My new computer purchase - comments pls

LordBritish

2[H]4U
Ok, here's my present system:

Athlon 2100+ TBredB @ 2.3 Ghz (200 * 11.5)
Corsair XMS PC2700 at 200 FSB (6-3-3-2.5)
Really bad computer case - I hate it.

I may buy the folllowing to replace it:

Athlon 64 3200+: $299
1 Gig Corsair XMS PC3200 LL: $285
Asus K8T800 Motherboard: $137
Antec Aluminum P160 case: $112
-----------------------------------------------
Total: $833
CA State Tax: ?
S&H: Free

These prices are from newegg.com wherre I plan to
purchase the parts. One bad thing about living in CA
is that most of the mail order companies are in CA and
thus I have to pay tax :(

So I guess with CA state tax I'll be paying clase to $900
total.

Hmmm, so what do you guys/gals think of my new system?

I'm using the asus board, and it rox! DOn't k now about corsair memory, but whatever, and if you have the money get a 3400+ its a lot better than the 3200+ for the money its worth it

The 3400+ gives the FX a run for its money... Im jelous that you are upgrading. I was running a POS before this. My friend just upgraded to a 2000+ also, kinda makes me cry :( .

I got a FX and i love it, i just sold my 2700XP setup and just bought a 3200A64 and ASUS mobo so i can test it up against my FX51, chip and mobo gonna be here by friday cant wait to unleash some benchies.

The 3400 is about a $100 more than the 3200. The 3200 is about a $100 more than the 3000. If you're willing to spend $100 to go from 3000 to 3200 (almost no noticeable gain) then why not spend $100 to go from a 3200 to 3400 (more noticeable gain). That's my opinion :p

I would rahter pay the extra $70 for the 3200+ and have the 1MB cache over the 3000+ 512k cache. Also, a lot of 3200+ will o/c to 3400+ levels or even above. You can always gain back some clock speed by an o/c, but you can't double the cache no matter what you do.

Another vote for the 3400+ :cool:

by the way
Originally posted by LordBritish
Hmmm, so what do you guys/gals think of my new system?
That's what I call wishful thinking at it's best :p

Originally posted by Benny Blanco
Another vote for the 3400+ :cool:

by the way

That's what I call wishful thinking at it's best :p

Hey man, girls play online games like CS and UT2k3 so couldn't they be here too?

*SHHHHH, THEY'RE AMONG US (LOOKS AROUND NERVOUSLY)*

Aghhhhh, the Mrs. did not approve of my purchase !!

:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

One of the down sides of being married !!

Grrrrrr !!

I guess, i will have to postpone this upgrade for later.

Come on, be a MAN!!!

On second thought, your current specs are actually really nice.

How about just get that new case? That will make your current rig more enjoyable, and also keep u busy for a while :)

If that's not enough, do a fresh windows install as well ;)

If you like that new antec, you might like these also

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProdu...1-130-139&catalog=7&manufactory=BROWSE&depa=1

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProdu...1-130-142&catalog=7&manufactory=BROWSE&depa=1

At least you won't see these at compUSSR and best buy, whereas the antec p160 is already on shelves i think.

LordBritish I wouldnt have upgraded with your specs lordbritish. I'm still living with my system C1 in my sig, decided to hold off until 939 socket went final.

Originally posted by LordBritish
Aghhhhh, the Mrs. did not approve of my purchase !!

:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

One of the down sides of being married !!

Grrrrrr !!

I guess, i will have to postpone this upgrade for later.

lol...You're the man and provider of the house! Let her know who's boss. But if she threatens with no nookie, back off immediately.

Back