My new KB won't keep my brightness setting after a reboot, is that normal ?

Subzerok11

Gawd
I just recently bought a TKL PURI keyboard made by Cougar and when I set the brightness lower it's fine. But when I reboot my PC it defaults back to full brightness. Is that normal ?

I just recently bought a TKL PURI keyboard made by Cougar and when I set the brightness lower it's fine. But when I reboot my PC it defaults back to full brightness. Is that normal ?
does it have control software? if so, maybe you need to edit the profile?

No it does not have software it says in the manual driverless device.

What's the point of having 20 different lighting modes and 10 customized modes if it can't keep the setting after you reboot it just doesn't make any sense must be something I'm not getting here.

No it does not have software it says in the manual driverless device.

What's the point of having 20 different lighting modes and 10 customized modes if it can't keep the setting after you reboot it just doesn't make any sense must be something I'm not getting here.
hmm, does it have firmware to update?

Well I've checked around and people said if the KB does not have internal memory or software running on the PC then it's normal.

that's what I thought. but some could have firmware to keep it set. idk, I have a razor chomra here and it doesn't do shit till the software kicks in.

Well I've checked around and people said if the KB does not have internal memory or software running on the PC then it's normal.

it does have internal memory, looking at the manual to save the brightness i believe you have to setup a custom profile with the lighting effect you want, but my guess is it always goes to the default profile on boot no matter what you do.

Back