My new mini htpc Habey EMC-800B & AMD A4 4500 itx build log

Anh N.

Gawd
Been meaning to build a smaller htpc than my current one, I was excited to stumble across eskro's post on xbmc forum about AMD's A4-3400 APU :) , and that it was available on newegg. So on impulse mode, I ordered :p

spec:
AMD A4-3400 Llano 2.7GHz Socket FM1 65W

ASRock A75M-ITX FM1 AMD A75

Habey EMC-800B Black

Crucial M4 64GB ssd

2 x G.SKILL Sniper 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (spare lying around)

Last edited:
continue...

(in case anyone was wondering, stock heatsink + fan height is about 48mm, and fan alone is 16-17mm)

(putting ssd on top to leave room below for the slim bluray drive which is on its way on slow boat from china :( )

(leaving a gap for the top to help with cooling, since I have no skill/tool/time nor patience to drill hole pattern on top panel :p

Semi finished build, until getting the slim drive and face plate to cover that ugly white slot on the Habey. Dont know why they can't at least make it black to match the case instead of white. it plays bluray disc/iso/1080p rip, Netflix HD, and Hulu HD just fine, no stutter or skip frame that I can see. Sorry for the bad pic quality, was taken with iphone.

Yeah, I'm not a fan of the white face plate either. Good job though. +1 for Fringe :)

Back