My new Aquacomputer setup (The Fidelity Box)

Status
Not open for further replies.

J-M-E

[H]ard|Gawd
Let me know what you guys think:

Link

Took me about 3 days total to build, case is a modified Lian Li PC73-SL :)

Looks pretty good...but just because I'm too lazy to look myself...what is it that sets the PC-73-SL apart from the PC-70, 'cus I don't see a lot in those pics.

Nice AC setup though, I'm still really tempted to build one myself...but dang...that $hit's not cheap. :p

I'd really appreciate some temperature reports, as the fact that a lot of people are reporting temps that are barely lower then highend air cooling is keeping me from seriously considering building a nice AC setup when I can.

Looks good.

Why do you need two loops? I think it would look better with just one, IMHO

Ill get you some temp reports as soon as I install windows on it :D

Why do you need two loops? I think it would look better with just one, IMHO

Depends on how much space you have to work with. Having a seperate loop for a cpu and a seperate loop for a video card is often a good idea if you can afford it, but in the case of hard drives and mosfet blocks, the main gain is in flow. Hard drive and mosfet blocks are typically more restrictive...and it doesn't make sense to make your cpu and/or gpu suffer due to lost flow rate from having a couple of those blocks in place.

Ill get you some temp reports as soon as I install windows on it

Good stuff. As nice as it'll be to have my phase change setup, I'd still be very tempted to go with the warmer cpu temps and setup a completely internal AC setup for my cpu/gpu/nb/mosfets on my upcoming system.

Very nice parts and build...Looking at your machine makes it even more compelling to build my next comp with AC watercooling... Why no SLI?

Asian Dub Foundation said:
nice job... but should have integrated the radiator within the case... would have looked tons better

Agreed...this is why I'm looking at a very interesting way or incorporating a triple 120mm rad into a PC-70.

Looks like a full sized Lian Li PC6070.

I like it.

with a case that big, and seeing how you chopped holes in the top already, you can easily have it go

AC evo 360 grille
case
fan
rad

and still have room. And that would look hot.

MOSFET and HDD blocks are funny, AquaComputer laughs all the way to the bank when people buy them (or any of their products for that matter).

You'd get better airflow through your radiator if the top of your case had a big rectangular cutout rather than three 120mm holes.

Especially with an AquaComputer setup.

Exactly my point.

MOSFET and HDD blocks are funny, AquaComputer laughs all the way to the bank when people buy them (or any of their products for that matter).

You'd get better airflow through your radiator if the top of your case had a big rectangular cutout rather than three 120mm holes.

Yeah...I was looking at doing a full AC loop with my upcoming setup (before I found out I was gonna have a phase change system to play with) and the 4 mosfet blocks I was gonna need were gonna run me $120 alone. :eek:

I don't see your reasoning on the radiator cutout...the airflow is only coming from the fans themselves...I don't really think temps would be effected much of the rest of the radiator body was aloud to "breathe" out through the top of the case.

cornelious0_0 said:
I don't see your reasoning on the radiator cutout...the airflow is only coming from the fans themselves...I don't really think temps would be effected much of the rest of the radiator body was aloud to "breathe" out through the top of the case.
If there is a gap between the fans and radiator and radiator and case then it probably won't matter much, but why do three circular cutouts when a big rectangle is easier?

thewhiteguy said:
Especially with an AquaComputer setup.

i had to go out side on a v2000 case due to sli.... please stfu

normal_DSC01562.JPG

cornelious0_0 said:
how do you get the template to make the correct rectangular cutout?

here is one of mine the fans slide in the hole and its bolted down in the 4 corners

normal_DSC01521.JPG

Derrick70 said:
take 3 120mm fans and measure it out its not to hard to do
I have terrible mechanical and mathmatical abilites. I have a difficult time visualizing things. I know I'll end up cutting a rectangle that's too big leaving me nowhere to screw the fans to.

CRXican said:
I have terrible mechanical and mathmatical abilites. I have a difficult time visualizing things. I know I'll end up cutting a rectangle that's too big leaving me nowhere to screw the fans to.

just line up 3 fans on top of the case trace around

Holy crap...I'm such a dunse...I forgot that the radiator was mounted above the case...in that sense, a hole beneath it might help...but raising the radiator up off the case would accomplish the same thing...depends which you prefer.

Fist off. 3 120mm fan holes were cut in the top of the case because I PLANNED on having the radiator inside the case. However, as it turned out there was not enough space inside the case for the radiator and fans... It would fit, but it would be a huge hassle.

And why are you saying "especially with an Aquacomputer setup". That makes no sense, an AC setup is just as big as any other. And yes im using 3\8" ID Tubing.

Thanks for all the comments guys :D I put a lot of work into this new rig. Im going to pick up an X-Fi soundcard for it today.

J-M-E said:
Fist off. 3 120mm fan holes were cut in the top of the case because I PLANNED on having the radiator inside the case. However, as it turned out there was not enough space inside the case for the radiator and fans... It would fit, but it would be a huge hassle.

And why are you saying "especially with an Aquacomputer setup". That makes no sense, an AC setup is just as big as any other. And yes im using 3\8" ID Tubing.

Thanks for all the comments guys :D I put a lot of work into this new rig. Im going to pick up an X-Fi soundcard for it today.

Only reason I thought the "because of AC" comment was valid was because AC has so many things like the Aquario and their reservoirs that are fairly space saving...but I agree that it's not really fair in your case. I still think the fans/rad could have fit...I could have swore I've seen it done.

you coulda gotten a Universal GPU block, maze4-esque, that mounts on every VGA card out there. sorta wasteful to watercool your Hard drives, which dont need it at all, and leave your GPU to suffer from hot air.. internal rad and better/no grills woulda looked nicer, but i suppose it gets the job done. also, why to Ehiem 1048's? why not just get one D5 and stretch the 3/8th tubing over the 1/2in barb?

also...wire management could use some work. sorta messy.

CCUABIDExORxDIE said:
you coulda gotten a Universal GPU block, maze4-esque, that mounts on every VGA card out there. sorta wasteful to watercool your Hard drives, which dont need it at all, and leave your GPU to suffer from hot air.. internal rad and better/no grills woulda looked nicer, but i suppose it gets the job done. also, why to Ehiem 1048's? why not just get one D5 and stretch the 3/8th tubing over the 1/2in barb?

also...wire management could use some work. sorta messy.

Way to nail it right on the head CCU...I'm kinda busy at work ATM, but it's nice to know you guys are still here to pick up the slack when I'm being lazy. :p

cornelious0_0 said:
Way to nail it right on the head CCU...I'm kinda busy at work ATM, but it's nice to know you guys are still here to pick up the slack when I'm being lazy. :p

i get the job done. after seeing the ridiculous ammounts of money this kid spent on this rig and then making his PSU modular...i thought it would look like the best rig ive ever seen. but it looks sorta overdone, overlit and over-hyped.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back