i5 7600k - dallied with the best TPC
16gb of corsair mem 3000mhz
8*2

mb is the gigabyte z270m-dh3

gc is the gf gigbyte gtx970 mini

nvme evo 960 from samsung

and the case is nzxt h440

the psu is the old cooler master 850w 10years servive

I make an windows 10 64 bit the last ver from microsoft with last drivers updated include the gc

the issue when i play games on stock not even oc @ 3.8 pass some times 1 hour I got black screen and sometimes restart !!!!

black screen make me crazy I do bench marks furemark prime95 every thing the same issue format 10 times with the same isuue !!!

what can bee ?

thanks helpers

New PSU is a good idea, even if it's not the problem. RAM and/or CPU may need a nudge on voltage as well.

When you run benchmarks - how long are you running them before you call it good?

Have you run memtest86?

dallied with the best TPC

What does this mean?

when i play games on stock not even oc @ 3.8

Everything is at stock/auto - nothing OCed, not even RAM, and your still seeing the issue?

New PSU is a good idea, even if it's not the problem. RAM and/or CPU may need a nudge on voltage as well.

When you run benchmarks - how long are you running them before you call it good?

Have you run memtest86?

What does this mean?

Everything is at stock/auto - nothing OCed, not even RAM, and your still seeing the issue?

@ yes

I would try updating the bios for your motherboard

If you still have problems, then I would try to borrow a different power supply and see if that is the problem.

A shut down like that is typically because of one of two problems. Thermal conditions which cause the system to shut down to prevent the processor from being damaged because it can't throttle its clocks fast enough to lower the temperatures to a safe threshold. Alternatively, this happens when the PSU is starting to go and is pushed too hard relative to what its capable of now. PSU's degrade over time as capacitors age.

Run memtest, you may have a faulty DIMM.

Faulty memory will not result in a hard shut down like the one (I think) the OP is describing.

dallied with the best TPC = Dealed with the best thermal paste

This still doesn't make any sense.

I haven't run memtest > but they comes @ speed 3000mhz the bios makes them 2300mhz I think

All memory clocks past JEDEC specs are a result of overclocking. You either need to load the XMP values for the RAM or set the clock speed manually. If you do that, you will likely need to set the timings and the voltage manually.

yeah those are good too.
grab something that has good ratings, is in your price range and between 650-850w. if the one above meets those, get it.

I've seen faulty RAM do all sorts of strange things.

So have I. However, I've serviced thousands of computer systems in my 23 year career in the computing industry and have NEVER seen bad RAM present in such a way. In fact, iI don't even think its technically possible for bad RAM to cause a shut down like the one described by the OP.

So have I. However, I've serviced thousands of computer systems in my 23 year career in the computing industry and have NEVER seen bad RAM present in such a way. In fact, iI don't even think its technically possible for bad RAM to cause a shut down like the one described by the OP.

Oh I can think of some corner cases. Never is a long long time to hang your hat on.

Oh I can think of some corner cases. Never is a long long time to hang your hat on.

When someone posts questions concerning a common problem, it's nearly always going to be the most common solutions which will resolve the problem. Not bizarre outliers. When proposing a theory about what's causing the problem and the potential solution to that problem, one has to think about how these things actually work and provide suggestions that make sense. Using this issue as an example, there are really only two possibilities to explain this behavior as there are literally only two components that can possibly cause a computer to do a hard shut down and power off in the manner described. 1.) Power supply issue of some kind. 2.) CPU thermal conditions resulting in shut down. This last one occurs when a CPU can't throttle its clock speed fast enough to reduce the heat to safe levels.

There are some additional environmental conditions which can result in a shut down like this as well, but typically the most common would be a UPS with insufficient output capacity or no UPS, and a brown out type of condition or other external power failure. When something like RAM is failing, it doesn't shut your PC down. What it does is cause BSOD's, hard lock ups, data corruption, application crashes, and that sort of thing. The only way a RAM module could shut down a system in the manner described woutd be if it shorted out. I have seen a DIMM catch fire and not shut a PC down. The screen went black etc., but the power didn't fail. It will not short out once installed and seated properly. Its not going to magically rewire itself in a DIMM slot after working successfully for a time.

Its great that people want to help out, but honestly, I don't think people actually think about how things work in a computer before suggesting that XYZ is the problem. Even if an outlier were responsible for the problem and thus, yielded a solution, its not really where you would start. I can tell you about all kinds of outliers and oddities I've encountered over the course of servicing thousands of systems over two decades, but even with all that in my head, I'd never start with those possibilities because they just aren't that common. My suggestions head that direction when and or if the common suggestions fail to yield a solution to the problem at hand. You always start with the most likely explanation and the associated solution before moving to the odd ball stuff.

Its great that people want to help out, but honestly, I don't think people actually think about how things work in a computer before suggesting that XYZ is the problem.

Because RAM is a very easy thing to check, it doesn't require forking out any cash or swapping hardware, and it's a very common problem.

Sometimes I think that it's great that people with lots of experience and years in the career want to help out too.

Because RAM is a very easy thing to check, it doesn't require forking out any cash or swapping hardware, and it's a very common problem.

Sometimes I think that it's great that people with lots of experience and years in the career want to help out too.

Sure, you can check memory quickly, but that doesn't change the fact that bad RAM cannot cause this particular problem.

Long thread and didn't read everything. If I missed it I appologize, but do you know what component temperatures are? It may be as simple as a bad CPU cooler fan, GPU fan, case fan and something is getting too hot causing system to shutdown.

Long thread and didn't read everything. If I missed it I appologize, but do you know what component temperatures are? It may be as simple as a bad CPU cooler fan, GPU fan, case fan and something is getting too hot causing system to shutdown.

I have check out the temps not going far from 65c to 68c

The issue 99% as I see the PSU

I have check out the temps not going far from 65c to 68c

The issue 99% as I see the PSU
Probably is. Hopefully you know someone who will loan you a PSU to verify that is the problem source.

99% the psu
Still crashing after bios update?

About 1 month ago I helped someone. Their computer was freezing and crashing after about 2 hours of gaming. Every time.

A bios update fixed it before we spent money on other options.

Last edited:

About 1 month ago I helped someone. Their computer was freezing and crashing after about 2 hours of gaming. Every time.

That's a completely different problem. Naturally, the same solution wouldn't apply here.

I make the bios update the same issue every loading into the game getting worse now

Back