My New E6600 Week 30A @ 4.06ghz!

orion23

Gawd
So I just got this week 30A E6600 from Newegg and this is what happens when I overclock it:

445 X 9 = 4.06ghz 1.4375 In Bios (1.48 P5WDG2 WS Pro)
RAM 1:1

Idles @ 37c with a Thermailright Ultra 120!

This CPU's heatspreader looks very different than others I've owned. It has "funny looking edges"

4.06ghz.JPG

Can you pass 6 hours of Large, Small and Blend Orthos with that? My week 27 will boot way up there too, but it won't Orthos that high...no way.

I can tell you've got a very nice chip on your hands regardless - congrats!

I don't think anyone can do Orthos @ 3.8ghz or more on AIR.

The Load temperatues are way too high (look through Xtremesystems and you won't see anybody running orthos or anything else on air beyond 3.8ghz or so)

Temperatues running Winrar / quickpar (100% both cores) : 55-65c

3DM06 crashes on me @ these speeds (could be the RAM since it is being overclocked anyway, I think I have to play with my timings)

I can run Super PI anytime though!

orion23 said:
I don't think anyone can do Orthos @ 3.8ghz or more on AIR.

The Load temperatues are way too high (look through Xtremesystems and you won't see anybody running orthos or anything else on air beyond 3.8ghz or so)

Temperatues running Winrar / quickpar (100% both cores) : 55-65c

3DM06 crashes on me @ these speeds (could be the RAM since it is being overclocked anyway, I think I have to play with my timings)

I can run Super PI anytime though!

Nice chip anyways. I dont even know what my fastest suicidal run would be, I'm prime stable just past 3.6 with a E6300.

orthos/dual prime is what really counts. Please post those. Thanks for sharing, at least the later weeks are somewhat guaranteed good clocks. The B version should be even better.

i have a question.. which week are the chips best likely to get good clocks?
the later the better?

cambrian said:
orthos/dual prime is what really counts.

Not to everyone... if you were an oc'er you would understand ;)

Thats a very nice cpu. I have a B1 stepping 6700 ES and it takes 1.5v to hit 4ghz on air. It will bench at 3.9 on 1.43. That's about my limit on air due to temps. I'm bolting the phase change on this weekend and will see how that does, then go to dry ice.

boshuter said:
Not to everyone... if you were an oc'er you would understand ;)

Thats a very nice cpu. I have a B1 stepping 6700 ES and it takes 1.5v to hit 4ghz on air. It will bench at 3.9 on 1.43. That's about my limit on air due to temps. I'm bolting the phase change on this weekend and will see how that does, then go to dry ice.

Well there are overclocks, then there are 24/7 overclocks. Anyone can jackup a chip, it's making it 100% stable thats tuff. I prefer to make sure I'm not going to crash when overclocked - thus the Orthos testing.

C.ChEsTeR said:
i have a question.. which week are the chips best likely to get good clocks?
the later the better?

My L631A454 is not one of them. At 3.3Ghz 1.45volts it's performing less than average.
(Newegg almost 2 weeks ago)

I just got my E6600 and my P5W DH today from newegg! So I looked at my E6600 and it is also a Week 30A. Do you mind if you give out more details about your BIOS settings? Specifically FSB Termination voltage, MCH voltage, etc. Hopefully I can get it that high. Thanks!

Well, congrats on 4Ghz but it's utterly useless if you can't even run 3dmark with it.

All you can do is un-zip files and calculate pie all day, fun!

Nice to know the chips seem to be improving with time though.

dnottis said:
Well there are overclocks, then there are 24/7 overclocks. Anyone can jackup a chip, it's making it 100% stable thats tuff. I prefer to make sure I'm not going to crash when overclocked - thus the Orthos testing.

I CANNOT RUN ORTHOS @ 4GHZ ON AIR. Just cannot be done. For that I would need at least a water cooling setup or so.

Now, for game stability, I need 1.52V. I am sure that Orthos will require a bit more.

And, there is nothing sure about the long run, since any system pushed too high will most likely die ANY GIVEN DAY wheter it is Orthos stable or not. The CPU might die, or the motherboard might die.

These 975X boards have a limit of 450 to 470 FSB and using these settings 24/7 take a toll on the hardware regardless of your orthos stuff.

Also, some people run orthos for 1 hour, others for 12, and others for 48 hours. When is a computer stressed that high for that long?

Anyway, the purpose here was to show that I could BOOT with very little voltage and that I was very happy with my 4.06ghz chip since it was my 3rd already while looking for the golden one.

And to think that there are other e6600's that can do better.............

Despotes said:
My L631A454 is not one of them. At 3.3Ghz 1.45volts it's performing less than average.
(Newegg almost 2 weeks ago)

What are you complaining about it, its not bad.

In fact its pretty good. The average is like 3.2Ghz, so at 3.3Ghz you're above average. Remember for every chip thats over the average, theres on thats under it. So be thankful you're on the positive side!!

My week 24 e6600 only does 3Ghz stable so its better than that.

Back