Finished up my Q-Pack today, it's a pretty slick little box. Im using:

Gigabyte 8I945GMF Mobo
CeleronD 2.93ghz
1gb PQI turbo DDR2
80gb Seagate SataII HD
120gb Samsung HD
Lite ON DVD/CD-R combo drive
Enermax Liberty 400watt PSU

Temps are 35 for the Celeron and 28 for the HD so far.

The sound is still bugging me though, It is really low even with the volume all the way up, id be deaf if my HP was at this level, not sure whats up with this one.

Going to replace the integrated Media Accelerator 950 with a GeForce 6800 GS eventually, but the 950 gives 60-70 FPS on CS 1.6, I'll try Source once its done downloading.

Pics to come tommorow

Ignore the desk, not done cleaning yet..lol

The sound is still bugging me, volume is at full and its very soft/distant. I think I should be using speakers with an outside powersource though, not sure. The Q-Pack is up on top because it's about 2" winder than the slot for the tower to go in my desk, gives me a place to stash the HP atleast.

I'm still having some issues with the sound, whether it is plugged in the front or the back, it still isn't very loud, even if the system volume is set to 100%. Anyone have any ideas?

Edit: looks like it was a speaker issue, headphones work fine.

Thanks guys!

Mac Truck: Syracuse losing really tanked the Atlanta side, but UCLA, Uconn and Florida are all still in so theres still hope :cool:

With the heat of summer now in full swing, I'm starting to get slightly concerned about the Temps inside my Qpack. The simple solution of course would be to just crank up the AC/Central air and make the room an Icebox like I want to, but that's not realy an option. I had intended to replace the stock case fan with a better one at some point and now I'm inclined to do it more. The temps are 40*C for both HD and the Celeron, but I plan on adding a 7600 GT and that won't do anything to help with the head inside. The cables are slightly messy, but I have been putting off opening it and messing around until I got the 7600 and a sata drive to replace the IDE samsung. I had also wanted to add an X-Fi at some point too.
Right now I guess the plan is to replace the stock 120mm fan with a 110 CFM Silverstone from Newegg, and a Vantec PCI Fan card blowing air on the video card. While I'm messing around I'm also inclined to replace the CPU heatsink with something that is going to work better, I just can't decide on what yet. I'm currently using the stock LGA775 cooler, and considering a Blue Orb II or a Zalman 7700 ALCU. My only concern is whether those would have sufficient clearance and fit pretty well, but I'm fairly sure I have seen other people with those in their Qpacks. What do you fellow SFF'ers think?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16811999344 for the silverstone fan

Well a CPU temperature of 40ºC is not what i would call high, it's actually a nice temp for an SFF system on summer.

I have a Zalman 7700Cu and it fits perfectly, is quiet and it reduced my temps about 13ºC.

I suggest you have a look at this new Zalman as well, check some reviews out, it looks pretty nice.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16835118005

And about that PCI Fan, I'd rather simply replace the original one with a VF-900 or an accelero but I don't think it'll be needed.

Yeah, 40* isn't too bad for summer, and it is a Prescot too. I would like to limit some of the hot air coming out though, and a cooler comp is a happier comp too :) That new Zalman looks pretty nice, I'll take that into consideration as well.

I ordered the 7600 GT today from Tiger, I'll post a few pics when it shows up. Now having an excuse to open up the case, I'll clean all those pesky wires up and do some good cable management.

Got the 7600 today, went in with no problems. I played around with the cables for a little bit, and it is better, but still not as clean as I'd like. I'll get around to it eventually. Temp on the vid card is 60-63 degrees so far. Plays CS:S with no problems, now to get CoD2 :)

I ordered up a Pentium D915 tonight, as well as a Zalman 7700 ALCU cooler for it. I also got a 250gb Sata2 Samsung hard drive to replace the 120gb IDE drive I have in now.

Newegg delivered my order today, a day after it shipped :D I installed the Zalman cooler and the Pent D915, but since I forgot I didn't have another SATA cable, the hard drive will have to wait. Temps for the Processor so far: 23* C, very nice. I also found after pulling the old heat sink off that I had used a little too much thermal paste, so I used a little less this time. The Zalman is also alot easier to instal than the stupid stock heatsink :cool:

So the 7700 fits in the qpack with a intel board. Cool. I guess I will have to pick one up. I wonder if the thermalright XP-90 Ultra fits.

I picked up an X-Fi Fatal1ty from Newegg, as well as a 320gig HD and put them in today. There is little room left in the Q-Pack now and I'm thinking about just switching to a ATX case eventually, but for now I don't want to have to open it for a long time, lol.

Too bad you're having an issue with the temps. I can't really help you too much with that since I run and overclocked Celeron M which never gets hot. I can just use speedfan to spin down the fan and take care of the noise.

Although you can fit a watercooling setup which will help take care of both.

Yanks2435 said:
Yeah, This is the 7700 that I got: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16835118114 No idea about the XP-90, I don't recall seing any of those in Q-Packs yet.

It fits !!!! I got an XP-90 in my Q-Pack . U just have to be carefull not to bend the fins when u slide the mobo tray back in.Without cutting any caseparts u can only use a 70 mm fan for the XP 90 , but works actually fine on for my CPU ! 80 or 92 mm fans will not fit without any mod . :D

Dude, wtf you're using passive speakers with that nice X-Fi system? Haha what's wrong with you? Get some decent powered speakers for $25. What headphones are you using with it?

Back