP-AX1
Main Speaker: B&W Nautilus 804
Center Speaker: B&W Nautilus HTM-2
Surround Speaker: B&W DM601 S2
Subwoofer: REL Acoustic Storm III

Regards,
LimLim

The HTM-2 used to be on top of my projection TV, but now it's impossible. I'm making bracket to hold it.

Regards,
LimLim

I think that is one of the nicest shot of LC20 case that I've seen.

Very nice! I've had the same case for about 6 months and am still in love with it. Can't help but look over and say, damn you are a sexy piece of machine.

Here's the pics:

There are B&W HTM-2 with wall bracket, 6500K Bias Lighting, and DIY Tin Can Wi-fi Antenna
centernq7.jpg

... and here is my full HTPC looks like now:
htviewbv5.jpg

Regards,
LimLim

Awesome!

What is the florescent lamp on the back wall for? (the "bias lighting"?)

Bias Lighting (Backlighting) allows less strain to the eyes, by maintaining a fixed light level in the room, behind the display. Bias lighting can really help to improve your perception of contrast, and make LCD display much easier on the eyes.

The recommended light temperature is 6500K, there is dedicated lighting source for this task. Here the link: http://www.cinemaquestinc.com/ideal_lume.htm

But I think regular 18W 6200-6500K fluorecent does the job pretty well. Besides, it's very cheap, only around $8. I can't think of another DIY tweak that can be done with a greater benefit on the viewing environment. :)

Here is another working tweak that costs a little, my DIY Tin Can Wi-fi Antenna. This directional antenna does much better than the stock coming from PCI Wireless Adapter.
tincanwifiantennalg8.jpg

Regards,
LimLim

very nice. An excellent looking room which no doubt functions amazingly too I'm guessing?

Question: What sub?

It's working great... Listening to music, watching movies, recording TV programs, gaming, and browsing, can be done with this machine. Oh... I just added Winfast TV2000 Expert, it's working great so far.

The subwoofer is REL Acoustic Storm III

Regards,
LimLim

that case is awesome so far as looks go. I don't own one but it's pretty high up on my list of things to buy.

how is it working on your hardware? is it easy to install and access everything?

nice setup!

Thanks.

This case has 6 removable 3.5" internal bays for hard drive, I still only use 1 of them. Pretty roomy I think for my hardware. But if you'll use all the drive bays, it will be over crowded. The only rather annoying thing about this case is power supply location.

I'll go for LC20B-M as this case has multimedia kit, but if you don't care about multimedia kit I think Silverstone CW01 has better choice :) More simple and cool design. As now, I hardly use that iMon/iMedian multimedia kit, either.

Regards,
LimLim

I used Canon EOS 30D with EF 24-105mm f4L IS USM Canon Lens. Thanks for your opinion.

Regards,
LimLim

Hi all..., Christmas season is coming, this is an early christmas gift for myself. Rather too early actually :)

I just upgraded my Graphic Card to HIS Radeon X1650Pro, my CPU Fan to Artic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro, and add another 320GB Seagate 7200.10 Hard Drive. I just knew that the fan on HIS Radeon X1650Pro is powered by Artic Cooling, so accidently I used 3 kind of Artic Cooling Fans (one on Radeon, one on CPU, and the last one is 80mm Pro2L case fan. They are working great and very silent, but the most important thing is that the price is reasonable.

Here some pictures I took before I put it on the shelf:

x1650proyr8.jpg

backviewca1.jpg

Regards,
LimLim

ctantra said:
I used 3 kind of Artic Cooling Fans (one on Radeon, one on CPU, and the last one is 80mm Pro2L case fan. They are working great and very silent, but the most important thing is that the price is reasonable.
x1650proyr8.jpg

I have to agree Artic Cooling makes great products... I am contemplating moving one of my systems into one of these cases for the exact same reason. the best part is the picture you provided actually shows the parts I have fitting!

Thanks for the great picture.

Is the 2nd hard disk bay empty? Could you fit any more HDD's in there with the components you have? I guess 3x HDD is enough in the first bay.

Thanks

That's awesome!!

A $10,000 dollar (or more) setup and a WiFi antenna made out of a tin can.

Just goes to show that Ghetto can be Fabulous.

mattchapman said:
Is the 2nd hard disk bay empty? Could you fit any more HDD's in there with the components you have? I guess 3x HDD is enough in the first bay.

Thanks

Yeah... this SilverStone case can fit 3 HDD per bay, and there are 2 bays total in this case. So, it can fit 6 HDD total theoretically. But I think it would be to full to have 6 HDD in such case. Besides, I use the bottom part of first bay to fit the excess power supply cable.

Regards,
LimLim

belmicah said:
That's awesome!!

A $10,000 dollar (or more) setup and a WiFi antenna made out of a tin can.

Just goes to show that Ghetto can be Fabulous.

I like DIY, but I can't build LCD TV, so I decided to build Tin Can Wi-Fi Antenna. There is personal satisfaction, when downloading file, I often joke that the file is catched by the Tin Can. :) Yep..., very Ghetto, but it really works.

Thanks for your opinion.

Regards,
LimLim

I love your setup. I wish I could afford that for my place, but I would settle for the TV!

And I have been in love with B&W's for ten years now. I want my first 7.1 system to be B&W based if possible. Gotta buy the house first, unfortunately! ;)

ctantra said:
Bias Lighting (Backlighting) allows less strain to the eyes, by maintaining a fixed light level in the room, behind the display. Bias lighting can really help to improve your perception of contrast, and make LCD display much easier on the eyes.

The recommended light temperature is 6500K, there is dedicated lighting source for this task. Here the link: http://www.cinemaquestinc.com/ideal_lume.htm

But I think regular 18W 6200-6500K fluorecent does the job pretty well. Besides, it's very cheap, only around $8. I can't think of another DIY tweak that can be done with a greater benefit on the viewing environment. :)<snip>

Great idea. I mounted one behind my new Samsung LN-S4696D and it does indeed make viewing easier on the eyes. Thanks!

PS-RagE said:
Great idea. I mounted one behind my new Samsung LN-S4696D and it does indeed make viewing easier on the eyes. Thanks!

I'm glad that you like it and feel the advantage. BTW, you've got nice LCD too, congratz.

Regards,
LimLim

Back